Bi-Curious!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
T4R4F13D
Projects: BiCurious, The 4 Years Prologue Series
Organization: Hopeshot
Tumblr: tarafyingcarrot

Bi-Curious!

#1 Post by T4R4F13D »

I was thinking of making a cutesy game about discovering your sexuality. Just four datable characters, a not-too-serious plotline, and a few hours of gameplay per route is what I was thinking. Would anybody be interested in a game like this? A lot of my current inspiration is from Dream Daddy, I love the idea of exploring different sexualities for different groups of people.

I want the game, at some point, to feature:
Gender selection
Name selection
Voice acting (?)
A gallery
CG's
Mini games (?)

Any feedback at all would be helpful, I will be working on Bi-Curious independently. All things considered, thank you for reading my post, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

#uploaded from mobile, sorry if it comes out as text blocks!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Bi-Curious!

#2 Post by Zelan »

I'd be down. We need more cute games about discovering sexuality, in my opinion.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Bi-Curious!

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

T4R4F13D wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 amI was thinking of making a cutesy game about discovering your sexuality. Just four datable characters, a not-too-serious plotline, and a few hours of gameplay per route is what I was thinking.
That sounds like a good start. A couple things to think about...

* How choices will work in the story. Do they represent the protagonist figuring out who they are?
* Who the protag interacts with. Why would these people be interesting as friends or love interests? What are their fears and aspirations? Who are they when they're alone?
* How to avoid "cheap imitation" syndrome. Write some examples of stories you've read that seemed like a watered-down knockoff of something better. Then think about what you can do that's different. I think it's wise to create a story that reflects who you are, rather than a couple things that you currently enjoy.
T4R4F13D wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 amGender selection
Name selection
Voice acting (?)
A gallery
CG's
Mini games (?)
Only include as much content as you can handle. Focus on finishing your core story. After it's done, then think about extra content which you can add.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure