Have you ever thought about VN based on Legue of Legends?!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Katsukiru
Deviantart: huksly

Have you ever thought about VN based on Legue of Legends?!

#1 Post by Katsukiru »

So I've had this idea for quite a while now. I haven't seen any visual novel that was about lore of the game rather than just dating sim or straight up hentai game. I'm just a big fan of LoL but it's not like that there is a ton of vn's based on other games lore. So I wondered if it just not something that people generally want or if it is not something easy to do (because of existing lore of these games) or maybe it's just illegal in most cases. I've checked the situation regarding LoL, and there are no legal constrains other than just making profit out of the game. So what do you think: is the idea of making a visual novel like that viable?
What the game should look like
What I've had in mind is a standart visual novel, maybe with some elements of dating, but it's not gonna be the main focus of the game. Story should have several endings and it would be cool if different routes had different styles of writing (like one route is dark and and maybe mysterious, other is like going through an action movie or something, while other is calm detective story). Main charcter should be the one that doesn't exist in the game so that you'll have freedom to do anything with him/her and the game shouldn't really touch major events in the games lore as once again it's not wise to change things like outcome of the war between Noxus and Demacia (in case of LoL). Other game features that I could think of are in game resources that interact with the choices you make (like ammo - you choose to shoot a gun and thus you spend 1 bullet), 2 playable charcters that exist in each other story (for example you choose character A and then you meet and interact with character B throughout the storyline and vise versa), characters from the game should exist and influence the story heavily but there shouldn't be much of the change to them lorewise.
The plot
About the story. I really believe the best place for the story is Piltover. Thats the area that has one of the most content already done in the sense of the lore, the area is in the steampunk setting with a fair share of magic involved, and characters that exist in Pilotver (and Zaun that is basically underneath Piltover) are well-known. My idea for the story would be that the protagonist comes to Piltover from a long journey somewhere and gets caught up in some crime and the story continues from there. I guess it's mainly a detective one but still it shouldn't be really tied to it. There should be a place for drama and romance and frienship, mystreies and etc..
So does it have any chance...
Well, thats what I have for now, and I'm curious if this is something that people actually want to play and need or is it just a bad idea to create such game in the first place. I myself am an artist and I can just say that the chosen place for the story is good with the scenery, setting and characters, but will people actually want to play it? I'm really curious about your opinion about this matter, so feel free to give any feedback or ask any questions if you have some.