Scelta - Shuffling the hands dealt by Fate

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Novinha
Regular
Projects: Scelta

Re: Scelta - Shuffling the hands dealt by Fate

#31 Post by Novinha »

Jake wrote:
monele wrote:I got Shoko. Yay, kitty! :D
... isn't Shoko that Japanese idol who's famous for - amongst other things - putting her cat's head in her mouth?
*blinks in disbelief* Omigods. *Note to self - consider changing kitty name*. Any reference link to THAT Shoko? We can assure you that our Shoko would never even think about putting head of her own kind in her mouth!

Hime:
I'm afraid you'll have to wait quite long - as stated in the first post of this thread, Scelta's development time frame is expected to extend until the end of this year (and that's an optimistic estimate!) ^_^; Will try to update and keep you guys interested in the meantime still.

Monele:
Ideas will be very welcome - to retain the surprise factor, feel free to PM them to me :)

We're also looking forward to modify how we work based on the insights gained from the WIP thread. Hope it'll be for the better ^_^;
~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
# Flavius Vegetius Renatus #

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#32 Post by Hime »

Novinha wrote: Hime:
I'm afraid you'll have to wait quite long - as stated in the first post of this thread, Scelta's development time frame is expected to extend until the end of this year (and that's an optimistic estimate!) ^_^; Will try to update and keep you guys interested in the meantime still.
What, that soon? :3 It's even more exciting... Waah~!
But time is no issue on my part. I'm not going to get bored of VNs, so I'd still look forward to this even if it took years. :)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by monele »

Haha, I didn't think I'd be the one having to come up with the original ideas ^^; I was rather ready to wait for *your* next cool idea ^^;

Jake
Support Hero

#34 Post by Jake »

Novinha wrote: Any reference link to THAT Shoko? We can assure you that our Shoko would never even think about putting head of her own kind in her mouth!
A quick google search for "Shoko Nakagawa cat head" comes up with:

http://www.conbinibento.com/2006/07/18/a-lover-of-cats/

Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Novinha
Regular

#35 Post by Novinha »

Jake wrote:
Novinha wrote: Any reference link to THAT Shoko? We can assure you that our Shoko would never even think about putting head of her own kind in her mouth!
A quick google search for "Shoko Nakagawa cat head" comes up with:

http://www.conbinibento.com/2006/07/18/a-lover-of-cats/

... That... is... so gross... :(

Novinha
Regular

#36 Post by Novinha »

The Scelta Heroine Quiz has gotten a good response, with estimated over 30 responses (although only 18 were logged in quibblo, the rest informed their result via VNProject forum/personal messages). To our surprise motherly Judith van Holstein is top heroine with 33% vote, followed by a tie between cold Anna Wilhelmina von Krant and carefree Carlotta Amaya (28% each), and lively Chiara Greyling at the last place with 11% vote! ^_^; (Yes, for some mysterious reason nobody officially voted for Shoko - although that might change once we release her human form)

For lemmasoft members who have taken the quiz, thank you - we'd really appreciate it if you can elaborate here on how you got your respective result, and whether you think it fits your preference!

On another note, Scelta project still opens recruitment for the following positions: colorist, scriptwriter, BG illustrator, and voice artist - if you're interested, please contact me or go straight to VNProject forum to register!

And last but not least, we've finally selected our new chara designer, Kenta - here's one of his sample images that had won our vote :)
Attachments
Mao-Anna Event Scene, Park Lake, Day 2 - Evening
Mao-Anna Event Scene, Park Lake, Day 2 - Evening

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by monele »

We could vote?!... Wah? I only took the quiz o_O

Also, wonderful picture!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#38 Post by azureXtwilight »

The art was awesome! But I wonder why the were "creacking" sound when the music plays... Was that just my PC?

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#39 Post by Midnighticequeen »

That's an awesome picture, he's certainty a talented artist.
And last but not least, we've finally selected our new chara designer, Kenta - here's one of his sample images that had won our vote
Oh my, :| Are you guys particular about who you would allow to help work on Scelta? I think it's an excellent project and I would love for it to be completed sometimes soon, please keep up the good work.

