Panopticon - A game of transhuman conspiracy (MtAs)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
notanautomaton

Panopticon - A game of transhuman conspiracy (MtAs)

#1 Post by notanautomaton »

This game is based on Panopticon Quest https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/t ... maguns.47/

It's set in the Mage the Ascension universe, making it the lowest form of fiction - A twice recursive fanfiction visual novel. But it struck my interest, so I'm going to give it a try.

You play as the leader of a group of Enlightened Scientists (people so skilled that it's almost like magic) as you try to solve various mysteries and stop your subordinates from defecting from your conspiracy, going nuts, or just leaving the team.

So far the game's up to 157 lines, after starting last night. I'm hoping to at least triple that by tonight. I'll try to figure out how to share it tonight or tomorrow night.

notanautomaton

Re: Panopticon - A game of transhuman conspiracy (MtAs)

#2 Post by notanautomaton »

The current cast list is as follows:

Jamelia Belltower, Veteran Agent. She's a veteran spy, the Da Vinci of espionage. If Da Vinci were a 60 year old Arabic woman. She looks 25 due to anti-aging treatments.

Henriette Langley, Assault Walker Pilot. She's the heavy guns, bringing in a mecha that lets her destroy in combat at the cost of subtlety. She's also highly traumatized, and unwanted in her normal organization.

Rose Ashford, Experimental Bioweapon. Rose is a happy six year old with a sunny personality. She's also a killing machine-vampire hybrid that tends towards homocidal rages, which is why she's not wanted.

Donald Sykes, Executive. He's super rich and wants to improve the world and get more power. He's also a chronic whistleblower, which makes him unwanted.

Siddharth Rajesh, Space Marine. He used to fight aliens in space, but he was too inflexible, which is why he ended up stuck on Earth. He loves his job, which is killing Reality Deviants, and hates being stuck with his best stuff breaking down.

And that's the initial party!