If- otome game. Bday game- Journey/dead

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Negyolk

If- otome game. Bday game- Journey/dead

#1 Post by Negyolk »

ImageINFO
So, I'm just making a game for my friend bday gift, it gonna take a while. I need a bit help guiding myself and input of this game. It's a personal project for a friend bday, not sure if I'm gonna post to the public. Less confident to do so. I'm praying my friend won't be in here. Slaps luci away if she is reading this. I am planning to make bg purchases and music pieces too. The story in tales my friend as a highschool student that encounters two foxes which she can romance. Planning at least 3 cgs for the of them and just gonna have 2 bgs. Its short since it consuming my pocket money and my time.

Luci is an average student that attends a festival with her friends one day and ends up lost in the butterfly forest. Shes ends u[ slipping down a hill and wakes in a different area where her friends were. Scared, she calls out into the forest and see two figures which are Zen and Aku. They joke around and hit it off and send her off back to her own world. After that day, Luci would go back, visiting and showing them things from her world. They will disappear when luci touches them and she will lose her memories after they fall in love.

CGS, sprites, coding and story (maybe bgs) will be done by me. I will upload them sometime.

ImageSPRITES WIPS
ImageCG WIPS
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageGUI STUFFS
ImageCHARACTERS SKETCHES
sdfsdffdsfsdf;;.png
sdfsdffdsfsdf;;.png
uguugugugug.png
popopopo.png
Last edited by Negyolk on Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 am, edited 13 times in total.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: If- otome game. Really short game friend bday input

#2 Post by AsHLeX »

Your artwork is really good!! It's up to you whether you want to post to the public, but in my opinion, the story looks really interesting and I can see that the art is going to be amazing already so I would definitely play it if you released it to the public ^_^
I've made a visual novel for a friend's birthday before - it's a pretty unique gift, I'm sure your friend will like it.
Good luck and all the best!!!
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Negyolk

#3 Post by Negyolk »

ImageCHARACTER INFORMATION - INFORMAL NAMES SO FAR-
AKU

ZEN
NEG

SUMI

WEI

OKAMI

LUCI
Last edited by Negyolk on Thu May 11, 2017 1:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

AsHLeX wrote:Your artwork is really good!! It's up to you whether you want to post to the public, but in my opinion, the story looks really interesting and I can see that the art is going to be amazing already so I would definitely play it if you released it to the public ^_^
I've made a visual novel for a friend's birthday before - it's a pretty unique gift, I'm sure your friend will like it.
This is pretty much exactly what I thought looking at this. I especially love those butterflies, they're gorgeous. ^_^

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory

#5 Post by AsHLeX »

That's really sweet :)
Feel free to ask any questions! The people here are really supportive; I'm sure someone will be able to answer it for you :)
I just realised why I thought the art style looked familiar. It reminded me of Lamento ^_^" (Have you heard of it? It's a BL game by Nitro+Chiral)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Negyolk

#6 Post by Negyolk »

AsHLeX wrote:Your artwork is really good!! It's up to you whether you want to post to the public, but in my opinion, the story looks really interesting and I can see that the art is going to be amazing already so I would definitely play it if you released it to the public ^_^
I might have some beta testers though, so you might have a chance to play it even if I dont release it to da public. We had a promise a while back that I'll do an otome game for her present and she'll do a bl game for mine. HAaaaha, using our friends as the characters so the design were from my friends. Im thinking of updating the thread today with their sprites, depending how tired I am from work. I also got a singer of mine to sing the opening credit for the game. I'm just going all out for her :'D We'll see if my art stacks up. I'll might have a few questions about the game process. There definitely be a lot more indepth post later.

The sprite still needs work (front view, there will be a side view maybe), updating on my progress. I've been working too much at my job -- not much time to work on it. I am also making icons sets for each boy. It's not known but there's actually a third fox. Its me..! It's a white hair fox boy named negu..
Last edited by Negyolk on Wed May 10, 2017 10:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by AsHLeX »

Love it! <3 <3
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Negyolk

#8 Post by Negyolk »

Worked on a another sprite- negu. just need a few worked on sprites before cleaning them up :D I want to redo the logo- Will redo it sometime later
Last edited by Negyolk on Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Negyolk

#9 Post by Negyolk »

AsHLeX wrote:That's really sweet :)
Feel free to ask any questions! The people here are really supportive; I'm sure someone will be able to answer it for you :)
I just realised why I thought the art style looked familiar. It reminded me of Lamento ^_^" (Have you heard of it? It's a BL game by Nitro+Chiral)
I haven't played but heard the opening song for it. Its lovely. Having the art you remind you of lamento is quite a comment for me as the art is amazing in it.

Negyolk

#10 Post by Negyolk »

Zelan wrote:
This is pretty much exactly what I thought looking at this. I especially love those butterflies, they're gorgeous. ^_^
I like butterflies- Thank you for commenting here. I am hoping to get a beautiful bg full of butterflies sometime. I am looking through some of the bg artists here. :wink: Save up money to get some decent bgs I hope!

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#11 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

Your artwork is so amazing! I would definitely check out your game if you released it to the public. :)

Negyolk

#12 Post by Negyolk »

kistnerelizabeth wrote:Your artwork is so amazing! I would definitely check out your game if you released it to the public. :)
Thank you! I still have lots of sprite work but I spreading my time on things- Still quite busy with work. I just sketch an idea for a cg for negu (I actually have the sketch for zen too) after returning home from work. I'll be working more on refining aku and drawing a fox sprite later- There's still chance for betas tester but that will be a while. I will delete images as I go on approving them slowly-

Negyolk

#13 Post by Negyolk »

I am slowly updating. Slowing working on it- My four sprite character is okami/kitsune (not sure which to pick) and the idea for zen. I did a small updates to some pics upwards. Thanks for whomever tuning in my progress. Slow progress- Was able to get into one contact from a friend that will make the last fox. She will help me with the cgs a bit. Tears, bless u friend

Last edited by Negyolk on Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

semide
Regular
Organization: Di-ferrero
Deviantart: seimide-chan

#14 Post by semide »

Your friends super lucky ! You probably know I like your art I've always wanted to see more of it!

Negyolk

#15 Post by Negyolk »

semide wrote:Your friends super lucky ! You probably know I like your art I've always wanted to see more of it!
shh, ur make me lucky to have a dear friend like u. :oops: :oops: I like ur arts too. Stalk the games u sprite in now :^) I won't be posting any updates. I just be doin a in n out editing of this thread. Ninja-ing around 8) Ye-- I finally got a fox from my friend wei. Gonna hide in my blanket now and talk to sumi about cgs and other items. It's gonna be a full scale production with me in the lead for luci bday-- Already dead.. Sumi probs dead. She's really nice, she helping with with cgs for free. Goodwill. I have final; say so I tend to remake things. All in the name for idk why I'm torturing myself tbh. Lays on sei. That odd number was getting to me lulz.