First Comes Marriage Otome Game [GxB][Romance][Dating-Sim][Married Life][Maybe 18+]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ashulay

First Comes Marriage Otome Game [GxB][Romance][Dating-Sim][Married Life][Maybe 18+]

#1 Post by Ashulay »

Introduction
Hi everyone! I'm Ashulay, and here's my idea for my romance otome. This will hopefully be my first Ren'Py project. I'm really new to basically all things Ren'Py and otome games, but I'll be trying my best to make this a reality. I'm really into romance and cliches, so I'm making a game to reflect my super basic girly interests :lol:

*I actually finished this post and then none of the progress saved so now I'm starting all my information over :x

Game Plot
"First Comes Marriage" is an otome game that focuses on the dating and married life of Emilia Monclaire, the only daughter of the Monclaire family. The Monclaire group ranks as one of the wealthiest companies in the world. As a child of the main Monclaire branch, Emilia holds the responsibility of marrying into another notable family in order to form a strong business partnership. Although Emilia had other plans in mind, the slow decline of the company along with her father's encouragement has convinced her to fulfill her duty and bring success to the company. Emilia can pick one of three suitors--Jonathan Lennox, Leonard Moon, and Raymond James. Each route will explore her short dating life and sudden married life. All of this takes place in a fictional world in which all characters have been made up.

Features/Additional Info
-Non-commercial (unless I can make everything original content--then it can be a 'pay whatever you want' type of game)
-3 routes
-Around 4 endings per route (IDK, I'm still deciding)
-No full word count yet, but I do plan on making the game quite long
-I may make this an optional 18+ story (like the wedding night, etc.) but I'll make sure those can be skipped or something

Characters
Emilia Monclaire - Emilia is the only daughter of the main Monclaire family. She has a pretty moldable personality, but is overall optimistic and a bit quirky. She's good at embarrassing herself. I'm still working on developing her personality. I'll probably make her less lady-like and elegant as her family name would suggest she is.

Sprite - http://ashulayy.deviantart.com/art/Firs ... -695223220

Jonathan Lennox - Jonathan is the only child of the Lennox family. The Lennox family runs the globally-recognized LenCorp, which specializes in everything. Jonathan has been raised to be the successor of LenCorp, so his whole life revolves around the business. He has never been in a relationship, so he doesn't value romance as much as Emilia does. For him, this marriage is a business deal and nothing more. He is talented, intelligent, and an expert in business deals. Too bad he has zero talent in romance. He is pretty cold, but will warm up to Emilia.

Sprite - http://ashulayy.deviantart.com/art/Firs ... -695223516

Leonard Moon - Leonard is one of two sons of the Moon family. His family owns Lunasonic, a tech company that paves the way for technological advancement. He has a fierce competition with his fraternal twin brother for the title of successor. However, Leonard has no interest in running the company and desperately wishes to cut ties with his family. The only thing stopping him from doing so is his mother, who constantly pushes him to lead Lunasonic, as Leonard is her favorite son. This marriage would serve as an escape for Leonard from his suffocating responsibilities. He is kind and affectionate, unlike his ruthless family.

Raymond James - Raymond is the only child of the James family. The James family owns JamesRealty, a billion dollar company that specializes in selling pricey properties. Raymond is a smooth-talker and notorious player. He carefully guards his heart while breaking those of others. He has obvious commitment issues, which have begun to make the tabloids. As a result, his family forces him into a marriage to bury the truth. I'm still working on developing his personality.

Progress
Sprites - I've drawn the basic sprites of Emilia and Jonathan. I still need to draw new emotions for them. I have yet to draw Leonard or Raymond.
Script - I have the prologue done as well as a chunk of Jonathan's route. I will be focusing my efforts on completing Jonathan's route first, and then I'll work on the other two guys'.
Programming - I've put what I have of the script into Ren'Py. I've also added choices and consequences.

Team
It's just me so far! I've been doing all the art, script-writing, and programming thus far. I'm not too confident in my coloring skills, and I'm DEFINITELY not confident in my programming skills. I'm pretty sure I could learn and handle it, but I would greatly appreciate help in some aspects.

