All That Glitters [otome][GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

All That Glitters [otome][GxB]

#1 Post by Evy »

Lucky has no love for her name.

She is always at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and has developed a nasty reputation as a thief that has resulted in her being chased out of every town she's been in. But Lucky has never stolen a thing in her life; still, she has nothing to prove her innocence, and nothing to her name, either.

As she makes her way through the woods after being run out of yet another town, a storm breaks out and she injures herself. When all hope seems lost, she chances upon a lodge hidden amidst the trees. Taking a chance, she enters to warm herself up, eat some food, and get some rest...

... Until she wakes up to the sight of three young men staring down at her.

All That Glitters is an otome based on the premise of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, including elements from earlier renditions of the tale and branching off from there.

CHARACTERS

LUCKY
The considerably unlucky protagonist. She's been on her own for as long as she can remember and has spent years being treated as an outsider by all due to her apparent poor sense of timing. Lucky's not even sure why she bothers trying to stay alive, and she can be quite cynical... but it seems she can't help a part of herself from hoping for a better future.

ARWYN
A young man from the northern lands. Tall and imposing, Arwyn can be quite territorial and defensive, and doesn't take too kindly to Lucky entering the lodge. However, he starts changing his mind once he sees her injuries. He's kind of a sourpuss, but he secretly really cares. He is multi-talented, and excels both at hunting and first aid.

SENECA
A young man from the western lands. Seneca is decidedly the most outgoing one of the trio, and shows no shyness as he approaches others with a friendly demeanor. He readily accepts to help Lucky, although he has his own share of suspicions. Despite his affable attitude, he seems to conceal a certain sense of sadness.

LONÁN
A young man from the northwestern lands. Lonán is the more diminutive member of the group, and will often opt for staying quiet behind his friends. He is a sweet boy, but he is also quite socially awkward - in fact, he has little to no experience with interacting with women, and can often come off as skeevy due to his ignorance.

THE FOX
Wait, who let this thing in here??

???
Mysterious.

PLANNED CONTENTS
  • 4 love interests, each with their own route.
  • Hopefully between 1 to 3 hours per route.
  • Some suggestive themes, mild language and a bit of violence.
  • What else? WHO KNOWS.
I intend to do as much work as possible on my own. Music and SFX will be royalty-free CC. I might need to commission someone for the logo and GUI later, but otherwise, it'll be on me to do everything.
Although I came up with this after Meet Me At Sea, I intend to complete and release this first, given the very ambitious scope of the MMAS project. I'd like to use this as practice, more than anything. The common route is maybe about halfway done and I have the larger points of each route outlined, and I've started on character sprites as well as hunting for audio elements.

This post will be edited as things progress. Questions will be up later. Until then... cue Smashmouth's Allstar

celinarose
Projects: Dire Love: Eaten Alive, The Prince's Choice, Signs of Illusion
Tumblr: acelinarose

Re: All That Glitters [otome][GxB]

#2 Post by celinarose »

This seems like an interesting project. Good luck!

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

Re: All That Glitters [otome][GxB]

#3 Post by Evy »

I thought I had posted this already but I guess not?

Progress on Lucky's sprite. I came close to having to scrap it and redraw it from scratch because of bad proportions being noticed only way later, but I managed to salvage it at least a little by making the body a bit bigger, though her head is still huge.

The boys' sprites have been sketched for a while; this crop only shows their upper bodies, but the full thing goes down to their knees.

What's written of the script has been coded into Ren'Py already, and will be edited as I finish more assets to add in; right now it's just text and some sound effects here and there. Progress has been slow otherwise...