Rococo Feathersworth's Neighbourhood

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
magi
Special Project Artist
Projects: Hanafuda Club, Infinity Rain

Rococo Feathersworth's Neighbourhood

#1 Post by magi »

Hey everyone. I hope you guys all have a good year. :3

So, I have been thinking about this for a while. When I was working on Infinity Rain, I started working on a day planner system, with place that you can go to, and event been triggered dependent if you are on a specific location at a certain time. I have been thinking, hmm, there is always a urge for me to go off the path to look around. There is a joy to that first time you been to a place, meeting different characters and what not.

So in the spirit of "Cute and fluffy game" thread, and another spirit ;), I decided that I should probably work on something like that, and something a lot simpler then what I have in mind for Infinity Rain.

The goal of the project is two fold, one, is to create the basic framework for a exploration based game, the story will be tell through the people you meet. And you get a story of the "place", if that make sense. :3 The player can choose to weave their experience however they wants to... maybe that's a lofty goal for another day.

This is also a learning project, some asset like the background and 3D models and dolls created for it, I planning on releasing at least part of them to be use by others.

There hasn't been much writing done at the moment. Although I'll be updating this thread on a semi-regular basis. >w<

I'll be using this thread both for releasing Assets and updating the game.

This is about half of the characters that I am planning on featuring in the game eventually, (sheet is originally created for another project, in which this project might be a supplement to.) Although to Start with I wanted to just focus on one or two. Hopefully as time goes on, i can add more, and the structure of the game is modular enough for that. <.<;
To Start with, meet Rococo Feathersworth. She is the owner of a local Chinese Style bakery. She is well liked around the Neighborhood. Her bakery, as well as the small park in front of it, is a sort of popular hangout for the people around town.
Meet Vivian Lancebaker, the first (datable? Maybe) character. She started working in Rococo's Bakery as Rococo's Assistant/Cashier.

As for you, you are a transient(?) person that currently lives in the second storage room down the hull from the second floor of bakery. (?)

hmm, gotta work on that.

UPDATES

12809 Statistics:

The game contains 16 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 118 words,
The game contains 0 menus

12909 Statistics:

The game contains 28 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 200 words,

13009 Statistics

The game contains 66 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 417 words,
8 Background Images (wip)
6 Character sprites (wip)
Last edited by magi on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Rococo Feathersworth's Neighbourhood

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Wow, so many cute characters. o_o;

My only recommendation is that maybe the characters' hair should have more volume, especially for Vivian. (also, best not to compress .jpgs too much... I can see compression artifacts)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

My only recommendation is that maybe the characters' hair should have more volume
*nodnod* she's bald on her right side :)

Nitpick apart, EEP! Sounds like a very original and interesting project ^_^. At first, I thought there wouldn't even be a protagonist (which is something I once wanted to try), but I read that there will be one, so... yeah :). Nonetheless... many characters, hopefully full of life and stories to tell... this sounds like a blast :). More details will be welcome ^^

magi
Special Project Artist

#4 Post by magi »

Well, these art are far from finished (?). There are still lot of work to do. I'll be addressing that soon.

Hmm, initially I have no thought about having a "Main character". I thought about it, I decided that the player should be able to interact with other characters and effect that course of their story, although if create one that is so purely "exploratory" might be interesting too, but I want at least some interaction to be possible. so an "avatar" is at least necessary.

A bit of test work, I am somewhat rusty on the coding side nowadays. >_<;;
Also work in progress, New Assets being generated.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

Woah, I bet those will look really pretty once they're textured and all.

magi
Special Project Artist

#6 Post by magi »

Vivian in her casual outfit, its an echo of a Hanafuda Club Character.

Rococo's Kitchen... still working out what to put in it. <.<; I am not very good at textures. >.>

Storage Room 1 / locker room for Rococo's Store.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#7 Post by Zatch »

I like the screenshots. XD Is there any updates on this yet?

magi
Special Project Artist

#8 Post by magi »

I am still working on it, although more or less focused on the world building aspect. ^^;;

A mock up from an earlier version.

V2Blast
Regular

#9 Post by V2Blast »

I like the backgrounds you've posted so far... Keep it up. Looking forward to moar contents.
Pie is delicious.