Possessed[VN][GXB][Horror|Romance][Free Game]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Possessed[VN][GXB][Horror|Romance][Free Game]

#1 Post by Scribbles »

Post has been moved to WIP! View it HERE
Last edited by Scribbles on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image - Image -Image

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Possessed[VN][GXB][Horror|Romance][Free Game]

#2 Post by fleet »

Questions:
is the concept interesting?
Yes.

how much do you expect from a free game in terms of content?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I would hope for at least thirty minutes or more of gameplay to see all endings.

Should I provide more or less information on the plot?
I think you've provided sufficient information.

What art style do you think would compliment this story? Anime/realistic/cartoon/ anything specific?
No opinion.

Game mechanics or features you'd like to see in this game?
I like mini-games, you might include one. Note that some people don't like mini-games.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Scribbles »

fleet wrote: how much do you expect from a free game in terms of content?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I would hope for at least thirty minutes or more of gameplay to see all endings.
Pretty much what you said, how long, how fancy, and so on.

All endings will be available, it will be a complete stand-alone game, it just takes place in the same setting/world as the other larger game. (which will involve different characters and so on)

thanks for your feedback :)
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Scribbles »

changed the OP a bit, still nothing much to show right now though.
Image - Image -Image

quinnsea
Regular
Completed: Birch Sapling
Projects: Aspen, Baleen
Organization: Koimarina Games
IRC Nick: quinnsea
Tumblr: bonnievoyage
Soundcloud: nishiikigoi
itch: koimarina

#5 Post by quinnsea »

Scribbles wrote:Is the concept interesting?
I like it a lot! This is getting me to start peeping at Pinewood Island, and if it's gonna be anything like it I'm pretty excited.
Scribbles wrote:How much do you expect from a free game in terms of content? Such as word count?
In terms of word count? I don't expect too much. I don't really expect a lot from free games in general, though. At most 50k, but that's just looking at the higher end of things.
Scribbles wrote:Should I provide more or less information on the plot?
If you want this to be a mystery, you should definitely keep things vague. I'd like it if you share a little bit more, but not so much where I feel like I'll know exactly how everything will pan out.
Scribbles wrote:What art style do you think would complement this story? Anime/realistic/cartoon/anything specific?
I'm thinking of somewhere between The Yawhg and Darkest Dungeon in terms of how cartoonish it'd be? Sorry, I can't really think of much of any adjectives for it.
Scribbles wrote:Game mechanics or features you'd like to see in this game?
I feel like it might be interesting if the color palette changed with how much Lucy strays from her humanity if that makes sense? Personally, I prefer it when the game gives me hints towards what kind of ending I'm leaning towards but not making it incredibly obvious.

I wouldn't add too many extra things though, especially if this is a solo project. So far, so good!
ImageImage

quinn / 26 / qa analyst, game design hobbyist
icon by church

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Scribbles »

quinnsea wrote:
Scribbles wrote:Is the concept interesting?
I like it a lot! This is getting me to start peeping at Pinewood Island, and if it's gonna be anything like it I'm pretty excited.
Scribbles wrote:How much do you expect from a free game in terms of content? Such as word count?
In terms of word count? I don't expect too much. I don't really expect a lot from free games in general, though. At most 50k, but that's just looking at the higher end of things.
Scribbles wrote:Should I provide more or less information on the plot?
If you want this to be a mystery, you should definitely keep things vague. I'd like it if you share a little bit more, but not so much where I feel like I'll know exactly how everything will pan out.
Scribbles wrote:What art style do you think would complement this story? Anime/realistic/cartoon/anything specific?
I'm thinking of somewhere between The Yawhg and Darkest Dungeon in terms of how cartoonish it'd be? Sorry, I can't really think of much of any adjectives for it.
Scribbles wrote:Game mechanics or features you'd like to see in this game?
I feel like it might be interesting if the color palette changed with how much Lucy strays from her humanity if that makes sense? Personally, I prefer it when the game gives me hints towards what kind of ending I'm leaning towards but not making it incredibly obvious.

I wouldn't add too many extra things though, especially if this is a solo project. So far, so good!
thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping to start commissioning art for it in a few months, and the script is coming along. As far as Lucy's appearance changing based on how the choices change her, that is something I've already decided to put into the game just not 100% sure on the details of how I'll go about it. Probably something I'll need to talk to the future artist about lol
Image - Image -Image