Tainted creatures [BxB, GxG, BxG, GxB, Poly] [Romance, Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
BlueDiamond

Tainted creatures [BxB, GxG, BxG, GxB, Poly] [Romance, Fantasy]

#1 Post by BlueDiamond »

This is my first visual novel ever so I don't know if it will be completed since I'm doing it alone and I'm a student. I finished writing the first act and I decided to post here a summary about it.
The story happens in a universe where magic and all kind of creatures live, the action happens 100 years after the Demon War when the great Demon Realm Portal opened and the Great Church of Tolerance and Love was destroyed and converted in a place of death, pain and gore and the mountains were named accordingly as the Nefarious Mountains. After many years of struggles humanity allied with all the races on Earth and in a desperate effort they managed to destroy the demon lords and seal the Nefarious Mountains with barrier which stopped the sentient being from passing, yet the portal could never be closed and the demon threat remains... The story begins with an apparently normal pair of twins but with impressive skills when a mysterious old man appears and recruit them in his quest to close the portal. They find they were born with demonic powers and they must find the others with the same gift to finally defeat the demons and close the portal, will they be able to do something that the whole world couldn't in the past? Will they find love along the way? Will they perish trying to do that or is there a much grander future for them that no one can foresee?
Protagonists
●Tristan
sphotoeditor-20171205_205057.jpg
He is a powerful healer, very sweet and charming, he is always genuinely nice and cares very a great deal about his twin sister, Christine, and their mother, Selene. He knows there is a cure for their mother and want to find it no matter what.
●Christine
IMG_20180116_233959517.jpg
She is a hot-headed warrior, loving fights and training novices, she is usually rash, but she has a golden heart. Her father's death still haunts her but she doesn't want it to affect her and her brother.
●Selene
20171224_204442.jpg
The protagonists' mother, she loves her children very much and hates that her condition is affecting them as well. She has a long and dark past full of mysteries, she is loved by many and hated by the others, if it weren't for her affliction she would be strongest woman alive...
●Terra
Lovable, gem-loving, childish dwarf. She is cute, sometimes annoying, but she is skilled as a thief and also a side romance for any of the twins, she also has a talent for getting in trouble, just a lovable rascal yet her past may change your opinion about her
●Merman
A fling romance with a CG, he appears in Serafina's main quest and he is attracted only sexually by your character, yet that may change, available for both twins as side romance.
●Morfran
He looks strange, but he's very wise and nice, the rest about him remains to be seen...
●Crystal
She is a demon who appears in your dream and seems to know many things, is she an enemy, a friend or both? She said she was known as the incubus Diel, her intentions remain a mystery...
●Several side characters from the main characters past
Love interests
●Fenris-M/M
He is very cute but hates when people call him that way, in the past he was bullied for his weakness until he awakened his werewolf form, he can be aggressive but his crush on Tristan makes him restrain himself more.
●Sunila F/F
IMG_20180104_033710111.jpg
She has a sad past, she was abandoned by her parents because she is a dark elf, adopted and trained by assassins she managed to become the assassin guild's leader, known as the Shadow Queen
●Onyx F/F
IMG_20170612_155418165.jpg
She is known as the Golden champion of the Harpies Golden Nest, she is an honourable warrior and thrives to be the strongest, she would never refuse a challenge.
●Sachiel GxB
IMG_20180104_033853679.jpg
He is a snow elf who is looking for his lost family after being frozen for decades, the snow elves have disappeared for a long time and his hope seems to be lost...
●Serafina GxG BxG
20171224_204715.png
She is the naga princess, she has always lived in luxury but that never stopped her from getting her hands dirty, dangerous, poisonous and elegant she is worthy of being a queen.
●Akan GxB BxB
20171224_203435.png
He is the only male dryad to have ever existed, after the dryad trees were destroyed and he was the only one left he's been seeking revenge and a way to bring back his people.
●Voluptia and Angor- poly and bi
IMG_20180104_033918743.jpg
Voluptia and Angor are pirates who've been working together for a long time, but with very different desires, Voluptia seeks all the pleasure she can get from life either seducing or killing people to get what she wants, while Angor find pain thrilling, being the best interrogator and together they are one of the most dangerous pirates, your character can romance any of them or both or make them fall for each other.
●Leah and Lexi BxG
20171224_204610.jpg
They are the intertwined sisters who were considered an abomination at birth and thrown away, they were found and raised by a witch in a forest and learnt all kinds of magic, after the witch hunter came and killed their mother they both swore to avenge her, one for justice and the other one out of hate and revenge. They care a lot about each other but are completely different, hardly reaching a compromise.

