Need artists for VN in progress

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
undertone

Need artists for VN in progress

#1 Post by undertone »

Yep.
I'm doing a mystery/drama/horror vn and I need some people to draw. If there is one thing I cannot do, it is draw. I can give the description of one of the characters as a test. You get credits and all the stuff, cause I'm poor (I work at Hollister and if they do one thing its pay minimum wage).. So yeah, that is it for right now.

HITAGAWA (Lol generic Japanese name)
He's a cop, but is not wearing cop clothes.
For this test, he will be looking like the following:
Brown hair, spiked, covering his forehead.
Green eyes, not too big
Shirt is a jean jacket over a white button tee
Pants are bluejeans
Shoes are whatever
Not too skinny but not fat either
About 27 y.o.

EDIT: Put a gun in his hand and use that two handed gun in the air pose. I'm sure you get what i'm getting at
Get to it!

Another Edit!
Lets see...
Need a generic happy face, generic WHAT?! face, generic angry face, generic face, and a generic AHHH!!!!! face.
Lol Generics
Now for the plot, or what should suffice.
Basically some foreigner gets caught up in a game of kill the target. He is the target. The cop (Hitagawa) is helping him. If I were to give an example I would say Higurashi + chaos;HEAD + 50 times the WTF moments - Time loop.

Another Edit in the same 5 minutes!
I will be using backgrounds out of copyright free images filtered in PS so all I need is sprites. Why are they called sprites anyway? I thought a sprite was the pixelated things on Gameboy games. Or a soda. yum
Last edited by undertone on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blakjak
Veteran

Re: Need artists for VN in progress

#2 Post by blakjak »

I'm not interested, because I'm already working on another project.

But if I may, you should be more descriptive about the story ( off course without revealing too much ) and the amount ( this is of utmost importance ) of character sprites ( with the number of different emotional states and dresses ), background cg and event cg. This helps the potential candidate to have an estimate of what he/she's gonna have to do, and gives a sense of "seriousness" to your recruitment, because it shows you have your VN layed out already.

Also, what type of work will be demanded from the artist, is it character sprites you need ? Backgrounds ? Both ?

And finally, the number of artists ready to draw stuff for free, at least on this board ( but I'd say everywhere ) is so small that you could hardly refuse someone who is commited to do the work, even if his skills are not that good. Your idea of testing and picking 2 people out of all candidates comes out as a bit off.

Good luck with your VN.

blakjak
Veteran

#3 Post by blakjak »

so you need ust 5 faces ?

It's called sprites from back then, and it applies to modern games also :)

undertone

#4 Post by undertone »

Basically just the basic emotions.

blakjak
Veteran

#5 Post by blakjak »

But I mean in total, not just that character