Novinha
Regular

#40 Post by Novinha »

Update:
February had been a slump month with many of the team tied up or even inundated with RL activities - so I don't really have much to report for now, hopefully we can kickstart everything back to normal by this month ^_^;
Midnighticequeen wrote:That's an awesome picture, he's certainty a talented artist.
And last but not least, we've finally selected our new chara designer, Kenta - here's one of his sample images that had won our vote
Oh my, :| Are you guys particular about who you would allow to help work on Scelta? I think it's an excellent project and I would love for it to be completed sometimes soon, please keep up the good work.
Midnighticequeen:
Actually, we are in still desperate need of even more members ( Our attrition last month includes our former lead illustrator and a prospective scriptwriter :( ) - hence this promotional/recruitment thread ^_^; If you or anyone else here would like to participate we'd love to hear from you - feel free to PM me or directly visit our development forum at http://vnproject.freeforums.org :)

Azure:
No, it's the .mp3 bug PyTom pointed early in this thread - we haven't gotten around to fixing it yet ^_^; I'll see if Development Cycle 2 result can include a creak-free music along with voice acting, especially since Ellie will start recording her voice for Anna soon.

IceD
Veteran

#41 Post by IceD »

Novinha wrote:No, it's the .mp3 bug PyTom pointed early in this thread - we haven't gotten around to fixing it yet ^_^; I'll see if Development Cycle 2 result can include a creak-free music along with voice acting, especially since Ellie will start recording her voice for Anna soon.
Use ogg, it's much better than mp3. If you're looking for a nice tool for audio/movie file conversion, try Super (http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html). It's a free and very powerful program.

Nice project! Hope we'll be able to see finished work soon :)

Novinha
Regular

#42 Post by Novinha »

March left me with the conclusion that we should keep our lead illustrators on a very short leash ^_^; Between Indonesia's general election that tied people up in various campaign activities and the string of long vacations people use to pay visit to their extended family, the progress has been quite slow - but as it turned out we also uncovered a gem within our crew! Hinagi, an otherwise normal high school girl who still likes to sleep with a big plushie (don't tell her I said that), is revealed to be an excellent colorist - see what she's done with Mao's house background below :)

Ellie has also contributed excellent character lines for Anna's earlier scenes, we're now in the process of sorting them out and is planning to record the male voices to retrofit our demo. Plus, we're also now working on Feather in the Breeze, an open short VN project that also serves as Scelta's prequel - check it out!

Yep, that's a lot of things to work on, but we're confident we'll eventually get them done - please don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested in participating! :)

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#43 Post by Midnighticequeen »

It looks wonderful! :D

Novinha
Regular

#44 Post by Novinha »

While waiting for our lead illustrators, I attempted to prototype Scelta's leading ladies using K.H.Mix's doll maker (which you can get at http://khmix.sakura.ne.jp/download.shtml)... Here's the result :)

Anna:
Blond hair, blue eyes.

Hair: High Class
Hair2: Braided
Head: Normal
Exp: Annoyed
Eyes: Eye1
Body: Sun Dress 5

Chiara:
Red hair, green eyes.

Hair: Cut
Hair2: Jagged
Exp: Fang
Eyes: Eye1
Body: Blazer 2

Carlotta:
Brown hair, green eyes.

Hair: Wavy
Hair2: Wavy long
Exp: Happy
Eyes: Eye194
Body: Shirt and Skirt2

Judith
Blue hair, blue eyes.

Hair: Parted
Hair2: Long Tied
Exp: Content
Body: Normal Clothes 3

Shoko:
White hair, grey eyes

Hair: Large Bump
Hair2: Wavy Sholder Length
Exp: Shy
Body: Nun Costume

Enjoy - in case you have your own interpretation or preference of the girls, feel free to post them here :)

P.S: This does not reflect my illustration style; that you can see at http://johnfernando.deviantart.com ^_^;

P.P.S: The doll program seems to be, unfortunately (perhaps except to Samu-kun?), limited for creating moe-style young girls only.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#45 Post by Samu-kun »

That loli generator's getting pretty popular. Although it does look a little bit too chibi to be used in most visual novels...