I haven't thought about a name for this two like for the merman, but I will update this when I do
●Blood mage GxB
Blood mages are like vampires, they use blood in their spells and incantation and are very powerful yet they don't need it to survive, this one is one of the nicer ones who buys it from people willing to donate it rather than torturing victims for it, he is seeking to stop the blood mage cult as they made people believe their magic is demonic.
●Fire mage BxB
He is currently living in a volcano, in his past he was considered too dangerous to live with his people, he tries to control his temper and keep all his frustrations inside, but he might explode anytime just like a volcano...

That's about it folks, tell me what you think about this characters and the plot, each of them may die succumbing to their demons if you make the wrong choices, tell me your opinions, I'm open for suggestions! :roll:

*edit* I updated some sketches for some characters and I will update soon for the others, Akan and Serafina are the only ones made on a computer and I made them with a friggin' mouse! :lol: I will remake them and make the sprites for the others when I get a graphic tablet, for now I'm focused on writing the novel, the sprites may change though... i already changed Christine's since people didn't like her first design.
Last edited by BlueDiamond on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

Re: Tainted creatures [BxB, GxG, BxG, GxB, Poly] [Romance, Fantasy]

#2 Post by crystalscm »

This already sounds promising! Although, admittedly so, for a first project this is/seems ambitious. Writing any route takes more time and effort than it first looks, especially given that you are working alone.

Just a little note that you should be careful with poly. In my time lurking around here I find that people generally prefer to have single characters; it seems more difficult to write poly routes. The ones you have now are interesting (personally to me) though, especially Voluptia/Angor. They seem like fairly dark characters, so that aspect may have caught my eye.

"Each of them" dying sounds like a lot though. If you want to be meaningful, it's better to let only a few characters die unless it's like a survival-type setting... like Dangan Ronpa. Characters dying doesn't even have to be dependent on a player's choice. It can just be a part of the story. Since you know your story the most, that's something you must decide though.

Just a little suggestion from my personal experience though: try making a smaller project first. It doesn't even have to be multiple routes or branched. It can just be a kinetic novel, because I believe it will definitely help you get a feel for what's needed at a minimum, and you probably won't feel as overwhelmed once you start on bigger projects. Also it can benefit you because it gives you a chance to play with Ren'Py (or whatever you're using to program) casually, without much difficulty. Regardless I wish you luck, and I am supporting you and hope to see this project become a reality at some point!

BlueDiamond

#3 Post by BlueDiamond »

crystalscm wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 pm This already sounds promising! Although, admittedly so, for a first project this is/seems ambitious. Writing any route takes more time and effort than it first looks, especially given that you are working alone.

Just a little note that you should be careful with poly. In my time lurking around here I find that people generally prefer to have single characters; it seems more difficult to write poly routes. The ones you have now are interesting (personally to me) though, especially Voluptia/Angor. They seem like fairly dark characters, so that aspect may have caught my eye.

"Each of them" dying sounds like a lot though. If you want to be meaningful, it's better to let only a few characters die unless it's like a survival-type setting... like Dangan Ronpa. Characters dying doesn't even have to be dependent on a player's choice. It can just be a part of the story. Since you know your story the most, that's something you must decide though.

