Does this sound like something worth playing?

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
georgiebao
itch: georgiebao

Does this sound like something worth playing?

#1 Post by georgiebao »

Without spoiling too many things, I'm thinking about doing a kind of slice of life yuri game in which the main character (16) is also actively trying to overcome guilt/grief from a weird relationship she had with a teacher, and in the end being able to confide in the other girl helps her choose the course of action she wants to take in that situation and ultimately get over it. It would kind of be targeted towards people who themselves feel alone and who have felt uncomfortable with certain contact with people, but I'm not sure if that's a bit too niche and if other people wouldn't really enjoy playing it. Thoughts?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Does this sound like something worth playing?

#2 Post by fleet »

If the idea excites you, make the game. Some people will play it. No visual novel is universally popular.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

IronForPistons
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts (Editor), Picture Perfect Romance (Editor), Children of Cosmos (Editor)
Organization: Crystal Compass

Re: Does this sound like something worth playing?

#3 Post by IronForPistons »

Agreed. If the concept speaks to you, if there's a story you want to tell, you should tell it. I believe that what makes a popular or "good" product is the passion that goes into making it.
Feel free to call me Iron!

Interested in editing or proofreading services? I do both, for free or trade!