Daisuki [Early Development] [Demo] 4/5/2018 update

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaisukiDev
Projects: Daisuki

Daisuki [Early Development] [Demo] 4/5/2018 update

#1 Post by DaisukiDev »

Hi Everyone -

My name is Oreimo, online voice actor and aspiring indie developer.

I'd like to tell you all about my new visual novel project that I've been working on for about the past week and a half. I do not believe it would qualify as an official WIP for this forum, but I would still like to share what I currently have as far as early prototypes are concerned.

DISCLAIMER: I AM CURRENTLY USING PLACEHOLDER ASSETS FROM GOOGLE FOR THE CURRENT BUILD OF THE PROJECT. I HAVE YET TO DRAW OFFICIAL CONCEPTS FOR THE CHARACTERS OR BACKGROUNDS, BUT WILL DO SO AS I PROCEED WITH DEVELOPMENT.

It's tentatively called...

Daisuki: You'll Never Guess Who The Dad Is
daisuki.png
Synopsis:
Richard (age unknown?) wakes up on a tropical island (place unknown?) beside a mysterious girl. He is taken to the island's only school for shelter as he meets several potential love interests as well as family. Did we not mention that while Richard's age is unknown, it is kind of up in the thirties. It also is apparent that the school enrolls not only high school age girls, but also bipedal creatures (species unknown). With the help of the school police officer and the dean of education, will Richard be able to escape his situation? Or will he be forced to assimilate with the creatures (species unknown) who roam the island forever?

Characters:
Richard: Age 3X?
The main character has amnesia and has morals... or so he thinks. Because this island will test your morals and whether such things are actually needed or not.

Karin: Age: 17
Carefree girl who finds poor Richard on the beach.

Hanako: Age: 19
Richard saves her from some creatures. She is very dedicated to her school work.

Police Officer: Age: 73
The patriarch of the student body. Or so he proclaims himself... He scares Richard, but is one of the only positive male figures he has to look up to.

Dean Shinonono Maebara: Age 16
The ruler of the island. While young to be holding such a position, Dean Shinonono Maebara loves his kids and his parent. He seems to have some connection to the police officer, is there something that they are hiding?

I want opinions, don't just say that this is a stupid idea. If you want to rip on me, RIP into me. I want details. Also, if you are an artist and would like to make Karin, Hanako, or whoever, I'd like to discuss that. The sooner I can get rid of these place holders, the better.

I want this to become a 4-5 hour novel.

Thank you for taking interest in Daisuki. I know who the father is.

Below is the link to the current Demo. It's not much as it currently only shows the first 3 minutes... but I will be releasing a newer demo with significantly more content this Thursday (3/29).

Link to Newest Demo as of 4/5/2018:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ELV_r ... 0k4lf1YhD7
Last edited by DaisukiDev on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MysteryOmelettes
Projects: The Town's Curse
Organization: StudioOmelettes
itch: studioomelettes

Re: Daisuki [Early Development] [Demo]

#2 Post by MysteryOmelettes »

sounds interesting! can't wait to see it get further into development!~

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: Daisuki [Early Development] [Demo]

#3 Post by hyesunxoxo »

A 5-hour visual novel would be around 60,000 in total by average, and I think that is very ambitious for someone doing it for the first time - as a writer myself, not saying that it is impossible, but I recommend to start small and learn the basic ropes from there. 5 main sprites would be good for a start, assuming that there will be a handful of NPCs too. Having only 5 sprites with around 60,000 words to read may not be the most immersive option though.

The premise is somehow there so I'd like to see how this builds up, but then I hope I won't get sucked into romancing my own virtual daughter hahaha~ Also, do prepare yourself for the development, and don't give up! It might take months, or even years to finish, but that is just the essence of indie dev-ing. Similarly, it is important to work with reliable people that you know you can trust.

Good luck!
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]