Just a little suggestion from my personal experience though: try making a smaller project first. It doesn't even have to be multiple routes or branched. It can just be a kinetic novel, because I believe it will definitely help you get a feel for what's needed at a minimum, and you probably won't feel as overwhelmed once you start on bigger projects. Also it can benefit you because it gives you a chance to play with Ren'Py (or whatever you're using to program) casually, without much difficulty. Regardless I wish you luck, and I am supporting you and hope to see this project become a reality at some point!
Voluptia and Angor aren't in a relationship when you meet them, but you can help them become a couple since they actually complete each other, also who said death is permanent in this game? :twisted:
the twin you didn't choose to play as will die no matter what choices you make, but you can bring them back
saying more would spoil the entire plot, you will find out that what you know about this universe isn't always true since it is what your character was made to believe, there are many secrets and plot twists, Crystal is actually a very important character and she is canonically trans, demons are all non-binary, she used to appear masculine and use he/him pronouns but after encasing herself in a crystal she changed her body completely and took a different name, I want to portray her as a character who always deceived others to protect herself and not like a joke like many visual novels do with their trans characters
Last edited by BlueDiamond on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#4 Post by crystalscm »

BlueDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 amVoluptia and Angor aren't in a relationship when you meet them, but you can help them become a couple since they actually complete each other, also who said death is permanent in this game? :twisted:
the twin you didn't choose to play as will day no matter what choices you make, but you can bring them back
saying more would spoil the entire plot, you will find out that what you know about this universe isn't always true since it is what your character was made to believe, there are many secrets and plot twists, Crystal is actually a very important character and she is canonically trans, demons are all non-binary, she used to appear masculine and use he/him pronouns but after encasing herself in a crystal she changed her body completely and took a different name, I want to portray her as a character who always deceived others to protect herself and not like a joke like many visual novels do with their trans characters
Oh, I see... you can make it be more dynamic in terms of relationship for Voluptia and Angor (definitely going for them both!) then, I would like to see how that goes. And I have to admit you have me curious now when you asked who said death was permanent; I feel like there are so many ways to approach "death", so I'm curious as to how it's approached here.

I did not know that about Crystal, haha. I feel like transgender characters are finally gaining some spotlight in the VN community (and LGBT in general!) I also agree it's important to take transgender just as seriously as cisgender characters; they're people too and shouldn't really be regarded as a joke or something "fake" or something like a "phase".

I'm kind of sad that Crystal is only a side character, plus Crystal is my name too... though I understand that there are enough love interests as it is, I'm sure. I also have to admit that I'm quite interested in Akan and Sachiel. Something about them really stood out to me. I just tend to lean towards more darkish characters, I guess. I'm also curious about the blood mage - just their race in general and of course the Blood Mage's character too... Mind enlightening me, or is that a bit too much, haha? (@^◡^)

BlueDiamond

#5 Post by BlueDiamond »

crystalscm wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:08 am
BlueDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 amVoluptia and Angor aren't in a relationship when you meet them, but you can help them become a couple since they actually complete each other, also who said death is permanent in this game? :twisted:
the twin you didn't choose to play as will day no matter what choices you make, but you can bring them back
Oh, I see... you can make it be more dynamic in terms of relationship for Voluptia and Angor (definitely going for them both!) then, I would like to see how that goes. And I have to admit you have me curious now when you asked who said death was permanent; I feel like there are so many ways to approach "death", so I'm curious as to how it's approached here.

I did not know that about Crystal, haha. I feel like transgender characters are finally gaining some spotlight in the VN community (and LGBT in general!) I also agree it's important to take transgender just as seriously as cisgender characters; they're people too and shouldn't really be regarded as a joke or something "fake" or something like a "phase".

