Datematsu [GxB][Otome VN][Romance][Short]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PencilSlothCreations
Regular
Projects: Datematsu (Short Osomatsu-san VN)
Organization: Pencil Sloth Creations
Tumblr: pencilslothcreations

Datematsu [GxB][Otome VN][Romance][Short]

#1 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Ever wanted to date a Matsu brother?
Well now you can!
You were low on money. You were desperate for a job. But why did it come to this?
After a desperate search for funding due to your abysmally low bank account balance, you came across a flyer that changed your life. “Rental Girlfriends Needed” was written at the top of the flyer. After a brief consultation with your wallet, you took in a deep breath and headed straight for the address indicated at the bottom of the piece of thick parchment. Normalcy lasted for quite a few months. You would go on dates with the clients, charge extra for special requests that weren't part of the session (special requests rated PG-13 e.g. Hand-holding, pet-name calling, forced laughter, etc. and never anything that went over the boundaries listed in the contract They're a very professional business.); it was a rather easy job, though uncomfortable at times, but the money helped your living situation substantially. Most of the time you were just there to give the patron a status boost so they didn't seem completely alone. You were financially comfortable, only working mornings and afternoons, and sometimes the clients were nice. You liked the job, it wasn’t too much work and you were treated on every date. When the time was up, you would smile and walk home. It was nice.

And then they showed up.

Datematsu is a series of short Visual Novels where you're treated to a date with one of six Matsuno brothers. There may only be around 2-3 hours of gameplay, various choices that lead the date into different directions, and just all-round silly fun with boys of incredibly diverse personalities. This Visual Novel is by no means just for fans of the show. There will be an intro scene that explains the general premise of the show and the main characters that will be the stars of the game, so there's no confusion if you aren't a fan. After every visual novel is finished, there will be a poll as to which Matsu you'd like to date next. Once every Matsu gets a turn, there will be a special VN that includes all of them as a thank you to those who took interest in the project and enjoyed it. The visual novels will be entirely free and posted on itch.io, so any money you decide to pay is considered a donation. You by no means have to pay for this game, and if you do, please notify me immediately.

Possible future features:
*Changeable Heroine Name (Hana by default)
*Random Events that influence your ending (Texts and random brother encounters)
*General Story Events that influence your ending
*Two different stat meters (Attraction and Affection)
*9 different endings (One True end; Three neutral ends; Five bad ends)
*Special BG location for each Matsu
*Voiced (?) [Subject to change]

Matsuno Karamatsu Date
  • Current Progress
  • Planning 65%
  • GUI 0%
  • Writing 0%
  • Sprites 35% (Lineart)
  • BGs 30% (3/10)
  • CGs 0%
  • Extras (Visual trailer/Voice acting/Banner/Icon) 10%
Current outfits included: Blue hoodie, Tank-top and shorts, Perfect fashion, Blue jumpsuit
Outfits in progress: Osomatsu-san suit, Bathrobe set
Have any ideas? Please comment below with a picture of the outfit!
Important links:
Twitter (For quick updates) | Tumblr (For higher resolution images and bigger updates)

Would you like to help? Click here!

Yes this game will be voiced. I will be holding auditions offsite at Casting Call Club. When the auditions are open, I will link them here.
Questions:
Heroine sprite? Y/N? If yes, with changing facial features or without?
Voiced heroine? Y/N?
Have you watched Osomatsu-san? If not, would you still be willing to play the game?
Would you like CGs?
Is there anything you're looking forward to?
Any suggestions/concerns/questions?
Last edited by PencilSlothCreations on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 am, edited 25 times in total.

PencilSlothCreations
Regular

Re: Datematsu [GxB][Otome VN][Romance]

#2 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Screenshots of sprite progress for Matsuno Karamatsu:

I will be posting here every now and then when I make more significant progress~

PencilSlothCreations
Regular

Re: Datematsu [GxB][Otome VN][Romance][Short]

#3 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

UPDATE July 1st, 2017
Edited the game synopsis considerably.
Finished outlining for the Jumpsuit outfit.
Currently working on promotional art/possible splash screen art.
Made a separate post regarding recruitment.

