furry detective vn! (mystery, furry)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: furry detective vn! (mystery, furry)

#1 Post by fleet »

I think it's a novel idea, and while I can't draw, I like your art.
While I don't care for furries, I like detective stories. Don't worry about whether anyone has 'interest' in your idea, go ahead and make it. Some people will read it, some won't. I hope you have fun making your visual novel.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#2 Post by Zelan »

Clara looks like a sweetheart. I think it's cool that your protagonist has a different motivation for solving problems - a lot of detective stories have more jaded, cynical protagonists. This looks like it could be a really nice change of piece. c:

afternath
Projects: Paeton Kissing Sim
Tumblr: after-nath
Deviantart: afternath

#3 Post by afternath »

She's totally a cutie, I'd check it out for sure!
Remember to drink your cactus juice!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Zelan »

Nay wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 pm Thanks guys! ^^ That makes me happy to hear. I'm going to try working on it!

All I need now is to write a compelling mystery. Which is of course the most difficult part. Hm...
I'm by no means an experienced writer, but the advice I typically hear is to make it so that everyone (or at least, more than one person) has the possible motivation and ability to commit the crime. That way, it's not too obvious who the culprit is. c:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Zelan »

Your art style is really gorgeous! I love the CG test.

I like the worldbuilding, too! I don't know enough about Ace Attorney to give you any suggestions, but I like the societal ideals that you have listed. c:

afternath
Projects: Paeton Kissing Sim
Tumblr: after-nath
Deviantart: afternath

#6 Post by afternath »

Unfortunately I don't know anything about AA so I can't give advice there, but I find the lore real interesting so far! I think you've got something solid here. :)
Remember to drink your cactus juice!

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#7 Post by arachni42 »

That is some very cute artwork! So adorbs. I like the idea of the world, too; it seems compelling so far. I don't know the plot of AA either, but being influenced by things isn't bad as long as you do it your own way.

My personal approach at this stage is to brainstorm a lot of possible ideas about the world, the characters, and the plot. This is to avoid any risk of getting stuck on just the first idea I think of. (Any first ideas that were good, will still be good in comparison to other brainstormed ideas. But sometimes you come up with something even better.) If I'm not generating enough ideas, I generate questions, like what kind of background the main character has. (Her mother was a murderer is a good answer, for example, that has interesting implications for the kind of person she might be.) Good luck!
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Horma
Regular

#8 Post by Horma »

Hi!

I like the idea. Are you going to have the species affect the personality of the characters? Also, you could have moments where Clara starts doubting her beliefs (without making the game into a statement about religion, of course).

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Zelan »

Nay wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 pmThank you, I'd been low-key worried that my artwork would be offputting :lol: But I'm glad people find it cute.
gOD your art is the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I like seeing updates to this thread because it gives me an excuse to come back and look again. cx

Horma
Regular

#10 Post by Horma »

Well, I don't think racial discrimination would be a fresh theme to tackle in a furry story, but I was thinking more along the lines of different species having different harmless quirks. Like what foods they like, how their houses look like etc. Of course, there could always be characters that don't really fit the stereotypes of their species. But if they are actually all the same species (as in, they can all have families together) and just happen to have physical traits from different animals, it would be best to avoid this kind of classifications. It's up to you :-)