Would You Play This? [Murder/Mystery]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DiamondDust132
Organization: Team Requiem
itch: team-requiem

Would You Play This? [Murder/Mystery]

#1 Post by DiamondDust132 »

An idea I suddenly got after drinking too much coffee. Would anyone here be interested in such a game?

You are a writer of mystery novels that has sold millions of copies. You are considered one of the best authors in the world and know your way around a murder better than most serial killers. However, you have never seen anything you've written about in the flesh. You've gained notoriety thanks to your steadfast research and resources. All that is about to change.

Your fiance is Ken Maxwell, one of the world's biggest stars in the world of movies. You two have a loving relationship and hoped to start a big family one day.

All that changes when you are visiting the set of an adaptation of one of your novels "Secrets In The Shade." Ken was ironically tasked with playing the lead character, and you go to the set to see the progress of the movie. That's when disaster strikes. You and the film crew discover Ken murdered in his trailer with the knife still through his ribcage.

It's like one of your novels come to life.

Distraught, you set to solve the murder yourself using your expertise as an author. You quickly identify four suspects:

The overbearing director.

The female lead that was going to star opposite of Ken and a person you have some bad blood with.

The quiet but strangely twitchy cameraman.

And...you.

Although you would never dream of doing something so horrible, all the clues seem to point to you as the killer. The police believe so as well and are intent on nailing you for the crime. And...they're closing in fast. You estimate you don't have even more than a day to clear your name. Someone is obviously framing you, but who?

In order to avoid going to jail, avenging Ken's death, and finding the real killer, you must work quickly. Can you find enough evidence to save your skin?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Would You Play This? [Murder/Mystery]

#2 Post by Zelan »

The "mystery novelist turned detective" is an awful lot like the premise of the show Castle. Otherwise, though, it's a pretty interesting idea. I'd probably play it if I liked the art and characters and such.

DiamondDust132
Organization: Team Requiem
itch: team-requiem

#3 Post by DiamondDust132 »

Never seen Castle so that's an interesting coincidence. Thanks for the feedback.

sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

#4 Post by sorabokki »

I, too, thought of Castle read when I read your premise. I am a *HUGE* fan of Castle. One of my favorite TV shows. That said, if you made the personalities and characteristics of the cast unique and very "real," I'm sure this idea would be quite the hit! I love mystery/thriller. ^ ^

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#5 Post by Kinjo »

Sounds like a solid setup for a murder mystery. Go for it!