Title: Alehaeus: The Radiant Kingdom
Pairings: GxG/B (Possible BxG/B relationships between npcs)
A high school kid from Earth is summoned to a magical world to save it from an encroaching darkness and somehow wins the affection of everyone along the way. Sound familiar? Well, this is totally different! Okay, not really, but there is a bit of a twist to this game. You are not the high school kid. Instead, you are the magical world's princess and it's your job to make sure that the high school kid is up to the task which, honestly, you have your doubts about. I mean, he definitely doesn't look like the legendary hero you imagined as a little girl. And he doesn't have any special traits or abilities as far as you can tell. It'll work out somehow though. Right?
- Save your world by lending the hero your aid. (Or let it fall to chaos. Whatever.)
- Protect your status as best girl or steer the hero into the arms of another woman (Or man. Whatever.)
- Not interested in the hero of prophecy? Date someone else! (Or stay single. Whatever.)
(just sketches for now since by the time I finish the script I'll be a better artist. If history tells me anything. ) (From Left to Right: Alder, Frayne, Brier, Alena, Hiro, Nariko, and Chandra)
A perverted old man who has reverted to his early twenties after messing up a potion meant to turn him into a young woman. Seriously. Anyway, apparently it's permanent which is fine because his good looks make him less creepy. Maybe. Either way, he's still one of the most talented magic users in the land which unfortunately justifies him being assigned to you as your teacher. He does actually give you good advice from time to time though and there are some moments where he's almost bearable.
A recently hired maid. Thus, you don't know too much about her. What you do know is that she's super shy and has a hard time communicating with others. It's kind of cute when it's not frustrating. Anyway, she does have a knack for cleaning and seems harmless enough.
Your best friend and play mate when you were a child. While your duties as princess drove you the two of you apart, you've always remembered her fondly. That's why you were thrilled when you learned that she was going to be your new bodyguard. In your time away from each other, Brier became a peerless warrior so she could once again be at your side. She's a bit more crass than you remember, but she's still got that laid back and easy going attitude you've come to appreciate.
The daughter of the current King of Alehaeus. Also, you. You might not be the most demure of princesses, but you do care a great deal about your kingdom and want to see it prosper.
Hero of Prophecy
Some kid from another world that's supposed to be able to save Alehaeus from darkness. He's smaller than you imagined. And as far as you can tell his combat ability is... Lacking. He is really nice though. As a person, you like him well enough. You're just not sure he's qualified to save the place you call home.
Some girl that got caught up in the summoning spell. She's got a serious attitude problem. It's not like you're seducing the man of her dreams on purpose. And if she was so serious about him why didn't she confess ages ago? I mean, she was his childhood friend, right? She had plenty of time to do it! You really don't deserve the level of animosity she directs towards you.
Some hussy that is a little too into Hiro. Apparently, he convinced her to come over to your side, but you aren't sure that her intentions are pure. No way are you going to let her walk around your castle unsupervised!
And that's what I've got so far! Any feedback is welcome but I do have a few specific questions I'd love to get answers to if you're game:
- So, it should be obvious that this game is inspired by harem anime that would generally be aimed at males. Problem is, since I changed the protagonist to a female, I'm not sure who my audience is now. Would you prefer it if I tried to stay true to the harem anime feel or would it be better if I slanted it more towards what you'd expect from a traditional otome game?
- I'm thinking about adding the type of fanservice scenes you would see in harem style anime (think hot springs or beach episodes). Is this a good idea or a bad one? Since it's kind of an otome game now, would that sort of thing turn you off? Or would you prefer to have it? And if so, would you want said fanservice to be geared towards male or female characters or both?
- Is there any type of character that I didn't include that you'd like to see in the game? As a romance option or otherwise? (For example, I don't have a beefy, muscular guy yet. I might need to add one of those... Hmm...)
- If I ended up making this a commercial game (as in, it'd cost money) would you be interested enough to buy it? (It is okay to say no)
That's all for now. Thanks for taking a look at my crazy concept!