The Cute, light and fluffy project!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
AngelicCarrot
Regular

Re: The Cute, light and fluffy project!

#16 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Elli wrote:
Showsni wrote:I mean, submit one.

Maybe not actual lemons, but nearly all pancakes have lemon juice and sugar added, right? It's more common than maple syrup here, I'd say.
I guess, but that's part of the batter (not the fruit itself)...=0 Guess it depends on how you look at it?
^Not a pancake expert; but doing research. Of a pan and cake-y variety.
Hahaha. I'm actually thinking to change it to lychee...I've got the script done for mine...I need to make my art though...=P
Well its supposed to be odd foods, right? What about something like grapefruit pancakes or garlic crepes?
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#17 Post by Vatina »

I'm contributing too.

Title: Cake of the Black Witch (not final title - at all :P)
A story of rivalry, magic, servitude, and vengeful cake-baking. Yes, I'm being very vague here.

I have started writing on this - Let's see how this goes....

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by monele »

Vatina : three;.. *three* keywords there... you bet I'll be waiting for this ^^;

Nicol Armarfi
Regular
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Broken Sky
Projects: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Driftwood, Escape from Puzzlegate
Organization: 4LS

#19 Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Interesting ideas here, certainly very fluffy :wink: . I'd be willing to write some music for this when that time comes, though.

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#20 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Speaking of music, I have some royalty free sites with adorable music if anyone needs them :3

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#21 Post by AlphaProspector »

Guys, we are missing some small guidelines, especially on average text length. Either I misread the previous thread or forgot but, yes, set a limit on the length of the stories or this will go out of hand in no time.

It's hard to resist the temptation to add more, more, MOAR, but then fillers arrive, pointless stuff, etc.

Word limit nao! I started writing and I kinda want know when I should stop before I overdo it. :P

Clearly, the basic guideline is: "make something fluffy, cute, light-hearted, heart-warming, pink, etc." Avoid darkness, blood and gore... and surreal, crazy, sci-fi *pokes himself*.

I'm finding quite awesome this challenge of making a cute story. It's certainly not my forte but I want to try it.
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#22 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Hmm. :< Maybe I should make something different then, cause I wanted my game to be a little more advanced than just a short story...

I don't think we should constrain it too much though... Personally it's kind of boring if it's just a story with no interaction...

Here's another one of my ideas-

You've just bought a new house, but have no one to share it with, so you decide to get a pet. You're allergic to regular pets, so you look on the internet for non-allergy causing ones. You find a great deal from an unheard of scientific company, which lets you keep two of their pets in your home for a week to see which one you'd like to buy (since they have a hefty price).

Your pets arrive the next day, a cat and dog... But they're not pets at all. They're human girls with animal ears! Adorable chaos ensues as both girls compete over eachother for your love, hoping you'll buy one of them to stay with you forever. Only spans a week, so it should be short and sweet :3

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#23 Post by AlphaProspector »

AngelicCarrot wrote:Hmm. :< Maybe I should make something different then, cause I wanted my game to be a little more advanced than just a short story...

I don't think we should constrain it too much though... Personally it's kind of boring if it's just a story with no interaction...
Oh, I see, I see. No worries. I'll apply the 'follow your heart' thing and write away xD *Silent Hill 1 sirens*

Now, must-keep-writing.
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#24 Post by Vatina »

I was wondering about the word-limit thing too. On the other hand I guess the restrictions come all by themselves, if the stories have to be done by March?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#25 Post by Megaman Z »

I am willing to test out VN's in my spare time to make sure stuff works and what-not. besides, I might learn a trick or two doing so. :P

you can PM them to me if they're at that point (if you have a method of UL'ing it somewhere I can get it from).
~Kitsune Zeta

Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

#26 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Here's something I've actually done a bit of scripting on (but nowhere near done):

Just waking up from an afternoon nap, you encounter a charming girl who wants nothing more than to mess with your head! However, there may be more to this mischief-maker than meets the eye. As she gives you increasingly ridiculous hoops to jump through, you begin to wonder why you're doing this in the first place. How far are you willing to go for a pretty face and how much more does she have planned for you?

Light romance/comedy
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#27 Post by sake-bento »

From the original thread, I thought that these stories all had to be linear? Maybe I forgot. The play length of mine will be 10-15 minutes or so.

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#28 Post by akemicchi »

About the word-limit, I was told there wasn't one. After all, we have only until March to completely finish our project, amirite? Besides, I always thought people should avoid fillers in the first place... xD

Yeah, I thought it had to be linear, too?... Or maybe I'm just inferring that because our ultimate goal is just to complete the project?

Question! So when's the official due date? ;D We'll need to dedicate some time for Megaman Z to edit/check our stories, right?

Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

#29 Post by Dave the Twisted »

sake-bento wrote:From the original thread, I thought that these stories all had to be linear? Maybe I forgot. The play length of mine will be 10-15 minutes or so.
Originally, I said they should probably be linear, but if you needed to write a menu in, make sure it wrapped back into a single ending. I guess now it depends on how much you're willing to put in and how much Megaman's willing to bugfix.
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#30 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Ah wait, so I couldn't make a bishoujo game with simple choices? 3: ... that sounds pretty boring to me.

Anyhoo~ I forgot I had some extra sprites hanging around. Ask me if you want them all, they each have about 6 expressions.
Attachments
A fiesty/prankster type girl
A fiesty/prankster type girl
A light-hearted girl
A light-hearted girl