daydreaming // GxB/G, short? friendship?

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
seokjins
Projects: daydreaming

daydreaming // GxB/G, short? friendship?

#1 Post by seokjins »

mini introduction
hello! my name's jade, and this is my first time posting to lemmasoft, though i come here quite a lot in search of good otomes to stock up on ^^ i'm an aspiring artist, i've only been drawing for a lil over a year now, i'm like a newborn baby rip. anyway, during nanoreno 2016, i was a bit ambitious and tried to participate. however, due to my lack of skills it never got past the general "LETS SHOUT IDEAS AT EACHOTHER" with a friend stage. the document has been sitting rather lonesome for awhile and i recently discovered it again and wanted to try and slowly rework it. i'm not gonna attempt to actually make it right now, rather i'm practicing my drawing skills with planning characters. with all that said, i still wanted to see if it seemed like an idea worth pursuing ^^

here's where i actually talk about the idea/plot
when i first got the idea, i named it daydreaming, however its not as fitting as i thought so it's a working title.
here is a literal piece of conversation i had with the friend i was working with as a tldr of the entire story, lmao
[8:18:45 PM] CAN YOU FEEL IT MR KRABS: person wakes up not knowing where she is finds out shes in dream world and tries 2 find out how 2 leave
[8:18:52 PM] CAN YOU FEEL IT MR KRABS: and (gasp) PLOT TWIST
[8:18:54 PM] CAN YOU FEEL IT MR KRABS: SHES dEAD
[8:18:59 PM] CAN YOU FEEL IT MR KRABS: trhen it ends fuck you
i don't think the dead part is gonna be true though lmAO. here's the official description draft i wrote up on the spot when i was still working on it, i wrote this before the entire plot was planned out, so at the time the title daydreaming was very fitting, but now with the actual plot mostly planned out it doesn't make sense, so this entire description is mostly invalid now (the daydream part, at least)
Never being satisfied with the real world, Hera was often found daydreaming in her own. But when the dream world clashes and replaces the real world, Hera finds herself caught right in the middle. With no idea where she is or how she got there, she does the only reasonable thing to do- find a way to return home.
so an accurate tldr now would be, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM STUCK IN THE DREAM WORLD EXCUSE ME" and thus a terrible adventure of trying to, ya know, leave. the otome part fits in bc these are the people she travels with on her adventure to find out what's going on, about why she can't leave the dreamworld/finding a way out. tbh, i'd call it more of a friendship than romance. u can't fall in love in like 3 hours contrary to popular belief,,

character stuff wowowo
so at the time i had an awful idea, which i'm sticking with because by terrible i mean amazing, i was gonna have punny names. meaning names that literally describe the character. what i mean by this is,
hera
hera is our heroine. i read somewhere hera meant heroine. even if it apparently doesn't hera is pretty damn close to heroine. its punny enough for mE
hera is the only character i have a completed sketch of. i used to have really old headshots of all the characters but they sucked and i deleted them and theyre gone forever. this sketch of hera i made/completed about a week ago, and it's her set design, wowowo
(full photo/pose)
and here are a few rlly bad sketches i did of her trying to see what style i wanted to do? in the end i just did whatever came to me first lmao. the last one is rlly bad. she also had green tips but i got rid of them. rest in peace
an obtainable is named galen, which means calm and peaceful. he's the nice one lmao. then there's adabel, which means happy and lovely. she's the optimistic one. i wanted a ""bad boy"" name for the ultimate cliches but i haven't really picked a name for him yet. and then i was beginning to plan a secret route, another girl. i haven't planned her out at all, but she's there, and she's extra special wowowo.
so in total, there are three obtainables, and one secret. two boy, two girl. i'm not gonna explain much about the characters, as i only have galen's basic storyline written out and it be unfair to write about only one and the rest are a mystery, so let's leave them all a mystery wowowow.

extra stuffs
so this was rlly long. its a really jumbled and messed around idea, honestly i have a lot planned but i don't want to post it all bc one, spoiling the entire story, and two, it be an even bigger mess than it already is. so yeah, i'm sorry for all that ^^;;
i wonder what genre this would be,,, slice of life?? fantasy?? who knows
if anyone's even slightly interested in the base idea, i'd love to hear so. when i get more planned out/drawn, i might make a neater thread possibly looking to make a small team? it's a short game, probably, it's nothing too large but it's still something i'd love to see finished one day. c':

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

Re: daydreaming // GxB/G, short? friendship?

#2 Post by Sonomi »

You've been drawing for only "a lil over a year now" and you're already this good? Wow. Just...that's amazing. :wink: My learning curve was much larger than that!

I like the premise of being trapped in a dream world. It seems like a story you could make as psychedelic, trippy, cute, or funny as your imagination will afford. Depends on what she daydreams about, and if those things will ultimately become obstacles to her/their escape.

Slice of life wouldn't be too far off, and neither would fantasy (you could always use both tags).

Side note: Welcome to LSF! And who is Mr Krabs? ^ ^;

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

Seems like an interesting idea. c: There's not much for me to comment on since there isn't too much plot described here yet, but it sounds like you've got a workable idea here.

I like Sketch #1's style the best.

seokjins

#4 Post by seokjins »

Sonomi wrote:You've been drawing for only "a lil over a year now" and you're already this good? Wow. Just...that's amazing. :wink: My learning curve was much larger than that!

I like the premise of being trapped in a dream world. It seems like a story you could make as psychedelic, trippy, cute, or funny as your imagination will afford. Depends on what she daydreams about, and if those things will ultimately become obstacles to her/their escape.

Slice of life wouldn't be too far off, and neither would fantasy (you could always use both tags).

Side note: Welcome to LSF! And who is Mr Krabs? ^ ^;
aaaa i'm not that great,, i'm just trying my best to fake it c':
and thank you! actually, she'll be unable to dream. to explain it without giving much away, she was in the process of entering a dream when plot stuff happens and she's ultimately stuck there, but since she wasn't entirely in the dream yet, she's in the dream world, but without the ability to actually dream. have you ever seen the show supernatural? the concept of "heaven" in the show is more of rooms, rather than one big cloudy oasis, each room belonging to a person and that room is anything the host wants their heaven to be. that's the dream world here, a bunch of lil rooms full of peoples dreams ^^ so it was like she was checking into the hotel. she's there, but never got the chance to sign into her room, if that makes any sense? that doesn't mean she can't go exploring other rooms though :^) and i'll probably use both tags, yeah!

& thank u for welcoming me! the "CAN YOU FEEL IT MR KRABS" was my screen name on the chatting thing i was using, it's a funny joke from the show spongebob, mr krabs being a character cx
Zelan wrote:Seems like an interesting idea. c: There's not much for me to comment on since there isn't too much plot described here yet, but it sounds like you've got a workable idea here.

I like Sketch #1's style the best.
thank you! i went a tiny bit more in depth of the plot above ^^ i'll be working through a much more presentable plot soon and i'll update it. i really wanted to test if it was a idea worth fixing first, before i tried to present something that no one liked, so thank u!! c:

seokjins

#5 Post by seokjins »

mini update, i've finally upgraded from my small wacom intuos draw to something much, much better so i'll be able to work easier ^^ i'm really pushing myself on learning anatomy so i can further sketch out characters. for me, personally, when i have a character drawn and ready, it's easier on me to focus on planning them in every other aspect, otherwise i get sidetracked with the want to draw them. so if i'm lucky, i might have a few more character sketches and descriptions thrown up soon! ^^