Good Night, Wakaran [dark-ish fantasy] [mystery] [linear]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rukuai
Deviantart: Rukuai

Good Night, Wakaran [dark-ish fantasy] [mystery] [linear]

#1 Post by Rukuai »

Hello, everyone. "Good Night, Wakaran" is the tentative title of this short game I'm making.

The features-
This will be a linear visual novel.
The story's intended to be serious, and a little dark.
It'll have a neutral end, a bad end, and a true end.
All the art will be traditionally-drawn by me, with a little digital clean-up. (Digital drawing's not my strong point.)

The story-
Wakaran wakes up, bedridden, in an unfamiliar room. Diligently watching over him is Rei, his caretaker and apparent owner of the room (and thus house) he's in. Wakaran isn't sure how he got here, or why he can't seem to remember anything prior to waking up. One thing for sure-- something's amiss. There should have been someone other than Rei watching over him, but Rei tells him to rest and recover, just for a night...

The Characters-

Wakaran.
The young main character of this story. He was traveling with someone, but they're not with him right now. He doesn't fully understand what's going on during his stay at Rei's house, but he can sense when the conversation turns awry. In his bedridden state, he can't move around freely. Of course, he can try, but it's better not to move around.
His main concern is recovering his memories.

Rei.
The refined and motherly caregiver that watches over Wakaran while he rests. All information comes from her, as she's the only person who Wakaran can talk to during the story. She seems to care a lot about him, insisting that he stay at her house for a night.
Just don't piss Rei off...

Wakaran's companion.
The person apparently missing from his side. This person's only known through Wakaran's memories.

Progress...
Writing is finished.
Currently drawing sprites.
Coding is in place.
Backgrounds and miscellaneous I haven't touched yet.

Questions...
I would like to know your first impressions about this story... concept... title... thing?
What do you expect out of this?
What do you think about the story and characters so far?
Do you guys have any thoughts, suggestions, comments... leave them here. I appreciate the feedback!

Thank you very much for stopping by.