The Chase

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Dragon
Regular

The Chase

#1 Post by Dragon »

The Chase is a new novel I've decided to come up with. My last one, Life Goes On, is currenty on a hiatus, due to lack of artists, and ideas. The Chase, I hope, is a novel just in the life of a young school boy, trying to find love. So, if anyone can give me some support, that would be greatly appreciated.

Neon Lemmy Koopa
Regular
Projects: Prince of Lawyers

Re: The Chase

#2 Post by Neon Lemmy Koopa »

what kind of support would you be looking for? your post is kind of vague and chances are people wont know what exactly you need.
Now, they often call me Speedo, But my real name is Mr. Earl!
Known for meetin' brand new fellas and takin' other folk's girl!
Now, some, they call me Joe, Some may call me Moe
Just remember Speedo, he don't never take it slow
Even R&B in the 50's was cool

Dragon
Regular

#3 Post by Dragon »

Well currently, for this project, I need a blonde-headed boy as the main character. For my other project, you'll have to look deeper in the Works in Progress Forum. Thanks, man.

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#4 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Er...I'll go ahead and say that adding that you'll have a blonde lead to your already vague post doesn't help much.

Neon Lemmy Koopa
Regular
Projects: Prince of Lawyers

#5 Post by Neon Lemmy Koopa »

You need to provide us with a good plot explanation, give us your development plans, explain how much you have done already, and what kind of support you need, be it artists, musicians, coders, etc. You need to provide enough info to show your exact plans so that people understand them perfectly.
Known for meetin' brand new fellas and takin' other folk's girl!
Now, some, they call me Joe, Some may call me Moe
Just remember Speedo, he don't never take it slow
Even R&B in the 50's was cool

Dragon
Regular

#6 Post by Dragon »

No offense, I would appreciate if you did not hound at me for not being discriptive. I'm already stressed as it is coming up with ideas for the story. But I thank you nonetheless for your help.

Long: The main character. He is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy. He is 16 years old. He is known for his trademark black cap with a yellow t-shirt and blue jeans.
Reira: A red-headed 17 year-old girl. Her name is Japanese for 'red'. She is Niruke's childhood friend, and has a crush on him. She is known for her red ribbon in her hair. She has blue eyes. She wears a purple shirt with blue pants.
(That's it for characters, for now.)

Music: Some of it will be copied from my other story.

Artwork: I'll need some artists to create some backgrounds, such as school, mall, shops, houses, and other things. The characters will be wearing school clothes on weekdays and other clues on weekends. Their school clothes represent Japanese school clothes. Boys will be wearing blue and white jumpsuits, while girls will be wearing blue and white sailor fukus.

When I think of anything else, I shall let you know.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#7 Post by papillon »

I think you're probably not far enough along in your project for any artists to sign on yet. Better to focus on your ideas for now.

If someone did sign on with you, they would need you to be descriptive, and they would ask a whole bunch of picky questions, and if you weren't ready for that stage it would totally stress you out. Also, if you don't have a complete script yet, then you might change your mind and realise you needed something else instead of what they'd drawn, and that would stress both you and your artist out.

Do you want someone to look over what you've written so far and give you feedback and suggestions? Or would you rather get at least a complete outline first?

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Wintermoon »

Write the script. Finish the script. In fact, put the script into Ren'Py and playtest it. Then start looking for an artist. That way the artist can know what the project is about, the scope of the project, and that you're actually serious enough about the project to finish the script.