I'm kind of sad that Crystal is only a side character, plus Crystal is my name too... though I understand that there are enough love interests as it is, I'm sure. I also have to admit that I'm quite interested in Akan and Sachiel. Something about them really stood out to me. I just tend to lean towards more darkish characters, I guess. I'm also curious about the blood mage - just their race in general and of course the Blood Mage's character too... Mind enlightening me, or is that a bit too much, haha? (@^◡^)
I wrote that she used to be an incubus which is the term for male succubus, also just because she is a "side character" doesn't mean she isn't important to the story, for example Selene, the twins' mother is very interesting as a character and has a dark past which can be explored in the twins' personal quests, Crystal is the only demon lord who wasn't defeated, she encased herself in a crystal and now she is planning a great scheme to destroy her former masters, she is like the mastermind of this story, her background and the things you can find about her are very interesting and she is also the one who saves your character in the darkest hour, I called them side characters only because they aren't protagonists or love interests but they are actually very important, there will be "unimportant NPC", I planned a mission for one which was inspired by one of my teachers, a dark elf girl was contacted by her father, a demon, she blamed her mother for how she has been treated because she was born like this(dark elves are a hybrid of demons and elves with demon blood) even if her mother actually wanted to have her and loved her, you can help her make her choice and you can do this not by telling her what to do (teens never do what you tell them) but by putting things in perspective for her (she was conceived during the war which was 100 years ago in the game but pure elves and dark elves can live for a very long time), also the blood mages are like vampires but worse in way, they don't need blood to survive, they need it for their rituals and spells, the one you meet is one who doesn't take it by force or by kidnapping orphans and keeping them in cellar collecting their blood 'til their eventual death, he "buys" it from people who are willing to donate it, he wants to change the ways of the other mages, and show how his magic isn't evil, in his mission you can find The graal of blood which is an in infinite source of blood or kill the cult of the blood mages so he can be able to continue his practice, he one of the few kind character, as kind as someone can be in a dangerous world like the one in this game.

BlueDiamond

#6 Post by BlueDiamond »

Dryads are entities who are linked to a sacred tree, they are usually benevolent but can be easily angered, harming their trees is like stabbing them, so even if cutting a tree doesn't seem like a big thing for us it's the vilest thing for them, Akan is actually the only dryad who could live with his tree burnt, the reason is how he was conceived which is a mystery for him, you can help him find about his past and bring back his people. The snow elves are a rare type of elves, they live near the North Pole and have few to none interaction with other races, they are few in number and haven't been seen in decades, Sachiel is trying to find them and his family and how he got frozen in the first place is something even he wouldn't believe... sorry, I re-read your reply and noticed you also asked about their races

BlueDiamond

#7 Post by BlueDiamond »

I decided to make Crystal quite an important character, but it won't be shown in this novel, I will make another novel, a kinetic one, to show her past, her mistakes, her development and even her love life in detail which is a better option than adding all of this as a flashback because I wouldn't be able to include everything in the main novel so I opted for this. That novel will offer insight about every race in the main novel the conflict which happen during the war and answers for many questions because she was the one who managed to decimate the world, but in the end she fell in love unexpectedly... and she paid for it... All of this will show her reasons for helping the twins and her actions behind the curtains..

BlueDiamond

#8 Post by BlueDiamond »

Just a small update: I might probably make 2 LIs I haven't finished writing yet(the bxb and gxb ones) bisexual and available for both twins and make Terra the asexual route, I thought it would be fair since the mermen always appears in act 1 but Terra is until the end of the game and also few asexual LIs appear in games, what do you think?

IvoryOwl

#9 Post by IvoryOwl »

I recognize Akan and the mix-match armor he's wearing *cough* Guild Wars 2 *cough*. :P

BlueDiamond

#10 Post by BlueDiamond »

IvoryOwl wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 am I recognize Akan and the mix-match armor he's wearing *cough* Guild Wars 2 *cough*. :P
Yeah, I made him similar to my avatar but I'll change more about his aspect, also the characters will have other sprites in act 3.