Shipwrecked VN

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SummerSpring

Shipwrecked VN

#1 Post by SummerSpring »

I am currently designing characters for a VN. I was trying to think of an idea where I could begin with an isolated setting and focus on the development of a main couple (focusing on a single character option for my first game. Then I will worry about other ideas with multiple options) instead of getting lost in major world building/multiple relationships.
I was thinking that maybe a shipwreck that lands the couple on a deserted jungle island. Maybe initially them, then they could meet up with other survivors from their trip and maybe they find something.

I am having difficulty thinking about how they get off, if there should be some dark mystery on the island, what that dark mystery would be and if this would be an interesting idea at all. Or maybe this sounds super boring.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Addition: I think the ship is going to be a research vessel. And maybe they were investigating strange seismic activity or magnetic activity and then everything went to shit.
And maybe the island where they end up has something to do with it

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Shipwrecked VN

#2 Post by fleet »

I think the desert island idea is a good one. One possibility on how they get off the island is that a passing aircraft notices a signal fire. As far as the mystery on the island, here's an idea. The couple notices that supplies and equipment that they had when initially ship-wrecked are disappearing at night.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

SummerSpring

#3 Post by SummerSpring »

Oh good. And I really like the fire idea! Interesting about the supplies disappearing. I will think about that

alphawolf

#4 Post by alphawolf »

hi...

your idea has great potential i think.
a million different ways to go with it.

i like the research vessel being drawn to the island by a faint signal.
a storm brews out of nowhere and theyre shipwrecked on a reef.
only the couple survive...we believe.
They journey over the island following the signal via a device they rescued from the wreck.
Hoping it will lead them to a way to leave the island.
Lots of adventures on the way with wildlife and natives and other survivors gone mad.

The signal could lead then into an old volcano and down into the earth where the secret is revealed.
Somehow they use the signal itself to alert their sister research vessel to come rescue them. [a few ideas come to mind here]

Theres also a surprise as to whos behind the signal.
That story unfolds thru clues they discover along the way.

hope that helps out a bit
...ciao