Wallflower Bloom [GxB][Slice of Life][Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lazzyassloth

Wallflower Bloom [GxB][Slice of Life][Romance]

#1 Post by lazzyassloth »

Late Bloomers First Love
of the girl, by the girl, for the girl
This game is directed to girls, there will be 5 guy that you can date, while you could also maintaining more than one relationship. This still an idea, I don’t have any clear plot how this going to be. The girl protagonist is semi-shut-in and misanthropist, she just about going to college and learn how society works. The background would set in my native country, Indonesia. Most of OELVN are set in Japanese, America, Medieval or something. I also wanted to make a daily slice of life base of my country! (Although that not necessarily would be a good representation of most people in my country, just like how VN also differ from the reality in Japan) After all this is only a fiction works.

Genre: Slice of Life, Romance, Angst
The game will be FREE and it will be distributed via itch.io and possibly Google Play Store.

The Story

Premise: I wish I could just disappear…
Ani is a second year in college, she got into chemistry department. She likes shoujo manga and dramas, basically she had no life and friends since most of time she spends in the internet. Sure, she still doing her studies. But that’s it. She has no interest to engage with real people. She shuts herself from the world. She trying to change herself, just like a character that in the manga. The results, you don’t have to ask. She failed and only tired herself out. Along the way she meets people, it was inevitable that human bounds to be social being and meet more people.

The main theme for this game is motivation. Rather than having "good" and "bad" endings, it is a matter if you ended up with someone or alone, you decide whether you want to pursue love or not. Do you want to change yourself or not? The purpose is to boost someone confidence and courage to face the obstacle of being a part in the society. I don’t know if I can make this game a good support, as in fact real life isn’t a fiction, but I am trying my best to spread positive intentions.

The Characters
Ani (17): College student, a loner. Living her life as a dead fish in a flowing stream. Never fond of studying, but she has a huge curiosity about anything even in trivial matters. Her hobby is drawing but she hide her online personality in real life, for her being a weeb and drama lovers is an aib. She is scared of society judgement and how people perceive her to be.

Character candidate list:
Dwi Mahardika(18): She is Ani friend who like to talks and criticize everything that happened in the world. Be it politics, recent issue, research in organic chemistry, not only that she also take interest in western culture and asian. She also know a lot of words which is sounds complicated and sophisticated. In summary, she is a radical girl who looking for a genuine truth and philosophy of life. Your sanity will be tested if you talk to her.

Dhea(18): BL lovers you will find camouflage in our daily life perfectly. She is a fun person to talk to, she is outgoing and a person with no worry. Sometimes you find an envy of her cause she seems happy all the time. The only thing that make her distinct against everyone else, she rarely took a bath despite being a girl and all.

*not pursuable*Rifa’i(18): A person who looks like a bule despite being a legal 100% Indonesian, he is your old classmate in elementary school. It might sounds pathetic, but he is the one who you had crush for the longest time you remember. In fact, you might still in love with him.

*Locked*Fauzan(20): a mysterious students you run by somehow.

Kuranji(17): He is someone you can called she, his action and face doesn’t match which make it sometime funnier. He loves to dance traditional dance. But don’t get it wrong, regardless he is has a straight orientation. It just he sometimes being coquettish than average guys out there. Despite being in chemistry department he only found out that he is color blind. And you found yourself more comfortable with him rather than grouping with a bunch of girls who likes to gossips around.

Sigit(): An underclassmen that eccentric and have a great vision which needed to gain success. He has a thing for anime and japanese culture, maybe he is one of people who we called otakus. You are speechless finding him to be some flirtatious boy.

Diego(19):Go diego, go. Nope this isn't dora the explorer. Your childhood friend, you reunite with him again. He is a year older since he is failed to take his first chance of SBMPTN exam. He is your refreshing innocent sport lovers characters. You get to know him by doing an SC classes. You also would get shocked that he is majoring consumer and family science.

Ari(20): Your department circle(?) leader, has a stoic expression and misleading remarks which would make you sometimes find it hard to know what he is thinking. He is dependable and have high responsibility. He is very timid when you get to know him more. But behind all those expressionless face there is a lot of story he never told anyone. Can you be able to touch his heart?

Art Progress Preview

Okay that's still an idea, and since this tagline project is of the girl, by the girl, for the girl. I want you to take some survey, which is well it doesn't hurt to fill one. It is free. And who knows if your story will be included in this visual novel. After all these character still a concept except the protagonist, oh, I know the protagonist is the most lame character out of all of them.

Visual Novel Survey

Please kindly fill this survey, I am sorry if it was a hassle to explain. But I will read every single response that I got! I want to know what kind of guy that you’d like to date in real life? Although I knew that sometimes we could fall in love with someone that out from our preference. Tell me about it! You can also tell me your fantasy, if that makes sense(?)

Boy also welcomed!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

PM me if I have to remove or add some questions!

*Disclaimer*
I know my English is terrible, I never had any problem using it for conversations. But because this will be a story, well players also expect a beautiful sentence don't they? I will probably find someone who would like to co-write with me or proofread my English. I'm only doing the concept, art, and codes.

Since this is my very first project, I will keep the story simple.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Wallflower Bloom [GxB][Slice of Life][Romance]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

lazzyassloth wrote:The main theme for this game is motivation. Rather than having "good" and "bad" endings, it is a matter if you ended up with someone or alone, you decide whether you want to pursue love or not. Do you want to change yourself or not? The purpose is to boost someone confidence and courage to face the obstacle of being a part in the society.
I like this idea. It seems interesting to focus on the protagonist's efforts to better herself, and what it will take for her to become a more social person.
lazzyassloth wrote:The background would set in my native country, Indonesia... I also wanted to make a daily slice of life base of my country! (Although that not necessarily would be a good representation of most people in my country, just like how VN also differ from the reality in Japan) After all this is only a fiction works.
I'm interested. Through fiction, I've often learned about different nations, cultures, world history, and so on. This is something which I enjoy. I want to know what other people experience -- find out what I have in common with others, and what I can learn from differences.

I am not an expert regarding realism in fiction. Search the web instead to learn about this subject. That said, in my opinion, a story does not need to be relentlessly morose in order to be realistic. Likewise, I think that if a story includes science fiction, fantasy, and supernatural elements, it can still seem plausible.

Too much of my pop culture entertainment has been limited to works which originated from only four or five nations. I'm embarrassed to realize how few things I've experienced which originated in South America, or about two-thirds of Europe, and so on. Because of this, I think that my understanding of the world is rather limited.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Wallflower Bloom [GxB][Slice of Life][Romance]

#3 Post by Zelan »

Ani is very pretty. c: I like the way that you drew her hair.

I like the fact that you are setting the game in your home country. There have been more developers doing that recently - the team developing Golden Hour is setting their story in a fictional place with a blend of elements from both Japan and the Philippines.