SunRider

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: SunRider

#31 Post by Jake »

If those spacecraft in the back of that shot up there are rendered out using some neat cel-shading renderer, you should keep that one. ;-)

Maybe thin the lines a little (or render at a higher res and resample down), so as to not overpower the characters, but it looks a lot more coherent than the ones below.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#32 Post by monele »

Looking forward to this, big time! :D

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#33 Post by Samu-kun »

Jake wrote:If those spacecraft in the back of that shot up there are rendered out using some neat cel-shading renderer, you should keep that one. ;-)

Maybe thin the lines a little (or render at a higher res and resample down), so as to not overpower the characters, but it looks a lot more coherent than the ones below.
I'm not sure what you mean... Which picture are you referring to?

Jake
Support Hero

#34 Post by Jake »

Samu-kun wrote:Which picture are you referring to?
This one.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#35 Post by Samu-kun »

The hand drawn ships on that picture were kind of a one shot... Sixten just wanted to draw them once. From now on, we'll be using composite pictures with 2D characters and 3D ships to save time.

Jake
Support Hero

#36 Post by Jake »

Samu-kun wrote:hand drawn ships
Man, they're hand-drawn? I'm impressed!

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#37 Post by Samu-kun »

Oh, now I understand what you were talking about. Yes, Sixten's specialty lies in mechanical design after all. That's why he'll be hand drawing all the backgrounds. The only reason why he's not making the ships himself is because he's already busy with everything else he had to do with the project and it will be *insane* to actually hand draw all the ships in all the battles. He'll be drawing well into 2020 if we do that - when manned deep space travel might already be a reality in real life!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by monele »

Maybe he could do the textures for the ship at least? This way, you wouldn't use cel shading (or at least only for shadows) and it would probably look very similar to that one poster :D

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#39 Post by Samu-kun »

***face palm***

I think I overdid it on the 3D renders and blew something up in my laptop.

1) Sometimes the monitor refuses to display anything period and is just green, pink, and black static. Hooked up to an external monitor, it displays everything fine.
2) Sometimes the system comes to an halt, the screen slowly fades to white, all the colours bleed, and blue and red microchip patterns form on the monitor. Nothing works and the only way to escape it is to force a shut down
3) Sometimes the monitor flickers

I'm not sure whether it's a burned out graphics card or a burned out monitor. Case 1 leads to me suspect it's a broken monitor, but I don't understand why that would cause system halts and colour bleeds. Maybe both the monitor and the graphics card are busted?

Anyways, it's time for this laptop to go to the repair station before the warranty expires. Looks like Sixten will be carrying forth on the art department for now, since I'll be restrained to just writing for the immediate future on my desktop. (It's too weak to render anything) Luckily though, I have everything backed up on a flash drive, so what I have up to now is safe at least.

(In good news, new character art is to come soon)

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#40 Post by yummy »

This is called: the Tsukasa Syndrome.
Sometimes, she'd spread some coffee over your laptop, just like that.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#41 Post by Samu-kun »

Mmmmmmm... Come to think of it, I did accidentally spew a bit of water on my laptop two days ago when watching K-On... The lesson: Never ever drink anything while watching moe shows like that again

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#42 Post by sake-bento »

Looking forward to new character designs.

K-ON is a dangerous beast. I've had that ending song stuck in my head for nearly a week now.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Cybeat »

I don't know much about how new animes get uploaded online, but how did K-ON end up on online video sites so fast? I remember seeing it come on TV over here the very first day, and seeing it on youtube the very next day. I thought it takes like a week or two.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#44 Post by Samu-kun »

HC Staff and Sunrider's Landing will be having two concurrent parades for the next couple of weeks. Sixten will be showing off some sexy pictures of the characters and writing about the design process, while I'll be handling the ships. You can check that out at our blogs. (There's nothing there yet though)

Sunrider's Landing
HC Staff

I hijacked by brother's computer and squeezed out all the pictures I'll need for Day 1 of the ship parade. Whew.
Sunrider promo 1.jpg
Sunrider promo 2.jpg
Also, all of the character designs have now been finalized.

From left to right: Kaito, Sora, Asaga, Chigara, Ava, Icari
cast_first_half.jpg
From left to right: Cosette, Claud, Okrun, Admiral Grey, Kris, Veniczar
cast_second_half.jpg
Who are all these people? Find out soon at HC Staff!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#45 Post by LVUER »

Awesome. Though now I get more 'Star Ocean' vibe than SunRider vibe ^_^