Video editor up for hire

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
AngelicCarrot
Regular

Video editor up for hire

#1 Post by AngelicCarrot »

I've recently obtained Sony Vegas, and I've learned some tricks for game openings/cut scenes that I'd like to practice with. :D Unfortunately, progress is slow on my VN's artwork because I'm doing it all myself, and I have little other media to use. I realised it would be a lot better if I shared my talent with fellow VN makers instead of wasting it all on me, so I'm now taking video requests! ^__^

A short, small example of what I can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC4U3N7ehcs

Here's what I need to make your video, and some other guidelines:

1. ARTWORK/CLIPS

I'll need what you want me to use in your video, such as character art, event cgs, background art and/or some gameplay clips if you desire.

PLEASE make sure the character art and objects you want me to use in the video have TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS. If they don't, I won't be able to layer them.

I will not make character art or objects for you. So please provide your own.

If you want adult scenes in the opening:

PLEASE censor them. I will not censor them for you, and please note that I actually don't prefer to work with them because I am a minor.

2. MUSIC, SOUNDS OR VOICE CLIPS:

Please provide something for me to base the movement of the video on. If you have a certain order you want things to appear or sound off, please tell me where or give me a script and number the clips in chronological order.

I might be able to provide some sounds or songs for you, but be warned they won't have any singers or be exactly what you want because they're from free sites I found.

3. STORY AND MOOD DESCRIPTION

I'll need a description of the story and/or a mood for the video so it will fit with the type of game. That way I'll know what colors and transitions to use in the opening. (Although, I'll probably be able to tell just by the art and song)

Examples of how I'll express the mood:

Serious- Darker colors, slower transitions, dramatic pans. Great for a medieval or dark theme.

Sweet- Pastel colors, medium slow transitions. Great for a dramatic love triangle or romance game.

Hyper- Bright colors, bouncy transitions, fast-paced. Great for a happy game with lots of comedy or cute girls.

Please describe what you want me to do, or give me a video example similar to what you want if none of these fit.

OTHER THINGS

Would you like me to put your logo in the video? If so, where?

Would you like text or character descriptions during the video? Please provide them if yes.

Are there any certain types of animation or transitions you'd like? (Almost anything is possible with Vegas.)

What is the screen resolution?

The video will be saved as an MPEG as a default, but if you'd like another format PLEASE tell me so I can consider it while making your video.

I will take 3 requests at a time. Making these takes time, the example clip I provided took me about 3 hours alone. Your video should be done in 1 or 2 weeks maximum unless something comes up. I don't do extremely complicated things yet, so don't ask me to, I'll do the best I can with your request.

Please comment below or PM me if you're interested. First come first serve! ;P
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

Re: Video editor up for hire

#2 Post by Sakurazaki »

I'm interested. I just started video editing but I'd love to see what you come up with. :D I have part of it already done, but I'd like to see how you'd interpret it.

Need any other info? It's for Aquae Crystal Clear Waters.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#3 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Sakurazaki wrote:I'm interested. I just started video editing but I'd love to see what you come up with. :D I have part of it already done, but I'd like to see how you'd interpret it.

Need any other info? It's for Aquae Crystal Clear Waters.
Ooo, okie ^^ I've seen your work, I love it @__@ I'll be happy to work with you! Just tell me what to do!

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#4 Post by Sakurazaki »

pmed you. Do you have msn or aim? I'm having a meeting with some of the staff of R3 right now so XD I can talk to you easily through messenger.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

I want too!
Ehh... You're not busy... right?
It's for the game in my sig...

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#6 Post by AngelicCarrot »

No no I'm not! ^^ Sorry for the late response, I haven't checked this thread for awhile @__@;

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#7 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Ahh so bored~ I have nothing to work with right now >3<;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#8 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ahh, don't worry, I've send you the song! Now just the pics....

TMBpower
Regular

#9 Post by TMBpower »

Hey! Awesome. The only reason why I haven't started my own project is I've been looking for software to put together an opening video. If you're still available in a couple months, I hope you can handle an assignment from moi? :) I will keep track of your progress for now.
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

Nessiah
Regular
Completed: Valthirian Arc
Projects: DollMaker

#10 Post by Nessiah »

I would certainly ask for a request once I Finished all of the artwork :<
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#11 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Hey, sorry for the late response.

I'll be happy to take all your requests, but I'm having a little problem with Vegas right now, bleh, need to fix it up a little ><; A key component isn't working (It's extremely important for VN openings, it moves objects and stuff)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#12 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ahem, dun' worry, I'm not in a rush...