If you're interested in helping, please let me know! You can reply here or message me at firstcomesmarriageotome.tumblr.com

Questions
-Would you be interested in playing this game?
-Do you have any feedback or contributions you would like to make?
-Would you be interest in helping me develop this game?
-Do you have additional questions that I didn't answer in this post?

Final Thoughts/Messages
So far it's been a week. I don't really have a set time frame for when I want to complete this, but it is something I do want to get done. Let me know if I left anything out! This is my first post ever so I'm definitely lacking in some info :lol:

MarkusLappalainen
Regular
Completed: Several short films and games (including VNs)
Projects: A feature film, a short film and my own music
Organization: Audio Cabin from the North
Soundcloud: Markus Lappalainen

Re: First Comes Marriage Otome Game [GxB][Romance][Dating-Sim][Married Life][Maybe 18+]

#2 Post by MarkusLappalainen »

How much have you thought about the evolvement of the relationships? Conflicts? Do the three suitors have other, maybe hidden, agendas? Naturally, don't tell too much of this here since that is what makes the novel worth playing, but it is definitely something that you should prioritise. Its would help you build meat around those bones :)
Have a happy day! 8)
- Markus Lappalainen, composer & music consultant
Scoring Portfolio

Ashulay

Re: First Comes Marriage Otome Game [GxB][Romance][Dating-Sim][Married Life][Maybe 18+]

#3 Post by Ashulay »

MarkusLappalainen wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 am How much have you thought about the evolvement of the relationships? Conflicts? Do the three suitors have other, maybe hidden, agendas? Naturally, don't tell too much of this here since that is what makes the novel worth playing, but it is definitely something that you should prioritise. Its would help you build meat around those bones :)
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll keep these points in mind as I continue writing my script :)

Aelinau
Deviantart: Aelinau

#4 Post by Aelinau »

The story itself is the normal romance otome but that's not a bad thing at all.. I certainly love those types myself lol. I'd be careful on making it feel too rushed.. How short are the dating phases going to last? Will it be more a mutual "have to marry" thing.. then after the marriage they really get to know eachother?
I think it's a good idea that you add the option to not view the 18+ stuff.. so many times has that ruined the loveable story for me lol ^^

I'm actually currently making my 1st VN too.. so I have no words of wisdom to pass along but I wish you luck ^.^

Ashulay

#5 Post by Ashulay »

Aelinau wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:53 pm The story itself is the normal romance otome but that's not a bad thing at all.. I certainly love those types myself lol. I'd be careful on making it feel too rushed.. How short are the dating phases going to last? Will it be more a mutual "have to marry" thing.. then after the marriage they really get to know eachother?
I think it's a good idea that you add the option to not view the 18+ stuff.. so many times has that ruined the loveable story for me lol ^^

I'm actually currently making my 1st VN too.. so I have no words of wisdom to pass along but I wish you luck ^.^
Thanks for the questions! You've brought my attention to some important aspects of the story.
I would say that the dating phase will be short, and that the bulk of "getting to know each other" is going to be after the marriage. The dating phase is included just to give a taste of the character, and the marriage phase will delve deep into the storyline. I haven't decided exactly how short the dating phase will be--maybe around 4 dates.
Both sides will have their reasons for marrying, so it will definitely be a mutual decision. After marrying, they will definitely learn more about each other.
I'll keep your feedback about the mature content in mind and make sure to put it as an optional part of the story.

Thanks and good luck on your VN :)

Aelinau
Deviantart: Aelinau

#6 Post by Aelinau »

Ashulay wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Thanks for the questions! You've brought my attention to some important aspects of the story.
I would say that the dating phase will be short, and that the bulk of "getting to know each other" is going to be after the marriage. The dating phase is included just to give a taste of the character, and the marriage phase will delve deep into the storyline. I haven't decided exactly how short the dating phase will be--maybe around 4 dates.
Both sides will have their reasons for marrying, so it will definitely be a mutual decision. After marrying, they will definitely learn more about each other.
I'll keep your feedback about the mature content in mind and make sure to put it as an optional part of the story.

Thanks and good luck on your VN :)
I see! I look forward to reading through your updates when posted!