Metadream ComPlex - finally finished and polished

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Dream wish (ugh lame title -_-')

#16 Post by papillon »

It was a cute little diversion, although personally I found some of the music tracks distractingly irritating, especially the first one (but hey, that's what controls are for, so I can turn the sound off!)

There's a lot of little ways it could use polishing, including (obviously) being checked over for language problems. However, I think the most helpful thing for the game would be to consider clearer displays of who is talking at any point in time. An interested viewer can overlook little problems like less-than-perfect visuals and sound or a text mistake here and there, but if the viewer gets mixed up about what's actually happening, that's more problematic.

(Also, am I misremembering, or did the text describe the tentacles as green before they were revealed to be purple?)

neowired
Regular

#17 Post by neowired »

(Also, am I misremembering, or did the text describe the tentacles as green before they were revealed to be purple?)
nop, it's certainly there and it's certainly an error, thanks for pointing it out, I'll be sure to fix it somehow.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Wintermoon »

Cute, and surprisingly erotic for a non-hentai VN with minimal artwork. Some typos/misspellings/grammar errors.

I think this VN would have worked better if the end was shortened. The scenes written from the perspective of the sister and the creature don't really add anything to the story except exposition, and too much exposition robs the story of its mystery.

neowired
Regular

Re: Dream ComPlex v2

#19 Post by neowired »

Last edited by neowired on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

This game is a kinetic novel right? Meaning no choice and only one ending. But I can't unlock any picture in the gallery. It always locked.

javabean420

#21 Post by javabean420 »

mugenjohncel wrote:
JQuartz wrote:
where the main character was playing with the tentacles,[/
quote]
[/quote]
TENTACLES....... where? Where?? OH on the game.....damn....... eh guess i have to stay with animated tentacles until someone can install some for me :D

neowired
Regular

#22 Post by neowired »

LVUER wrote:This game is a kinetic novel right? Meaning no choice and only one ending. But I can't unlock any picture in the gallery. It always locked.
meaning the gallery is broken though it worked for me, oh well

only one ending for now though maybe it'll change in the future if I decide to grow it a bit more, as I do have some ideas what else I could do with it

is the text any good though? i rewrote it in the second version and i really need some opinions on it
javabean420 wrote: TENTACLES....... where? Where?? OH on the game.....damn....... eh guess i have to stay with animated tentacles until someone can install some for me :D
tentacles are pretty awesome, they wriggle and grow from under your bed... or was that my bed?

neowired
Regular

Re: Metadream ComPlex v0.2

#23 Post by neowired »

Well guys, that's it, I finished the thing once more. I want to sell it but I don't really see any way how to do it. And I haven't made a demo yet (but yes the game is finished and polished :3).
I rewrote it, added content, multiple choices and 7 endings (and another character as well), some music and oh, lots of eye candy. It looks pretty cool now.
Also, i remade the form, overall. Changed it from just "novel" form into a mix of novel and "normal"

And it's the first time I'm actually posting some screenshots to show off a bit XD damn I deserve it.

What started inspired by Saya no uta

And what is this game about?
It's an escapist fantasy about loosing touch with reality and finding love ; p

Really hard to say how long this thing is right now, but I think about 1-2 hours perhaps, maybe more

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#24 Post by papillon »

I want to sell it but I don't really see any way how to do it.
DLsite? (Assuming it's still a bit too pervy for my normal site to carry it. :) )

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#25 Post by PyTom »

Although I don't know what I'm getting into, I actually want to play this. I hope it's put up somewhere soon.

(Does it make sense to move this thread to Works in Progress, and put another thread here when it's actually available?)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

neowired
Regular

#26 Post by neowired »

papillon wrote:
I want to sell it but I don't really see any way how to do it.
DLsite? (Assuming it's still a bit too pervy for my normal site to carry it. :) )
I'd rate it between pg 13 and pg 16
but it's a weird mix of elements, you could say it's somewhat (though not much) ecchi, that would be a good way to describe it, but it deals with ideas like suicide/death and what you could think of a somewhat destructive content (even if not in a completely serious way)

neowired
Regular

#27 Post by neowired »

PyTom wrote:Although I don't know what I'm getting into, I actually want to play this. I hope it's put up somewhere soon.

(Does it make sense to move this thread to Works in Progress, and put another thread here when it's actually available?)
Actually I wasn't sure myself where to put it. I'd just make a new thread but there is this old one so I posted here. If you feel like moving it for now please do so

sorry for the double post

I'm checking dlsite now, the game would most like rate as "R" that's 15 above
The antisocial behavior part, that's troublesome though. I'm not sure if that novel is antisocial or not.
If you'd ask me, escapism is pretty antisocial ; p

neowired
Regular

#28 Post by neowired »

Here is a short demo, downloadable from the first post

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/downlo ... hp?id=5643

Still not sure how to sell the thing, I'm considering dlsite, but If someone is interested and wants to bother with paypal, I'm up for sending it individually. The price I'm thinking about is 10$
Any comments?

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#29 Post by mysterialize »

neowired wrote:Here is a short demo, downloadable from the first post

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/downlo ... hp?id=5643

Still not sure how to sell the thing, I'm considering dlsite, but If someone is interested and wants to bother with paypal, I'm up for sending it individually. The price I'm thinking about is 10$
Any comments?
I haven't played the demo yet, but if you want my honest opinion, without having any knowledge about the game's quality, I would have to say that selling this game without any past history of published VNs probably won't gain you much. You may be able to make a couple dollars off of the people who you've gained a small following from, but it's probably not going to make you any serious profit.

If anything, asking money for it will just draw away people who would otherwise be interested. People don't know what to expect of you or your games yet.

Having a demo does partially make up for it, but, even if you're going that route, you should probably do some serious advertising first. Even if there is something for people to base your game making abilities off of, people will most likely see the word "commercial" before they see "demo".

The best route would probably be to make this game free, advertise it like crazy, gain a following through it, then start making commercial games. That way you can make some real, reliable money off of it.

Not that I have any experience with making commercial games myself. It's just that, as someone who's looking at this game, it seems like the most profitable route to take.

That aside, I'm definitely going to download the demo. It looks pretty interesting in general.

neowired
Regular

#30 Post by neowired »

I haven't played the demo yet, but if you want my honest opinion, without having any knowledge about the game's quality, I would have to say that selling this game without any past history of published VNs probably won't gain you much. You may be able to make a couple dollars off of the people who you've gained a small following from, but it's probably not going to make you any serious profit.
I wasn't expecting to make any big profit with it to begin with. I'm still debating if I shouldn't do it in a "please donate" sort of form. But I want to prove a point that I can make some money on it, even if it isn't much. I already know some people who declared they will buy it if I make it possible to be bought ; p. Also I'm after some multimedia and marketing courses, and studying sociology right now, so you can say I know a lot about troubles with making people buy stuff, at least the theory. My problem is I was never one for any sort of bureaucracy, registering myself with authority, filling papers, I fail at such things completely.