Project T3xt (Assistant wanted!) UPDATE: Test Demo avaible!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
wulfsaga
Regular

Project T3xt (Assistant wanted!) UPDATE: Test Demo avaible!

#1 Post by wulfsaga »

PROJECT T3XT
Okay this is my first try on renpy, I hope it can go on… but ill give it best try, at least maybe part1.

Character:

Synopsis:
An accident has created a strange occurance in Norewast Academy. Somehohw everyone in the area lost memory and lost ability to do simple thing. Ayla woke up in the clinic with lost memory, and holding in her hand something called ‘Remote command” with the help of strange and perverted robot Ayla must find a way to stop this event..or run away from there.

Ayla :
Main character. She is an academy brat, and hate education so much. Because his grandfather was pricnicpal, she cant escape from the academy and always forgiven for any ruckuss she made. But when accident happen she lost her recent memory, the only thing she has now is a photo of guy that maybe his boyfriend and strange device that can input command on people.

Elly :
Academy tour guide and information assistance, She lost her ability of direction after the accident. But still acting like she knew all way to the academy, making a lot confusion among student. Restore her memory to find new area!

Gustav :

A professor and Alya docent, he try to pretend that he still remember his knowledge. Gustav seems know something and related to the incident.

Zaky :
Handsome guy that appear in Ayla photo, is he the one who give the device?
Other character :
-Principal
-etc...

Gameplay :
Hard to explain but basically you can use command like RUN, OPEN, DELETE, on people and item. Or inserting keywod like ‘GUIDE’ on Elly so she remember her job!.Kinda like phoenix style with text based.
Planning to start slowly by using episode, this time ill try part1 first and see where it goes.

Storyline:
None! Maybe this sounds crazy but ill try using manga technique storytelling, so the story will go on as long as it remain popular. Of course i already planned the big line, but il try to be innovative.

Assisstant recruit!
-Background artist / Photo scouter :
No need drawing skill if you can find the background I want even if it’s a photo.
-Game menu template designer :
Able to create item icon
-Colourist : Althought the colouring maybe good, i don’t know if its can convey emotion or not since my way of colouring is pain in the ass. If anyone interested try to colour this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... rtline.jpg
-Music $ SFX director : Anyone that can find free downloadable or create Midi music.
-Avandced python programmer :
Can program inventory slot, map exploring, and some minigame. Just give me the command line, ill try myself.
-English Grammar editor... :cry:

====================================

UPDATE!!

DEMO IS AVAIBLE NOW!
l]
http://www.4shared.com/file/87730919/72 ... alpha.html
(anyone use mac? my uploader is bit slow so i will upload it on request. If anyone cant DL it please tell me.)
A Gameplay demo or test drive. So what your opinion? I am a firm believer that nothing really original in this world and everything is copy from other thing, so anyone play VN like this yet?
The most difficult thing is Testing the game, i mean the longer the game is the longer i must test it one by one... are there no other easy method? :(
And what your opinion on character design? Is it bit too stiff or need variation of pose?

to do list :
-creating menu interface
-creating script >_<
-finding a slave err... assistant
Last edited by wulfsaga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Project T3xt (Assistant wanted!)

#2 Post by JQuartz »

wulfsaga wrote:-Creating Map?
-Maybe creating menu to access each chapter, but my skill on phtyon is really low. Anyone can help?
I can help but unless this game can be completed within this month, I don't think I could remain commited to this project. So when is this project expected to be finished?
wulfsaga wrote:Creating sample demo (can anyone tell me how to package demo?)
The game has to work first. Once it works, run renpy.exe. Click Tools. Click Check Script(Lint). If problems are detected, fix the problem. Otherwise, click Delete Persistent. Click Add From To Calls. Click Archive Files. Click Build Distribution. So in case you didn't notice, making a demo is the same as making a game. The only difference between the two is the content/story of the game.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

wulfsaga
Regular

#3 Post by wulfsaga »

since this is my first project i cant figure the deadline... maybe ill create part1 without map and if it went well the map will be added on part2.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#4 Post by JQuartz »

wulfsaga wrote:-Creating Map?
You mean like this:

Code: Select all

init python:
    def JQuartz_overlay():
        if not can_view_map:
            return           
        ui.textbutton("Show Map", clicked=renpy.curried_call_in_new_context("treasure_map"))

config.overlay_functions.append(JQuartz_overlay)

label treasure_map:
    show map
    $ ui.textbutton("Click To Return", clicked=ui.returns("Pytom, Monele and JQuartz helped me a lot"))
    $ ui.interact()
    hide map
    return
wulfsaga wrote:-Maybe creating menu to access each chapter, but my skill on phtyon is really low. Anyone can help?
This should be pretty easy. Just use menu like so:

menu:
        "Chapter 1":
            jump chapter_1
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by monele »

I'm curious : will this actually have text input commands or only choices that have the protagonist input commands? (in other words : typing text or choice list?). A more "adventurish" style like this is intriguing.

wulfsaga
Regular

#6 Post by wulfsaga »

@jquartz : thx for the map, ill try it and see if it can fit the game.

@monele: its hard to explain without demo... just imagine phoenix wright game combined with text adventure.

Jake
Support Hero

#7 Post by Jake »

Apologies for interrupting the thread with an off-topic note, but:
JQuartz wrote:

def JQuartz_overlay():
You've been giving people examples like this for a while, but it's terrible coding style. Methods, classes and variables and so on should really be named descriptively, for what they do rather than for who wrote them. (If you need to remember who wrote them, it can be noted in comments or otherwise.) So this would be much better as "MapButtonOverlay" or something, so when someone comes across the overlay function append a year later they can tell what it actually does.

It's even more important to use understandable names when you're giving code to beginners or non-programmers, because they're far more likely to just copy-and-paste your code and then try and understand it and fiddle with it at a later date, when you might not be immediately available to talk them through it. And if you write two overlay functions for two totally different things in two different threads and call them both "JQuartz_overlay", then someone who tries to use them both is going to hit problems they possibly won't understand.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by JQuartz »

Apologies for interrupting the thread with an off-topic note, but:
Jake wrote:You've been giving people examples like this for a while, but it's terrible coding style.
Heh heh heh. The code is made a few years ago and available in another thread. I was too lazy to change it so, I just copy and paste it. In fact, all the examples that had my username on is made long ago when I was still immature. If it's made now, I use more descriptive names...Hmm...maybe you should have told me this when I first gave those kind of codes...

wulfsaga
Regular

Re: Project T3xt (Assistant wanted!) UPDATE: Test Demo avaible!

#9 Post by wulfsaga »

gameplay test :
http://www.4shared.com/file/87730919/72 ... alpha.html

too risky too create story directly, so i try to create 'warming up' to know renpy from inside.
Last edited by wulfsaga on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by monele »

Bad linkie :|. What's this ellipsis in the middle of it?

wulfsaga
Regular

#11 Post by wulfsaga »

ups sorry, forgot to check the link

wulfsaga
Regular

#12 Post by wulfsaga »

for anyone who got difficulty on download
http://rapidshare.com/files/198631644/T ... a.zip.html

and some screen shot
Attachments
scr.jpg

miteigi-san
Projects: TK(ten kara) , Resent0

Re: Project T3xt (Assistant wanted!) UPDATE: Test Demo avaib

#13 Post by miteigi-san »

download not available...?
im referring to the zip file...

Julie
Regular

#14 Post by Julie »

Aww. The link doesn't work.....

Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

#15 Post by Megumi »

The topic was made in 2009. I think it's likely that the project was abandoned
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.