PencilSlothCreations
Regular

#4 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Update July 2, 2017
Added a missed outfit to the to-do list.

PencilSlothCreations
Regular

#5 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Update July 4th, 2017
First of all, happy independence day to my fellow Americans! I hope you're all enjoying your festivities and are ready for some fireworks!
Now for my update.

I've finally procured a good BG artist for the game! Huzzah!
Here's a lovely BG for the game made by my good friend Zalkyrion!
She's a budding BG artist and I'm very excited to see her grow~

I've begun the planning for the game as a whole (Summary, character descriptions, number of BGs, etc.) and it's been helping me figure out how much work needs to be done -- I've been using this experience as a learning process on how to go about making VNs, it's been helping substantially.

Until next update--tah tah~

PencilSlothCreations
Regular

#6 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Update July 7th, 2017
Forgive me for being out of commission for the past couple days, an emergency situation had happened recently and I haven't been able to do any work on the game. But everything seems somewhat stable now, so I should be able to do some more work (though it may be a little slower than before).

Now as for my reason for updating, I have some features to list out! They're just ideas and haven't been implemented yet, but I will attempt to do so whenever I begin the writing process for the project.

Sprites still haven't been complete, the heat really does something to a person's motivation haha.

Thank you for reading, until next time!

PencilSlothCreations
Regular

#7 Post by PencilSlothCreations »

Update July 8th, 2017
We've finally got a logo! It's not an amazing piece of work but I did my best haha.

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

#8 Post by skyeworks »

I'm A HUGE FAN OF OSUMATSU! :D I WOULD TOTALLY PLAY THIS !

I usually like them! Mostly because even when you pick out the choices the heroine usually have their own personality. (Example being like "Wolf among us" Bigby, even if you play him as nice, he still comes off as gruff. ) So it's helps to have one with the sprite.

Voiced heroine? Y/N?
This is just my opinion and it might make me the minority. It really doesn't matter to me. I do love the love everything else being voiced though. It might be because when the heroine also does some sort of narrating sometimes so it kinda distracts me. Most people don't describe their surroundings normally. (Now I know it's necessary and I do like reading it but I don't care to hear it.)

Have you watched Osomatsu-san? If not, would you still be willing to play the game?
YES. I AM A KARAMATSU GIRL FOREVER. lol. XD I LOVE THAT THE EXAMPLE PICTURE IS THE BEST MATSU! (My sister likes juushimatsu or Ichimatsu) haha.

Would you like CGs?
I think it would be fitting if the cgs are in the "idol" anime style randomly like in the show.

I have to say Karamatsu route but I have to say I would love it if the SHEESH guy makes an appearance even if that's his only line!

I love the logo and the art so far!

DustyBunny
Projects: Osomatsu-san VN

#9 Post by DustyBunny »

This looks amazing! I'm actually working on an Osomatsu VN of my own!

I don't have a big preference.

Voiced heroine? Y/N?

A little iffy on this. A lot of visual novels don't tend to have voiced protagonists,

I have, and I'm very looking forward to this!

Would you like CGs?

Yes! Preferably in the "muppet" style as opposed to F6 (I love my muppet boys)

The routes and their stories!

All aboard the hype train!
Currently working on an Osomatsu-san fangame!

Awiola

#10 Post by Awiola »

It doesn't really matter. Well, maybe it's a bit irritating when we don't know how Heroine looks but only if there's no CGs. So it only depends on whether you add CGs or not.

Voiced heroine? Y/N?
Only if everything else'll be voiced but it's all up to you.

Of couse, it was great so I hope your game'll be as well.

Would you like CGs?
Yas, always. And like skyeworks said - it'd be nice if some of them would be made in F6 style.

Ichimatsu route! But Karamatsu is good, too.

What about hidden F6 route? They change style and personality so if we made good choices we'd get CG with our sparkling Matsuno. It may be hilarious.
My english is pretty horrible c: Honest Critique