In The Town Where Silence reigns

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Red Alert

In The Town Where Silence reigns

#1 Post by Red Alert »

So this is a little idea I've been working on for the past few days called, "In The Town Where Silence reigns" it's a mystery/thriller story that I've been working on. Here's the basic premise.
Plot Synopsis
In the year 2012, your childhood friend suddenly went missing on her way back home. Due to the circumstances that lead to her walking home alone late at night you feel guilty and frustrated that you hadn't had done enough to help her when it really counted. You left your hometown, desperate to get away from the accusations that were hurled your way by your friends and family, and went to college in a town far away from your problems. And then one day, five years after your friend's disappearance a letter finds it's way onto your desk in your office containing a simple message, 'Please find me,"-from Kara, your best friend. You decide to go back to your home town, but you should be careful because asking too many questions could quickly lead to your demise..
Gameplay ideas
The game will be split into two halves, on one half it'll be in a basic visual novel with choices offered to the player that may affect the outcome of the story, and a second half which will allow you to interrogate people in a vein similar to Hotel Dusk or Ace Attorney, evidence not relevant to the particular conversation can also be used as a way of gaining extra knowledge if presented to the correct person, otherwise it will lead to the player getting penalized.

Characters

August- The main character of this tale, by the time the story rolls around he is twenty-three years old and works as a private eye. The events that took place five years prior has shaken him up, so he isn't exactly the same person he was when he was young.
August.jpg
Kara- August's childhood friend, went missing five years ago and seemingly sent August a letter...
Kara.jpg
Help wanted- If anyone is willing to help me I could really use an artist and a musician, I'm not too great of an artist or have a whole bunch of music theory lessons under my belt, I'd really appreciate it.

alphawolf

Re: In The Town Where Silence reigns

#2 Post by alphawolf »

hi...

nice idea.
many twists n turns in a story like that.

yeah artwork is the key for sure.
lame story n good artwork can go a long way.
good story n lame artwork is doomed.

there was a drawing tutorial here... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9518 ... that walks you thru how to get a character drawn.
maybe that would help.
best of luck

...ciao

KineticBongos

#3 Post by KineticBongos »

Hi, I like your idea. Sounds pretty dark and thought engaging. I'd like to help you develop this. Ive made some visuals using TyranoBuilder Visual Novel Studio. I'm not much an artist myself, but I'm good in storywriting. I've got some connections in places for artists and musicians, if you like to have me on board. I'm sure we can work together to get this going.

You can reach me on twitter @ KineticBongos

or message me and I can get you my email.

Elis_Hope

#4 Post by Elis_Hope »

Hi, I´m an artist. I could help you if you wanted.
If you want to see some of my work, you can check my deviantart gallery here https://www.deviantart.com/elis-hope/gallery/
Write me a PM if you´re interested