A raw idea for a multi-route KN [Mystery, Murder, Drama]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Opappi

A raw idea for a multi-route KN [Mystery, Murder, Drama]

#1 Post by Opappi »

An owner of a small bar who likes darts. He hears all sorts of things from customers and co-workers alike, whether he wanted it or not. No matter the info, the bartender is someone you can spill all your secrets and worries onto. Right?

A security guard who curses her simplistic and boring life. The one thing she can do well is the ability to rough people up. In the stale boredom, she bumps into an individual who turns out to be a lot more dangerous then your average drunk fellow.

A city councilor. A man of class and dirty tricks. A man who cannot stoop low enough by any measure. Looking through his glass panorama windows at the top floor of the council office, his machinations have gone unaccounted for as long as they have due to a variety of reasons.

A police detective. A person who knows how to silently be more threatening than a thousand knives to a man's throat. Wits, logic and a set of ice-cold nerves keep him searching for answers which end up linking the most unexpected people together...

In Shacklers.

Each character would tell their own perspective of the same storyline. Four stories within a story, if you will.

The four stories link into one big picture, each route filling in the blanks from another. From tracking down possible serial killers to closing down shop after the last salaryman has finished his evening's final vodka glass - from looking at the night sky while standing at a club door checking IDs to sitting in the best seat of the concert hall listening to a serene performance without a worry in the world.

Explore the natures behind the characters and read your way through a tangled red thread which is splintered into four separate thin threads.

Would it work, and if not, what could be improved or changed?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: A raw idea for a multi-route KN [Mystery, Murder, Drama]

#2 Post by Zelan »

I think it could work, for sure. Telling the same story from multiple perspectives is a really great convention, in my opinion. I like your characters, especially the security guard.

Opappi

#3 Post by Opappi »

Zelan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 am I think it could work, for sure. Telling the same story from multiple perspectives is a really great convention, in my opinion. I like your characters, especially the security guard.
What seemed interesting about her to you? I know it's a lot to ask with this little information, but any and all opinions regarding the characters are welcome at this point :)

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#4 Post by arachni42 »

Opappi wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:21 pm
Zelan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 am I think it could work, for sure. Telling the same story from multiple perspectives is a really great convention, in my opinion. I like your characters, especially the security guard.
What seemed interesting about her to you? I know it's a lot to ask with this little information, but any and all opinions regarding the characters are welcome at this point :)
I agree with Zelan, and I think all the characters sound interesting. It isn't a lot of information, but you seem to be going for characters that may seem a certain way, but there are unexpected things you learn about them along the way. I think that's a good way to set up interest. I like the bartender because I wonder what it is he does with all those juicy secrets. ;)
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Opappi

#5 Post by Opappi »

arachni42 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:48 am
I agree with Zelan, and I think all the characters sound interesting. It isn't a lot of information, but you seem to be going for characters that may seem a certain way, but there are unexpected things you learn about them along the way. I think that's a good way to set up interest. I like the bartender because I wonder what it is he does with all those juicy secrets. ;)
I'll be updating this thread as I develop the characters and the plot. This was just a little something that I wanted to put out here as a basis for what's to come. Eventually, *someday*, I might even have the base to put this idea to the WIP thread. Someday. :)
Maybe the fellow behind the counter stores them into his storybank to tell to other customers, maybe he doesn't listen at all, maybe he has something more going on behind the scenes. Who knows ;)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

Partially because she's the only girl, and partially because I like reading about characters who are dissatisfied with their current situations.