The Heroines [CLOSED]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Nexitt_
Deviantart: Naoe-nex
Soundcloud: Naoe

The Heroines [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Nexitt_ »

1 ~ Synopsis and Technicals:
“The Heroines” centers around an average 17 year old high school student named Jon, who is adjusting to his new life in Texas City. On his first day attending school, Jon unknowingly gets dragged into the shenanigans of a group of girls with superpowers: Billionaire daughter-genius Emma L. Brown, nimble-runner Sonia Rutherford, and super-star Mary Carpenter. Jon’s life will only get more complicated, but despite all of that, he ends up growing close to each of them and would do anything to help these girls out. Even if he gets injured in the process. Maybe he’ll even get lucky and get a girlfriend.

Currently there are 8 routes planned.
Possible H-scenes, not yet decided.
Choices that will change the stories direction.
The game’s prologue will be the Demo that does not have any set release.
Oh, yeah, it will be a free game. A Passion Project.

2 ~ Inspirations:
There were many things that inspired this idea. Sonic the Hedgehog, The Super Mario Brothers, Star Wars, the Majikoi series, and - the most recent - the Marvel Universe. Which changed the look of my project a lot. You may see references. lol

3 ~ About things:
This will be my very first visual novel and I extremely hope that it will one day be brought into the world for people to enjoy and experience.

4 ~ Some concept art:
These drawings weren't done by me, but were drawn by an old friend who's not apart of the project anymore.
https://puu.sh/yggQP/4fc99d5eeb.jpg
https://puu.sh/yggSo/68d22f2592.jpg

5 ~ Progress:
Currently working on the prologue…

~ Any questions? ~
Last edited by Nexitt_ on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Back to the Future.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: The Heroines [BxG][Action/Adventure/Romance][VN]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Nexitt_ wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm Jon unknowingly gets dragged into the shenanigans of a group of girls with superpowers: Billionaire daughter-genius Emma L. Brown, nimble-runner Sonia Rutherford, and super-star Mary Carpenter. Jon’s life will only get more complicated, but despite all of that, he ends up growing close to each of them ...
1. How prevalent are superheroes in your world? Does the average person know that they exist?

2. Do most heroes use secret identities?

3. Will there be an external conflict? Do the characters need to confront a foe or an organization?

4. Why are people attracted to the protagonist? Maybe they're motivated by his wealth, influence, or charisma. I have thought about this question when reading visual novels and experiencing some other types of fiction. In a personal favorite example (Sweet Fuse), it's because the protagonist stands up to the villain and she chooses to oppose him. In an example that I'm currently reading (Code Realize), it's because the protagonist has a supernatural ability to kill mammals or destroy items with a single touch. (She also starts caring about other people early on in the story.)

I noticed this story pitch a few weeks ago, and I've been thinking about it since then. Maybe it got my attention because of my odd history with comics fandom. There was a time when I assumed that comics couldn't tell a story other than "lawful good hero beats up chaotic evil villain." Then a friend lent me a trade paperback which defied all of my assumptions.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Nexitt_
Deviantart: Naoe-nex
Soundcloud: Naoe

Re: The Heroines [BxG][Action/Adventure/Romance][VN]

#3 Post by Nexitt_ »

Superheroes in this universe is a relatively recent new thing, and people in their city and around them know they exist. Most of the people with powers are mostly hidden.

Only a few are known to be public with it (points at Sonia!).

And, of course, there will be external conflicts. They need to be challenged by a person who are opposites or better.

Well, initially they help him because he’s in a place he’s never been to before. That’s how it starts out, but once the first conflict shows itself Jon ends up saving the day… and in the nurses office… something like that I guess. He does what’s right even if it hurts him.

I’ve made this up on the spot btw. I’m just kind of going with the flow.

Anyway, about that last comment. I knew about superheroes, I knew the comics, but never read one. After seeing what Marvel was doing in their movies i got more interested in comics. Only have a few, but they are cool (Have mostly Iron Man). That like I said changed how i viewed my own project.
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Back to the Future.