Spectral hearts

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
umbralshadows
Projects: Spectral Hearts
Tumblr: umbralshadows
Deviantart: umbralshadows

Spectral hearts

#1 Post by umbralshadows »

My lit'le game idea in working (writing) while I help on other commission and projects ta make my art better.

Overview
Go ghost and cryptid hunting while making relationships within your team of paranormal investigators. Find love as you reveal the mysterious forces behind the creepy town.
Player chooses protagonist gender/set of 3 personality type (dialogue will be different on each one)/set of 3 appearances (3 female, 3 male)
5 dateable characters: 2 male, 2 female, 1 nonbinary
Player can date any of the characters no matter what gender
Active dates (take them to date locations, give gifts, try getting closer to them)
Some adventuring (spotting anything supernatural, collecting items needed, more)
Some battles (very lightcore battles but with story purpose)
Focus on the visual novel element
Nonharem, once you make the define choice you will play through that one character's story arc to the end
May be a few hours to complete everything

If ya watch the show Ghost Hunters just imagine that but with date sim an ya got a good understanding of it.

Plot

EIDA is tipped off to a remote town rife with occultic and supernatural activity in order to banish it and collect information about rifts where dangerous entities might filter in. You are Tyde- a crew member of EIDA and the newest recruit. Learn how to set parameters and investigate the weirdness of the eerie, backwater town while winning the affection of your desired team mate.

World

The setting will not be Earth and the cast will be non-human but humanoids

Cast

I have the whole cast but haven't typed down yet

Tyde (pronounce like TIDE) Halburge (HOUL-burrg) (Protagonist)
Age: Determinable by the player (a 19 option, a 24 option, and a 30 option)
Personality: 3 personality sets which are determinable by the player
Appearance: 3 appearances determined by the player

Franoj (pronounce like fruh-NOH) Peth (Pehth)
Likes: Wasabi and anything that packs heat, flipping coins, games of chance and luck, clear summer nights, the desert, fighting (even if he loses), and writing letters to his sister Krecensia
Dislikes: Too much order, depressive situations or persons, the cold, being in a rush or hurry
Personality: Bold, upbeat, clingy, always seeking a thrill, laid back about life, a gambler and believer in fate and luck
Appearance: (soon)
Job: Sound guy, he collects any noise prints and EVPs to analyze

Shei (pronounce like SHAY) Olian'Victrus (OH-lee-ann VIK-truhss)
Dislikes: (soon)
Personality: (soon)
Appearance: (soon)

~~~

1. Wouldya play a game with this premise?

2. How much wouldya pay for a game like this ??

3. What battle system would be preferred? Why?

4. Is there anything ya'd personally add to tha features?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Spectral hearts

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

umbralshadows wrote:Player chooses protagonist gender/set of 3 personality type (dialogue will be different on each one)/set of 3 appearances (3 female, 3 male)
5 dateable characters: 2 male, 2 female, 1 nonbinary
Player can date any of the characters no matter what gender
Active dates (take them to date locations, give gifts, try getting closer to them)
Some adventuring (spotting anything supernatural, collecting items needed, more)
Some battles (very lightcore battles but with story purpose)
The scope of Spectral Hearts seems rather large. Make sure that you're prepared to create all of this gameplay. You *might* benefit by scaling back the complex elements in order to focus on the ones which are the most essential for your project. I say all this in order to encourage you. I'm hoping that this work in progress won't go on infinite hiatus due to feature creep.
umbralshadows wrote:EIDA is tipped off to a remote town rife with occultic and supernatural activity in order to banish it and collect information about rifts where dangerous entities might filter in. You are Tyde- a crew member of EIDA and the newest recruit. Learn how to set parameters and investigate the weirdness of the eerie, backwater town while winning the affection of your desired team mate.
I like this premise. I want to know what sort of organization EIDA is. How do they recruit people? How are they perceived by the public? Are they commercial or nonprofit?