The Cute, light and fluffy project!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: The Cute, light and fluffy project!

#121 Post by Vatina »

Extension please! Although I'm still not sure I'll be able to make it (just got a deadline from work, orz). At least this gives me an extra chance though :)

Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

#122 Post by Dave the Twisted »

akemicchi wrote:
Dave the Twisted wrote:I don't know who else is in favor, but I think pushing the date back to April 12th is reasonable. I'm sure Akemicchi won't mind.
FFFFF YESSS now I can actually study for my chem exam <333

Ah, will that be the release date? Or is that the date we have to give the projects to Megaman Z?

And I want to help program the game selection screen! :O If no one else wants to do it, I mean~~ x''DD (But first I must finish... Hahaha.)
This would be the date we submit to MegamanZ, and at this point it seems the extension vote is unanimous.
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#123 Post by Megaman Z »

I have no issues with this. go ahead.
~Kitsune Zeta

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#124 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Alright! My story is finished as of yesterday, and some effects and touchups are being thrown in over the weekend. How's everyone else doing?
break-sundialnight.PNG
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#125 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Uploading for MegamanZ. If anyone else wants to flip through it and give feedback, they're more than welcome to.
Attachments
5 Minutes.zip
The mostly-final version
(73.42 MiB) Downloaded 58 times

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#126 Post by mugenjohncel »

Dave the Twisted wrote:Uploading for MegamanZ. If anyone else wants to flip through it and give feedback, they're more than welcome to.
Not good... haven't touched project in almost a week. Too busy but not gonna give up. Decided to redraw some sprites using new aquired techniques.

"POOF" (Disappears)

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#127 Post by Dave the Twisted »

It's been dreadfully quiet for the last four days. I hope this entire thing isn't crashing into the ground as I feared. Mugen, I'm not sure what you're doing or how, but I'd suggest sidelining the separate release "Director's Cut" and working full on the CLF release if you're not doing that already. While I appear a diligent worker with a finished product out, it only became that way due to me using the "bare bones" layout. That's something I think we can work out once Megaman Z has everything clipped together.

I really don't want to sound like a nag (in fact I hate it more than the PS3), but we're hitting the deadline once again. I hope everyone will be able to make it. Not hearing anything is making me rather nervous, so feel free to post your progress, your thoughts, your gripes, anything. I'd love to know if anyone's still alive here.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#128 Post by Megaman Z »

typing this up for Five Minutes as I'm going through this...

first off, script.rpy line 311 should start with j, not i. I caught that speed-reading the game and BACKTRACKED to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

second, and I only noticed this since I opened up the script to look for the line, but you can save yourself a lot of hide statements by going to the images for i and making them two-word names instead of one-word names (i.e. "image Karin happy" instead of "image khappy" using "show Karin happy" instead of "show khappy"). the way the interpreter works is that if you have two images set up this way, SHOWing one and then SHOWing the other one hides the previous one automatically AND keeps the location (IIRC... I've been on a bit of a hiatus with ren'py [jumpstarting a group RPG maker project]).

lastly, the tech-demo script is a good reference for some basic stuff. I still look at it regularly.

*takes OFF the script-debugging/analyzing hat and puts on the story-review hat*

overall, the story definitely seems like it revolves around a slacker and a female, cute nutcase that borders on being a stalker. I like. ^-^
~Kitsune Zeta

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#129 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Not knowing much about the program, it could be you're onto a trick I don't know yet. I'll fix the dialogue errors first before touching on stuff like that. Shouldn't be too big a worry since I already have the game done and scripted, but I will remember that for next time. Thanks for the help, I'll re-upload some time tomorrow.

(Taking off the n00bish scripter hat and putting on the writer hat)

I'm not sure if "slacker" would be the right word for John. Since it was going to be shorter, I decided to focus more on Izzy's character at the expense of John's. In short, to simplify things I made John the designated "generic guy". For the ending, I had originally written something to the tune of
"~We both knew these two days were the start of a beautiful love~ yaddayadda OTP true love 4ever"

But I decided that was completely out of character on both ends, so I went with "Let's try this. It could be amusing."

In conclusion, this entire piece is what happens when I write with absolutely no plans.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#130 Post by Megaman Z »

I've always defined images for characters like this:

Code: Select all

image name expression = "image.png"
for instance:

image Karin happy = "khappy.png"
image Karin vhappy = "kbigsmile.png"
image Karin normal = "karin.png"
then, you can do something like this:

show Karin happy at right
k "Hello, %(playername)s!" # %(playername)s returns the string playername. used for stuff like dynamic names (like the player's input name).
show Karin normal #stays at right, IIRC...
k "How are you doing today?"
[...]But I decided that was completely out of character on both ends, so I went with "Let's try this. It could be amusing."

In conclusion, this entire piece is what happens when I write with absolutely no plans.
so I'm NOT the only one that has tried this. <@.@>
~Kitsune Zeta

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#131 Post by Dave the Twisted »

You probably noticed, but because I write with no plans, I have a lot of stuff in my game folder I didn't use. This will be fixed in the second upload.

I've had the character "Isabel" in my head for some time and I've got so many ways in my head of portraying her, I'll probably end up making her a "VN Actress". This meaning I'd use her image in various works, but have a different persona depending on where I want to go with the story. Osamu Tezuka does this sort of thing with his manga characters. Thoughts?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#132 Post by Megaman Z »

well, it's not that different from an actor playing numerous roles in different films. :P

it could also kinda add a bit of a... distinct feel to a set of VNs
~Kitsune Zeta

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#133 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Re-uploading "5 Minutes". Changes made were a few touchups to the lines, fixing that dialogue screwup, fixing the script to take out all those unnecessary "hide" statements, played sounds a bit differently and clearing out the stuff I didn't use to cut back filesize.
Attachments
5 Minutes.zip
The almost-definitely Final version
(24.96 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#134 Post by Vatina »

Well, I just finished the backgrounds needed for my story (crappy speedpaints). Still need some work on sprites, and looking over the script.
Ugh, not much time left....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#135 Post by Megaman Z »

3 DAYS UNTIL THE DEADLY DATE!

...er, you guys have 3 days (give or take) for this. <^-^>;;
~Kitsune Zeta