1st WIP - The Flower Girl

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ms.ana
Projects: College Final Project: The Flower Girl

1st WIP - The Flower Girl

#1 Post by ms.ana »

Hi everyone! My name is Ana and I'm from Malaysia. This is my first post on LSF. I've always been a quiet reader and follower since I never had the chance to introduce myself. (I know I'm not good at giving excuses so we'll settle with me being horribly shy.) Anyway here I am and I'm pleased to meet you all.

Anyway, I'm working on a VN for my final project in uni. I have a couple of weeks more to submit the beta version and hopefully graduate in time. So, I'd like to share with you what I have of the story so far in the hopes that you'll find it interesting enough to read it once it's fully done.

THE FLOWER GIRL

copyright © 2009 anaraffali muzik (That's Ren's Alice by the way in the role of the flower girl ;) )

I think she's a ghost. Nobody can see her except for me.
But if I point it out to my friends, they'll think I'm crazy. And if I point out what she is to her, she'll probably send flying books, fruits and shoes at me like crazy.

She has this strange habit of appearing in the oddest of places. One time, I was at school and I desperately needed to...umm... to maybe find another example that would not make me look weird.

And she could be anywhere, as long as I'm there. She must have ran out of houses to haunt or decent people to scare. But man... can she really be scary sometimes...

Adam thinks he can see dead people, well... at least one dead person. But Sunny seems to be too cheerful to be dead, unconvinced and even offended by the thought of her not being alive. To her, she is asleep and dreaming. Then how come he's the only living person that can see her? A ghost in denial, maybe.

It started with him coming to Japan as a high school exchange student. No, everything was ok then. It actually started when he got a hold of the Leica M8. No, it happened when he took a photo of the sunflower field and ended up with both the field and flower girl grinning; a striking picture if everyone else can see the girl among the flowers. The rest was history, Sunny became a part of his Japanese adventure. The flower ghost girl that appears out of nowhere and starts to become more and more real, forcing him to make decisions that may change his life and the lives of those around him.

copyright © 2009 anaraffali muzik

- I'm basically the writer and programmer, art director/editor for this entire project.

- I can barely draw a decent stickman so I'm using existing art under commons or which are free to edit and use.

- This game was partly inspired by my experience as an exchange student in Japan (well, mostly the food scenes) and the occasional daydreams I have as a young girl (ehem.. I lied, I dreamt it all up after I turned 23, late last year.)

- There are 9 major characters involved, hero and girl included.

- Three main 'branches' to the story, with two characters supporting each branch.

- Its like you have normal levels involving each character, sub-boss levels (3 characters) and boss levels (3 characters) to get to the bottom of the mystery.

- I'll also be including mini-games as part of the experience.

- There's only 1 girl, but who needs other options when you have the perfect match?

________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'll put more details on the characters and story in the next post. Possibly a teaser/demo for you to chew on.

Thanks for reading, you've officially become a part of this. ;)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
P/S: Anybody interested in teaming up with me for the character art, please PM me. I'm passionate about this story and determined to make it unforgettable so if you're passionate, determined and unforgettable (kidding), please contact me.
Last edited by ms.ana on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ana Raffali
was here and wanted to stay for good

Ren

Re: The Flower Girl (1st Try)

#2 Post by Ren »

Oh, finally someone used it!

Also, I think this kind of post is a good example of a catchy pitch for a project.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll find more than one person interested!

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3 Post by Asceai »

Out of curiosity, what is your course/degree/major?

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#4 Post by Watercolorheart »

This should probably be moved to Works in Progress and Recruitment ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

ms.ana
Projects: College Final Project: The Flower Girl

#5 Post by ms.ana »

BCS,
Oh, my mistake. So sorry. I must have worked on the wrong tab. Does anybody know how to move this where it belongs? Please? (EDITED: Thanks PyTom!)

Asceai,
I'm taking TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language). ;)

Ren,
Oh my oh my oh my!!! Finally, I was looking for you. It's so hard to get a proper email address. You are awesome. Alice is awesome. I must say that your Alice fits nicely with my Sunny. The dress she's wearing herself is a sign. It's gonna be hard giving her up once I find a character artist for the project. *sigh

Oh.. And for those who are considering to be my partner in crime. I have the character specs for you. Though I must warn potential players of possible spoilers in it. So read at your own literary risk. :p

1) Adam

2) Sunny

3) Chie

4) Takeshi

5) Keiko

6) Megumi

7) Jane

8) as in 8/ Peter

9) Hajime

Thanks again for the response! I'm so excited about this.
Last edited by ms.ana on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ana Raffali
was here and wanted to stay for good

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#6 Post by Watercolorheart »

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=16

I think that the girl is cute as is.
I'm not even the same person anymore

Novinha
Regular
Projects: Scelta

Re: 1st WIP - The Flower Girl

#7 Post by Novinha »

Megumi Nakajima? ... As in Ranka Lee's seiyuu? :)

But seriously, the premise is interesting, the character data is detailed and you seem to draw a lot from your personal experience for them - looking forward to see this fleshed out!
~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
# Flavius Vegetius Renatus #

Fang-tan
Regular

Re: 1st WIP - The Flower Girl

#8 Post by Fang-tan »

This looks really cute, I really look forward to it!
"I've heard that villains who go soft and then crazy are pretty popular these days, right?
Even sooo, I've studied a lot of manga, anime and galge that have been popular, you seeee?" - Beatrice, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Loli Salad~ Music, Doujin, Touhou, Umineko and Anime
(previously I was Hashihime~)