The Carmichael Manor [otome][GXB][mystery][murder]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

The Carmichael Manor [otome][GXB][mystery][murder]

#1 Post by TalrixTrinity »

The Carmichael Manor is set in modern times and is going to be a mix of Mystery, Murder, and Romance.

You play as Victoria (Name changeable upon play), a young law student. Your brother got the two of you tickets for a Three day, Three night Murder Mystery Getaway at Carmichael Manor, and event that has been hosted by the Jones' Family for the last 15 years. The game starts out just fine until real murders start happening. Stuck in the manor as the attacks continue, Victoria vows to find the culprit but it's easier said than done when everyone's a target; including herself.

Since this is my first game I'm going to take it a bit simple. There are only four routes to take and each had their own romanceable Character. A warning ahead of time, two of the routes gets very...sexual, so there will be an option to read it or not.

CHARACTERS

VICTORIA RUSH
Height 5'8'

Studying to be a lawyer, Victoria agreed to take a break from school to enjoy her birthday with her brother on a murder mystery weekend. She was looking for a little vacation, not real murder; and definitely not romance, either.

VICTOR RUSH
Height: 6'2'
Taking care of his sister since the death of their parents 8 years ago, Victor is a professional chef at a resort in Florida and is very protective when it comes to his sister. When the murders begin he'd rather his sister not get involved but has to succumb to her urges to help.

SEBASTIAN HAURFIELD
Height: 6'2'

This dark haired, blue eyed cop (half-asian) has been friends with Chris Jones since elementary school and has been lending a hand with the performances at Carmichael Manor since Chris' parents created the Weekend Events 15 years ago.
DISLIKES: Smoking Alcohol, Children, and Criminals

AIDEN HILL
Height: 5'10'

Red hair, green eyes, this teen does not want to be at Carmichael Manor but his parents dragged him along for winter break. Always seen with headphones.
DISLIKES: TEXAS, Step-Mother, Country(anything), fire, and show-offs.

TRAVIS MARELD
Height: 6'1'

Dark Hair, grey eyes, Travis was dragged here by childhood friend and cousin, Lucas, while visiting family on vacation. He would rather be at home again, working. A workaholic

LIKES: Fantasy/scyfy, Novels, science, opera(secret) Traveling, Silence
DISLIKES: Pets, Pictures/Photos/Videos, Planes

LUCAS PAIGE
Height: 6'0'

Blond hair, grey eyes, cousin of Travis, was the one with the manor idea and dragged his cousin along with him; his smile hides something.

DISLIKES: Exercise, Pollen, Sports. Anything Physical.

The Game will start off with a Prologue and introduce you to the characters and then you will be given an option to go with one of the Four Characters above. Each Route has 10 chapters to it and then an Epilogue.

Unfortunately I'm not much of an artist so I'm trying to find someone who wants to help and work with me; other writers too.

Does this idea interest anyone? Some feedback will be much appreciated!
If you don't struggle you don't improve.

celinarose
Projects: Dire Love: Eaten Alive, The Prince's Choice, Signs of Illusion
Tumblr: acelinarose

Re: The Carmichael Manor [otome][GXB][mystery][murder]

#2 Post by celinarose »

The "murder mystery party turned actual murder" trope is used quite a lot, although I'll admit I've personally never seen it in a VN. It does sound interesting, given that all the suspects are romanceable characters. I wonder how you'll justify the actual killer's route? Or will that be different depending on whose route you're on, such that the love interest is never the killer?

TalrixTrinity
Regular

#3 Post by TalrixTrinity »

I have an idea in my head about the killer and I'm going to use it but things can always change as the writing progresses. Every route will be similar but different in several ways, like it's not the same people who die in each route and you'll be investigating different areas of the Manor.

celinarose
Projects: Dire Love: Eaten Alive, The Prince's Choice, Signs of Illusion
Tumblr: acelinarose

#4 Post by celinarose »

I'll definitely be looking forward to this in case you do make it. If you need help with the writing/story I'll be glad to assist. Good luck!

TalrixTrinity
Regular

#5 Post by TalrixTrinity »

celinarose wrote:I'll definitely be looking forward to this in case you do make it. If you need help with the writing/story I'll be glad to assist. Good luck!
Really? That makes me so happy! I have a rought outline of what I want to happen so if you want to hear it and see if it interests you then send me a PM :3 I'm happy a few people are interested!!!