I Do Anime Style Cel-Shaded CGs.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Grey
Veteran

#16 Post by Grey »

The style's really cute :D

1, 4, and 6 are my favourites. Nice work :D

Labbit

#17 Post by Labbit »

Thanks. :3 I think 1 is my favorite also.

RedSlash
Veteran

#18 Post by RedSlash »

I see HTML code as well (Mozilla Firefox). I think the main reason for this is that because the included file in your <iframe> tag doesn't have an .html extension, the browser may interpret it as a regular text file. The correct fix would be to rename it to "file.html". If you don't want to rename the file, you should use <object data="file" type="text/html"></object> tag instead of <iframe>.

Edit: And P.S., I like your artwork! I like Zelda as well!

PixelWrangler
Regular

#19 Post by PixelWrangler »

Wow. Very nice. As an anime/manga artist myself, I have to say I'm impressed with the dynamic qualities of your lines and shading, especially having been done digitally. I will definitely keep you in mind for the future.

A few questions:

How "malleable" is your style? That is to say, if you were working with someone else's character designs, would you be able to adapt to meet them at least halfway in terms of style?

And would you be interested in sharing some of your working methodology? I'd be interested to know what software you use and how you use it to get the results shown.

Ganbatte, Labbit!

P.W.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Labbit

#20 Post by Labbit »

PixelWrangler wrote: A few questions:

How "malleable" is your style? That is to say, if you were working with someone else's character designs, would you be able to adapt to meet them at least halfway in terms of style?

And would you be interested in sharing some of your working methodology? I'd be interested to know what software you use and how you use it to get the results shown.
I can adapt to styles really well. X3 I've only been drawing like this for several weeks now, but I can do most any style as long as it isn't too realistic.

I usually just use Photoshop CS, but sometimes I use both Photoshop and Painter IX. I'm not saying exactly how I make them, because I don't want anyone else to draw in this style. =X

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#21 Post by rioka »

Nice artwork Labbit! =)
Labbit wrote:I usually just use Photoshop CS, but sometimes I use both Photoshop and Painter IX. I'm not saying exactly how I make them, because I don't want anyone else to draw in this style. =X
lol Everyone has their secrets. Even I won't reveal everything I know in my tutorials... Anyways, I've decided to try this style - with my own flare of course. ;)

Btw, I got your art submissions Labbit. They'll be up this coming Monday when I usually update the site. =)

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#22 Post by kara24601 »

I'm jealous.
Great art.

Iaman
Regular

#23 Post by Iaman »

Hey Labbit, you're artwork is awesome!

It's gonna be great working side-by-side(sorta) with you on Megaman Z's game! I love your style! It's so simple and graceful, it definately reminds me of Wind Waker. Which is a good thing. It's definately my favorite Zelda game of all time, because of it's grace and beauty and more fun graphics. I really don't like the realistic three dimensional ones too much, it's not really my kind of game. I don't like realistic graphics because I believe they practically ruin the point of a game(point being an escape from REALITY) and only work with certain genres, like horror, and spy.(actually... Wind Waker style with a spy game would be pretty cool^^)

Anyways, awesome stuff!
I have no pants!