Mystique City: The Phoenix Tail [Fantasy/RPG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
CalixtheGreat
Regular
Projects: Zephyr Breeze Investigations
itch: calixthegreat

Mystique City: The Phoenix Tail [Fantasy/RPG]

#1 Post by CalixtheGreat »

A man who suffers from amnesia, unveiled his past by joining The Phoenix Tail.

Due to an incident that causes him an amnesia, France Reinfelt decided to join an unofficial guild in order to help it's members as well as to regain all his memories. Without him knowing, the guild members' past and future are related to the witch who gave him amnesia and the one who stole the celestial orb which is an important heirloom of the Reinfelt. The conflict rises when the witch's planned to revive the dead "Phoenix" using the orb.

Will their missions succeed? The answer is in your hands.

France is the main protagonist of the game as well as the player's character. Involuntarily joined the guild founded by Kyuta and Ygor in order to help them with their missions and also to regain his memories.

Kyuta - one of the few members of the Worra Tribe in Phillin City who were known for their skills in archery, is the founder of The Phoenix Tail guild which was created in order to search and save her brother.

Ygor is the nephew of one of the famous merchants in Mystique City, Flint Fleece. He decided to help Kyuta on her mission after seeing himself in her back when he was a teenager. Behind his scar lies a tragic story from the past.

(Further description will be added soon.)

Mystique City: The Phoenix Tail is the very first installment from the Mystique City series created by me, Calix the Great. Originally, this is supposed to be a manga but after playing some good visual novels, I decided to try and make it into a game.

Already implemented:

-Different poses and expressions for each characters.
-Blinking and mouth movements of each characters.
-Some animated CG Arts.
-Inventory System

Planned to be implemented:

-Short animated clip
-Mini-games for quests
-Multiple endings

I am the only person who made all the graphics, story and the codes (but thanks for my special friend who helps with the character poses and proof reads the story). Hence, the progress of the game's development is a little bit slow.

NOTE: Music used in the game is from Eric Matyas.

S O C I A L M E D I A

Facebook Page

- Is the plot intriguing?
- What are you looking forward from this project?
- What would you expect from this project?
- Who among the main characters you're most interested in?
- Is it okay if I put some mild gore in the game?
- Do you have any suggestion?
FB PAGE:
CALIX THE GREAT

CalixtheGreat
Regular

Re: Mystique City: The Phoenix Tail [Fantasy/RPG]

#2 Post by CalixtheGreat »

Added a new character profile.
Rima Nocturne.
Also, the Inventory System is now added to the features of the game.
FB PAGE:
CALIX THE GREAT

WizardOfWhat
Projects: Voice of the Void
Tumblr: wizardofwhat

#3 Post by WizardOfWhat »

Hello, you have some interesting stuff here. Allow me to answer your questions.

"- Is the plot intriguing?" I'm not sure I have enough information to give you a good answer. I can gleam that it's a swords and sorcery kind of story. I'd be interested in some more information about the setting and some of the things you mention like the Pheonix, witches, and what a guild is. Things like that. You don't need to dive into every detail, but a blurb that gives some generalities on the things you make reference to would help.

"- What are you looking forward to from this project?"The details and rules of the world are always interesting to learn with settings like yours. Seeing where you go with the amnesia angle is another thing. Since I'm guessing there will be some twist or revelation when it's dealt with.

"- What would you expect from this project?" The tone seems like it will be either somewhat serious or a little dark. It looks like everyone has their own plot line to pursue in addition to the main story as well.

"- Who among the main characters you're most interested in?" At a glance Ygor seems the most sympathetic to me since he's a little older and is merchant as well as a swordsman. Close second to Rima just for knowing necromancy.

"- Is it okay if I put some mild gore in the game?" That mainly depends on what the tone of the project is and who you see as being demographic for it. Are you going for something more mature and dark? If so then definitely. Would it work better if you leaned away from the darker aspects and gave it a more general appeal? That's something to consider.

"- Do you have any suggestions?" Give us more information on the setting and the things the characters are going to have to deal with. All of your characters have nice hooks for their personal plots, but I don't know much about the world they live in. Something else I noticed is that some of the sentences in the character bios are a little awkward.

CalixtheGreat
Regular

#4 Post by CalixtheGreat »

WizardOfWhat wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:23 pm Hello, you have some interesting stuff here. Allow me to answer your questions.

"- Is the plot intriguing?" I'm not sure I have enough information to give you a good answer. I can gleam that it's a swords and sorcery kind of story. I'd be interested in some more information about the setting and some of the things you mention like the Pheonix, witches, and what a guild is. Things like that. You don't need to dive into every detail, but a blurb that gives some generalities on the things you make reference to would help.

"- What are you looking forward to from this project?"The details and rules of the world are always interesting to learn with settings like yours. Seeing where you go with the amnesia angle is another thing. Since I'm guessing there will be some twist or revelation when it's dealt with.

"- What would you expect from this project?" The tone seems like it will be either somewhat serious or a little dark. It looks like everyone has their own plot line to pursue in addition to the main story as well.

"- Who among the main characters you're most interested in?" At a glance Ygor seems the most sympathetic to me since he's a little older and is merchant as well as a swordsman. Close second to Rima just for knowing necromancy.

"- Is it okay if I put some mild gore in the game?" That mainly depends on what the tone of the project is and who you see as being demographic for it. Are you going for something more mature and dark? If so then definitely. Would it work better if you leaned away from the darker aspects and gave it a more general appeal? That's something to consider.

"- Do you have any suggestions?" Give us more information on the setting and the things the characters are going to have to deal with. All of your characters have nice hooks for their personal plots, but I don't know much about the world they live in. Something else I noticed is that some of the sentences in the character bios are a little awkward.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm currently planning to add some information about the game soon after I'm done with the chapters. And about putting some mild gore, I am actually planning to include some bloody scenes on some endings of the game. Haha Thanks for the respond. I will going to update this post once I have some free time.
FB PAGE:
CALIX THE GREAT

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

- Is the plot intriguing?: There's not much there. It's not bad, but it's not great either.
- What are you looking forward from this project?: I really like the art, for one thing. I'd also like to see more RPG-style games here.
- What would you expect from this project?: A good story alongside fun gameplay that doesn't feel forced.
- Who among the main characters you're most interested in?: Rima. She's very pretty, and I tend to like mage characters. I'd also really like to know more about Ygor's backstory.
- Is it okay if I put some mild gore in the game?: It's your choice. Just make sure that it's rated appropriately/warned, since some people would rather not see that content.
- Do you have any suggestion?: Flesh out your synopsis a bit. As of now, it's a little lacking.