Would you be interested in this VN?

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
KouhaiChan
Regular
Projects: He Heard Me
Deviantart: KouhaiChan1
Soundcloud: KouhaiChan

Would you be interested in this VN?

#1 Post by KouhaiChan »

HI ALL!
Thanks for taking your time to look at this post.
I came up with a idea for a VN after going through Charon's games and Doki Doki Lit Club. I was thinking of making a VN where the mc has amnesia and wakes up in a hospital bed. The main characters will be three girls and the suspicious doctor. The doctor is actually using you as a test subject to see how far people will go for the sake of their distorted vision of "love". Three girls will visit you on separate days to claim that your their girlfriend. It would be something like this:

(girl 1) Claims: That your her lover, and been going out since middle school, and has been childhood friends as well. Acts familiar and gentle.
Secret: Actually has only been a childhood friend, nothing more. :cry:
Insecurity: Hates her own family because they tell her to go to a therapist because of her depression. Her depression formed in middle school when she asked the mc out but mc rejected her. She takes advantage of mc's amnesia and is delusional, allowing herself to really believe that she has been going out with you since middle school. :|
(girl 2) Claims: That you her lover, and have been going out only since a few days ago. Later on you discover she is an model, but she claims its for a fashion magazine. Acts rowdy and funny/weird. :lol:
Secret: She actually models for something like Playboy magazine or something dirty (idk yet) and doesn't want the mc to think that she's a impure girl and tries to hide it. She also stalked the mc, thats why she makes up that they have been only going out since recently (bc mc asks for pics for proof) and doesn't want to scare him away. :shock:
Insecurity: She actually sold her body to become a model, when she was recruited she thought it was for a fashion magazine but it really wasn't and got raped. (This shit is real in japan when they scout for girls on harajuku streets and stuff) She ended up being blackmailed into modeling for that magazine. She doesn't want the mc to know and puts up a mask.
(girl 3) Claims: Your her lover, and that your actually engaged to her. She claims that you met at work, and that you guys have been dating since the start of college. Acts like a nice, polite girl. :o
Secret: She's insanely jealous of any girl that is close to him and has an inferiority complex. She thinks the only way to get what she wants is through force. She ends up killing mc's sister bc jealousy... :oops:
Insecurity: Inferiority complex, and is also very mindful of what others think of her, and is judgemental of others as well.
(Doc) if you end up not maintaining enough points with her, you will end up dead somehow. (idk she a mad doc) (kinda like the doc from mad father) 8)

The game will be called Project Mercurial, and basically whatever girl route you pick, you have to save her from insanity (becoming a fully fledged yandere) and help her with her problems like her insecurity. If you don't... you get chopped :)
Idk tell me if that sounds interesting and if I should go for it. I actually did start on it and made some sprites (one in my pfp) and stuff, coding too. I also started on a menu screen that looks really nice so far.
Bottomline:
Would you be interested in trying the game if there was a demo?
Does the concept sound interesting and not overly complex?
Does the concept even make sense? :| (I'm like kinda drunk rn lol)
Would you be willing to pay like a dollar for this game if it was like 3-4 hours? (I like short yandere games like Charon's)
And also any recommendations or add-ons to the plot is welcome, and any comments as well. I can take any critism, don't mind my feelings and just tell me if its shit or not :lol: lol ok bye
edit: btw this will be my first vn with no initial coding experience, but then again i just started digitally drawing as well. :) Anyway I will work on it until it is a professional project that is worth the money, and actually fully functionable. It won't be crap, is what I'm getting at. I like to challenge myself :)
edit 2: And i wanna keep my yandere concept cause I love yanderes and some good ol' gore. So yea it'll have some horror in it of course lul

Potato0095
Regular
Projects: LoveCraft
itch: potato95

Re: Would you be interested in this VN?

#2 Post by Potato0095 »

I'm looking forward, already on my wishlist. :)
"There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."

Nighten
Regular
Completed: Vincit, Sentiment Enneigés, The Devil took my Candies
Github: NightenDushi
itch: nighten
Discord: Nighten#3081

#3 Post by Nighten »

Bonjour Kouhai!

First, Idon't like Yandere, heavy stuff and horror, so the game isn't for me.
With keeping that in consideration, the concept sound interesting. The only question that come to mind mind is: What's happen to the two others girls when you choose a route?
Do they still visit you? Are they going crazy anyway and you just have to focus on the girl you choose? It's sound really creepy if I'm right, maybe it's a good point :lol:

Like I said, I'm not the public for this kind of themes; But some peoples are obviously interested in!
Make something you like and if it's good you'll find your audience.

For the price, and it's link to your topic on the subject, it's obviously depend on your project scope. But the length is not the only factor: very few peoples will buy your VN if the visual look amateur. If you're going to do it full solo, maybe you can monetize your work with donations (Patreon, free price…); For a team, I think selling the game to customers for a few dollars is a better choice.
To summarize, people will buy if what you offer is good
and not necessarily because it's long

Have a good day, and have fun making stuff!
If you need help with your project, you can hire me as a programmer! :D

Image ImageImage

KouhaiChan
Regular
Projects: He Heard Me
Deviantart: KouhaiChan1
Soundcloud: KouhaiChan

#4 Post by KouhaiChan »

Nighten wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:15 am Bonjour Kouhai!

First, Idon't like Yandere, heavy stuff and horror, so the game isn't for me.
With keeping that in consideration, the concept sound interesting. The only question that come to mind mind is: What's happen to the two others girls when you choose a route?
Do they still visit you? Are they going crazy anyway and you just have to focus on the girl you choose? It's sound really creepy if I'm right, maybe it's a good point :lol:

Like I said, I'm not the public for this kind of themes; But some peoples are obviously interested in!
Make something you like and if it's good you'll find your audience.

For the price, and it's link to your topic on the subject, it's obviously depend on your project scope. But the length is not the only factor: very few peoples will buy your VN if the visual look amateur. If you're going to do it full solo, maybe you can monetize your work with donations (Patreon, free price…); For a team, I think selling the game to customers for a few dollars is a better choice.
To summarize, people will buy if what you offer is good
and not necessarily because it's long

Have a good day, and have fun making stuff!
Lol good point I haven't thought about the other two girls, will probably the two other girls appear not as often, maybe once or twice after the mc confronts them about them lying. And they will come just to visit, and if you respond wrong choices, it will contribute to the bad end, and they all may become crazy. Perhaps in the bad end of the current route you take, one or two of the girls will come back for revenge or something similar. I will definitely keep your pricing advice in mind though :) i can probably ask my friends for help as well, thank you for your post!