Grim [UPDATE: 1/17/09 Sketches Up!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Grim - mystery VN

#16 Post by JQuartz »

x__sinister wrote:I added a short list of features that I've planned to include in the game. This includes:
- interrogations
- clickable clues
- updated journal
- 3 endings
- 1 secret ending
Doesn't seem to hard to code but when do you think you want me to start coding? Currently my legs are broken so I can't go anywhere and have a lot of time on my hands. But once my legs heal, I won't have that much time on my hands anymore. So coding that is done then might be a bit slow.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#17 Post by x__sinister »

OK, so since that's the case, I'll start finishing the 'script' and leave out the endings that need to be redone. I can snag some free sprites and photos for you to use as a visual guide, so you know everything's the way it should be.

I'll PM you later about some specifics. Or maybe I'll make one of those free forums so we don't have to worry about PMing each other, or spamming this board. (:
A literate roleplaying community.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#18 Post by JQuartz »

Yeah, the coding will start soon. I got something to do again.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

x__sinister
Regular

Re: Grim [UPDATE: 1/17/09 Sketches Up!]

#19 Post by x__sinister »

Update!

The old character artist was too busy to take on our project. But, fortunately enough, I've found a new one! Thanks to feralkat, we now have some sketches for our characters. These are still the first draft, so the next time you see them, there might be a few changes.

I feel so motivated, now! [dances around]

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by JQuartz »

Yeah more faster progress. Happy happy.

x__sinister
Regular

#21 Post by x__sinister »

Update

Well, I've been sick. ): Ear infections suck.
I took my SAT yesterday, and that was horrific, too.
Can anyone figure out:

(y-x) to the power of yx / K
When K = 2 times the square root of 3.57 bah-jillion and x = 4! ?

I made that up, but seriously?
Is that algebra II? Not the way I learned it.

Anyway.
Allen's Sprites are completely colored, but they're on my laptop, so no lookie. ):
Natalia's are almost done. I just have to color them. (:
Next will be Pierre, I think.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by JQuartz »

Good to see you connected again. Yeah ear infections suck. Oh and the question you posted cannot be answered because no value for y. Get 100% well soon.

sinister

#23 Post by sinister »

if you have no value for y, we just leave it in the equation, and label it as unsolvable. Or, we have to use the others to move the equation around so y = (whatever). It's a pain in the ass. ):

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by JQuartz »

Oh, I see.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by JQuartz »

Eh, x_sinister, did the site you ask me to go to check for scripts had closed down? These few days I only got the message 'This address is not found' when I tried to access the site. Did it happen for you as well?

x__sinister
Regular

#26 Post by x__sinister »

The forum?
It's not working, for some reason. I don't know why. ):

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by JQuartz »

x__sinister wrote:It's not working, for some reason. I don't know why. ):
Maybe because you didn't pay the bills, heh heh heh. Anyway do you have any script you need me to code?

x__sinister
Regular

#28 Post by x__sinister »

Still working on it. (:

And, that forum is a cheapy free one!
Poopieheads.

feralkat

#29 Post by feralkat »

Hey! The forum is down! D: I finished Pierre and he's ready to be colored. I'll work on Simon next. :D

I'll meet you on AIM soon so I can give you the files.

x__sinister
Regular

#30 Post by x__sinister »

So, after another sort-of hiatus, I've realized that something from the story was missing.
The supporting characters were barely supportive, and the plot was really lacking something important.
With that said, I'm rewriting the entire thing!

I seem to have lost my artist along the way, who has completed half of the characters.
That's really sad, because she seemed into the project. But, I suppose that's what I get for disappearing like I did.

The sketches will continue to stay up (as concepts) unless the artist asks otherwise.