Seraphine: Into the Wind

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
JamesH
Regular
Projects: Friends Or More

Re: Seraphine: Into the Wind (RPG) - w/Demo

#151 Post by JamesH »

Thanks for explaining :)
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:
http://jhvisualnovels.blogspot.com/

Celestine
Veteran

#152 Post by Celestine »

I'm playing it right now.
I love the introduction story. It's unbelievable. Is it a true storyline from a fable from somewhere? I'd like to find and read it myself.
The scene with the falling leaves feel nostalgic and calming.
WHO is that guy she tried to stab??? I really want to know does it have to do with the ancient story?
You made me too curious about it, I hope it's in the game later when I continue playing it.
I like the preference that was added about turning the RPG on and off. Even though the option for it isn't in the demo. I really like the idea since I'm not a really big fan of RPG but I still like adventure novels. And I also like the choice of turning it on if I feel like playing RPG verz.

Your sprite is realistic in her free nature. She sucks me in as if I'm her herself.
The gentlemen are interesting. Your choices reminds me of Date Warp playing style of the dislike-like bar meter.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#153 Post by Aleema »

Hello! The option to turn the battles off and on (and hard/easy) was at the beginning of the game. I maaaay not include it in the options screen, since enemies will likely get harder as the game progresses, and having the default chars may be useless. ^^;

Anyway, glad you find it so intriguing. The ancient fable is just by me. Seraphine is actually just one story of 4 that I planned on writing. Together, they will all explore the ancient fable since it concerns the whole world. So, yes, expect Seraphine to really only breach the country it starts in, since the other stories will be based in the other countries.

Thank you for playing!

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#154 Post by ririruetoo »

I just finished the demo and I have to say it was very VERY entertaining. Please say you're planning on releasing a full game? Even if its not free, I will surely buy it ( which is rare I almost never buy commerical games) and right now I'm even planning on playing the demo again for the fun of it ( which is even rarer). I hope you haven't abandoned this game ( if you did, I'm going to be forced to bug you for the rest of your days).
ImageImageImage

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#155 Post by Aleema »

You liked it? Really? :oops: With all these great games around, who'd like this thing? I feel like I'm making it more just for myself sometimes. Thanks for dropping a nice line about it, though! No, I definitely definitely want to be working on this.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#156 Post by ririruetoo »

People don't like it? Really? I thought it was very fun, I'm even planning on telling my friends about it. It sort of reminds me of a book I would really enjoy reading...But then I've always been into fantasy type settings. Oh! I was very shocked when I found out the captain of the thieves was a woman....I'm not sure WHY exactly, but I was. So yeah, once you finish Rock Robin and began working on this again, I'll totally support you! ( Hopefully it won't be too long in coming...) Your other project sounds really interesting too, the I found him by the Lake one? It reminds me of a anime or manga I would enjoy....So yeah! (^_^)
ImageImageImage

darinenelle

#157 Post by darinenelle »

When will this be finished? Or is it already?

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#158 Post by ririruetoo »

@darinelle
It's not finished, the creator is working on another project right now ( Rock Robin) and will hopefully get along to it when RR is finished.
ImageImageImage

Celestine
Veteran

#159 Post by Celestine »

Ahh I was finally able to get to it and finished it. I was closer to the end then I thought. Nooo!! Now I really want to know what happens next?!
This game was spellbinding.
Too many unanswered questions. You made Ere so mysterious.
sigh (Now its going to be stuck in my head eheh)

Well anyway still gotta say the falling leaves is still my favorite scene.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Mihwa

#160 Post by Mihwa »

I can't wait for this to be released. It's so much fun.
(And so is Rock Robin!)

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#161 Post by cosmo »

As I think you won't get money for it this is just a motivation: Thank you for doing it! :)
I played both now the demo of Rock Robin and Seraphine and had already a lot of fun even with the stuff that is now there!

I didn't know where to start – and put it here because Seraphine was the last demo that I played.

In Seraphine I was surprised by the complexity of the background story like others before. It overcharged me a bit with all theses infos but: Please take this as a compliment: As far as I can see the games you are working on have the possibility to be played more than once, so every bit that will not be read or understood during the first attempt will make the joy of the play longer at the next try! :) Personally I love such things!

There were many details that I enjoyed! Among them the sound design (in both games), how you set your tasks in scene, also graphics and story details. It was completely enjoyable.

I hope you will still find enough long term power to release your games! :)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#162 Post by Aleema »

Hey, that post was really nice of you. It's definitely given me a push to continue on my games, which I have been very much neglecting. And for some reason, I don't get the impression that people much like Seraphine, so it was really nice to see you go out of your way to tell me that's not exactly so.

There is indeed a back story to just about everything, since the world has kinda been in the back of my mind since I was 12. But yes ... I did dump a lot of things that are just natural to me onto the player who is just learning it all. A lot of name-dropping and such. =\ I understand, I get caught up in that info dump for other games, too. But I'm glad to see someone looks on it as a positive thing. And I totally do like things that puts things into perspective upon replay -- I liked that about DA2 so much. Going back and just understanding. If I can achieve anything like that, I'll be satisfied.

And thank you for mentioning the sound design. That's a pleasure of mine and I'm glad it gets noticed. :)
Thank you!

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#163 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Ohh! I see now, it's not finished :O well in that case, please take your time and I do hope you get the chance to finish it ^.^ It was absolutely beautiful, probably the best I've ever played...I really want to know what happens next!! ^.^

Musashi
Regular
Projects: Yesoidos

#164 Post by Musashi »

Wow. Great backstory, beautiful artwork! The background sounds make this sound really professional! Most of all, though, this was a lot of fun to play.

I'm really glad I discovered this. Thank you so much!

I just have a few suggestions about the glossary:
Could you make the glossary accessible at any time, and not just whenever a link appears in the text? (Also, could you tell me how to code links like that?)
The glossary is generally great, except that sometimes there are bits that look a bit choppy. As if there was some heavy editing, and fragments were cut and pasted, leaving incomplete sentences and ideas behind. It needs a bit more smoothing over.

Overall though, it looks awesome. Keep it up!
(Work in progress)

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#165 Post by DragoonHP »

... ...

Wow... what a game...

A really good deviation from the usual light-hearted romance novels...
From the start the game captures the player's interest... let it be the wonderful GUI, the intriguing and mysterious gameplay or the starting intro animation or the RPG feature... heck, even the background music almost felt like using it any other place would be an insult...

I'm not good with words, so I'll just say that I hope to play a complete version of Seraphine: Into the Wind and please stop, criticising the game; it's a piece of art... with a unique story (at least for me...) and admirable music and graphics...
Aleema wrote:And for some reason, I don't get the impression that people much like Seraphine, so it was really nice to see you go out of your way to tell me that's not exactly so.
Well... the only people who won't like this game are the ones who can't handle a VN in it's truest form and the people who hate tactical game play... I mean, this is one of few games which have it's own world, it's own culture and heck it's own language... and for the matter of fact I know, it's really hard to create something like that...

And lastly, please, please, plase make sure that this game sees light...

EDIT:
Aleema wrote:The ancient fable is just by me. Seraphine is actually just one story of 4 that I planned on writing. Together, they will all explore the ancient fable since it concerns the whole world. So, yes, expect Seraphine to really only breach the country it starts in, since the other stories will be based in the other countries.
So... correct me if I'm wrong, but will there be a story for every elemnt... (maybe like Seraphine represents wind and etc)...