Let's Get Out of This Otome Game! [BxB] [Fantasy] [Short?]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Let's Get Out of This Otome Game! [BxB] [Fantasy] [Short?]

#1 Post by runeraccoon »

Redacted.

It will be published as a webtoon sometime this year instead. :)
Last edited by runeraccoon on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Cube
Regular
Completed: You and Me | Love is in Bloom
Projects: Ego Holic
Tumblr: qbstudios
itch: qbstudios

Re: Let's Get Out of This Otome Game [BxB] [Fantasy] [Short?]

#2 Post by Cube »

Okay, tbh, I only clicked this, because of the title. It sounds hilarious and like a good comedy-tropey-VN - so why would you want to change the title?! :D

Is the premise interesting enough for you?
Sounds like your usual isekai plot - and even though I don't know Valvrave, I'd give it a shot. Probably because of the next question- my expectations.

What kind of expectations do you have so far?
COMEDY. Like, real lampshading of the whole isekai/fantasy tropes. You also sad Angst if you can pull it off, but don't force yourself. I suppose you want to do this as a genuine plot, but I expect a few tongue-in-cheek-moments. Also, are the characters in the story that the protagonist knows of able to decide for themselves and create their own story or are they bound to 'the script'? Maybe certain events are bound to happen?

What do you think should be explored in depth?
Exactly that - if the story plot of The Demon Bride changes drastically or if it's just 2D after all.

Knowing of your art, this thing will be gorgeous! Good luck with that!
ImageImageImage

runeraccoon
Veteran

Re: Let's Get Out of This Otome Game [BxB] [Fantasy] [Short?]

#3 Post by runeraccoon »

Cube wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:43 am Okay, tbh, I only clicked this, because of the title. It sounds hilarious and like a good comedy-tropey-VN - so why would you want to change the title?! :D

Is the premise interesting enough for you?
Sounds like your usual isekai plot - and even though I don't know Valvrave, I'd give it a shot. Probably because of the next question- my expectations.

What kind of expectations do you have so far?
COMEDY. Like, real lampshading of the whole isekai/fantasy tropes. You also sad Angst if you can pull it off, but don't force yourself. I suppose you want to do this as a genuine plot, but I expect a few tongue-in-cheek-moments. Also, are the characters in the story that the protagonist knows of able to decide for themselves and create their own story or are they bound to 'the script'? Maybe certain events are bound to happen?

What do you think should be explored in depth?
Exactly that - if the story plot of The Demon Bride changes drastically or if it's just 2D after all.

Knowing of your art, this thing will be gorgeous! Good luck with that!
Wow, first response and it's already from Cube!

About the comedic title, well that's the problem. Seriously, comedy isn't my strong suit. But then again, I put it as the first genre of this VN, what was I thinking, really? Okay it only means another challenge to tackle. I'll give it a shot.

Your response has also given me an idea on how to approach the storytelling. Thanks for that! Even though that means I'll probably need to put more details and redo some of the chapters' outline again... XD

So you know isekai~ *hearteyes*. The Valvrave references won't be a necessary knowledge, at all. The characters will be properly introduced, and the universe is that much different from the original series. Avid Valvrave fans will definitely point their fingers on me as Captain Obvious though, lmao.

Noted for your expectations! I may not be original, but I hope I can deliver something amusing to play. From the plot I've outlined so far, there will be some bittersweet progress and endings, though. Oh, and heavy emphasis on romance. As for the characters, they are able to steer away from the original plot. The main character won't know about it before some game-changing (like, literally) twists and turns, because he only ever has a secondhand knowledge from his sister. My homework is definitely to find the way to impart that knowledge to the readers without any infodump. Whelp.

Edit: You're right about what to explore in depth. The issue about 2D or not, wasn't my main focus in the story. It was planned to be discussed at some point, but that's definitely one of the biggest issue here. Thank you for pointing that out! <3

Your inputs have been valuable. Do drop by again sometime to give me some more so I can better polish it out~

runeraccoon
Veteran

Re: Let's Get Out of This Otome Game! [BxB] [Fantasy] [Short?]

#4 Post by runeraccoon »

Some exciting updates:

1. I will be joining BL Game Jam with this VN! https://itch.io/jam/blgamejam
I do find it a bit ironic to join a jam that wants to let go of "yaoi" and embraces wider male x male dynamics, while my game will probably go along with Yaoi trope, but... yeah. Anyway, I won't start drawing/writing anything before August 1st but that means I'm aiming to finish it before December 1st. Sounds exciting!

2. I have two most wonderful helpers!
[*] Mjinx agreed to help me in the writing section, maybe for some parts, maybe for a wider plot-changing parts. I still have no idea for now, but it'll be very exciting to see the twists and turns this will go to.
[*] My close friend? Yeah, she agreed to help me in the art aspects! <3 I really want to try aiming for background and coding practices for this VN, so she'll probably help more in the CG department. Please check her ART, they're awesome. <3