On the Rail

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
M12
Veteran

On the Rail

#1 Post by M12 »

Kendra has the ability to foresee the future. As people fear her powers, she has never been able to make any friends. Kendra's sister, Adelphine, vowed to keep her safe. However, as peer pressure mounts, Adelphine begins to struggle. Kendra believes she's destined to be lonely. Is there no way to change this?

On the Rail is a VN we're developing at VJutsu. Ameet Sharma's composing the soundtrack. I'm currently communicating with several voice actresses. Why? We hope to compile an audio drama series as a prequel. Please look forward to it.

Anyway, here're some rough/prototype designs:

I gave On the Rail its own category on the site. You can find extra info there, such as the design process. Here's the URL:

http://vjutsu.com/?cat=202

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

Re: On the Rail

#2 Post by Watercolorheart »

Very nice, looks promising! Hope something comes of it! :lol:
I'm not even the same person anymore

M12
Veteran

#3 Post by M12 »

Thanks heaps BCS.

Ameet has been kind enough to compose soundtracks for the upcoming audio drama. He posted an entry about the composition process. I just wanted to share it here:

http://vjutsu.com/?p=874

We've found voice actresses for Kendra and Adelphine at last. That's exciting. They'll be introducing themselves soon. So, please anticipate it :D.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#4 Post by maselphie »

By chance, is this GxB? ^^
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#5 Post by Asceai »

maselphie wrote:By chance, is this GxB? ^^
By chance, is this GxG? :D

EDIT: ARGH, no it's not (I just checked the website). Male protagonist >_>

M12
Veteran

#6 Post by M12 »

Maselphie, thanks for your interest in this projecet. Asceai, it's nice seeing you on LSF ;).

I tried to incorporate romance in the tale. However, theres already enough plot. I wasn't able to force any love elements into this. There could be hints, but that's about it. The focus is on the bond between Kendra and Adelphine. Hey, that counts as a relationship too, right? NOT yuri :).

Besides, wouldn't it be unusual for a college student to pursue someone in junior high (Kendra)?

Many thanks.

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

#7 Post by maselphie »

Oh, that's sweet. :)
I very much like character development by itself, romance is not required for me. And it sounds like you have a pretty solid story line. So, I'm interested in playing when it is released.
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

M12
Veteran

#8 Post by M12 »

Maselphie, thanks very much for your interest.

The intro voice clip for Adelphine is up. You can listen to it here:

http://vjutsu.com/?p=903

I'm sure Dani will do a fantastic VA job. So, please be supportive :). Thanks tons.

Ramidel
Regular

#9 Post by Ramidel »

M12 wrote:Maselphie, thanks for your interest in this projecet. Asceai, it's nice seeing you on LSF ;).

I tried to incorporate romance in the tale. However, theres already enough plot. I wasn't able to force any love elements into this. There could be hints, but that's about it. The focus is on the bond between Kendra and Adelphine. Hey, that counts as a relationship too, right? NOT yuri :).

Besides, wouldn't it be unusual for a college student to pursue someone in junior high (Kendra)?
I assure you, most of us on the site would not blink twice to see that happen in a VN.

electric
Regular

#10 Post by electric »

The story seems definitely interesting. A vn I'm looking forward to checking out. On the graphics side, I'd say your design are pretty good, the style is nice and personal, the coloring is good. I think that the designs' appeal is hindered by a proportion problem though, unless that's the look you're going for.

M12
Veteran

#11 Post by M12 »

Haha, Ramidel, you are right XD.

Electric, thanks for the kind comments. About the proportion thing, it's not really a style. I'm just not very good :P.

Megan Socal kindly offered to voice Kendra in the upcoming On the Rail audio drama. She’s young and hopes to earn more acting experience. Please be supportive.

The clip is available here:
http://vjutsu.com/?p=938

Thank you very much.

M12
Veteran

#12 Post by M12 »

Just wanted to announce that I've opened a mini site for On the Rail. Please feel free to check it out:

http://vjutsu.com/on_the_rail/site/main.swf

I'll be working on the audio drama this weekend. Please look forward to it!

Oh, and hey, we're planning to compose a few songs for this project. Is there anyone who's keen on writing some lyrics? If so, please drop a word. Thanks heaps.

M12
Veteran

#13 Post by M12 »

At last, we're done with the first segment of On the Rail's audio drama!

Kendra’s mother passed away after giving birth to her. The father plans to run away. He’s afraid of Kendra’s abnormal, crimson eyes. How will Adelphine react?

Download the clip here:
http://vjutsu.com/on_the_rail/audio_drama/otr_stop1.mp3

A big thanks to everyone who participated in this project. Though each episode is short, there’s a bit of work gone behind it. So, hopefully you’ll enjoy the drama, and please anticipate the next episode. Thanks!

M12
Veteran

#14 Post by M12 »

Hello everyone. I just made a post about On the Rail's art development process. If you're interested, please feel free to have a look:

http://vjutsu.com/?p=982

That's all, really. Thanks! I hope you're all enjoying your Easter break.

M12
Veteran

#15 Post by M12 »

Hello all. We're hoping to have a theme song for On the Rail. The music has been composed. However, we don't have lyrics. I'm no good at writing songs, and I'm wondering if anyone would be keen on helping out. If so, please drop a message here. I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks heaps!