Hi guys! I have finally decided to post the visual novel I’ve been working on on and off for the past month, because I think I’ve come to a point where I’m dedicated to the project enough to move forward with it and share it with the public. I plan to develop this game by myself, and I know it is a daunting task, but I see it as a challenge to push my art and storytelling skills. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you for looking!
Alistair is a young assassin just beginning to make a name for himself in the industry. He cares only for gold and moves from kingdom to kingdom in hopes of finding a high paying job. However, his generally carefree spirit has been broken by a sudden chain of haunting dreams from his childhood involving a strange boy he met 11 years ago. Unable to sleep properly and burdened with a sense of guilt, he decides to head to the Kingdom of Cygnias, where he was born and raised, in hopes of finding some answers.
Coincidentally, he arrives the day after the suspicious death of King Cygnias, and the entire kingdom is in chaos. On the first night of his visit, Alistair is approached by a strange masked man, who offers him a substantial amount of gold to assassinate the crown prince, who was to have his coronation ceremony the following day. He warns Alistair however, that if he was to fail, there would be hell to pay. Believing it to be an easy moneymaking opportunity, Alistair agrees without hesitation. However, he soon realizes that the assassination would be a lot more complicated when he lays eyes on the Prince, for the Prince bore a striking resemblance to the boy who had haunted Alistair’s dreams for the past month.
VARIOUS ART AND WIP
6 Potential romantic interests
18+ endings (1 true ending, 1 polyamorous ending, and 1 joke ending)
Story: 80% written (5/6 chapters)
Character Sprites: 50%
Music and sound effects: 0%
1. Do you find the premises interesting/appealing?
2. Do you have a certain character which interests you more than the others?
3. Is the protagonist (Alistair) a character you would enjoy playing?
4. Do you have any expectations for the game?
5. The game will revolve around a mystery you have to solve. Certain clues (both visual and written) will be dispersed throughout the gameplay for you to find. My main question is - would you prefer to haven prominent written clues be italicized/bolded, and visual clues to be more obvious so the mystery will be easier to solve? This may help you to focus more on building relationships with other characters, but it takes away some of the challenge in solving the mystery.
If you have any other questions/comments/suggestions, please feel free to ask!