[CLOSED] Any MALE voiceactors?

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

[CLOSED] Any MALE voiceactors?

#1 Post by jack_norton »

I would need a male voice actors for Bionic Heart game. Ellie is doing female voiceovers, but I can't seem to find a good/reliable male one! :cry:
If anyone thinks can do this, contact me please! It's a very LONG project, since the main character is a male there's lot of text to be spoken by him. I can pay a little for this task, but I really would like to see someone committed to do it from start to finish and that doesn't disappear after a few weeks :mrgreen:

below I copied my ad from VA (another forum). Deadline for auditions is 25th of May:

I have already female voices covered, but I need male voices for the following 5 characters:

Luke - main character (player), a 35 years old bio-engineer working for Nanotech, calm voice. (no portrait since the game is seen as first person view)
Sample lines:
"I still remember some of the stories that my father used to tell me about global warming, and the warnings sent out by some groups of scientists in the twenty-first century."
"But those who ruled the world were too busy fighting each other and too greedy to listen, so they ignored the menace."
"When they finally realized what was really happening, it was too late, and the balance of the Earth became unstable. Luckily, or maybe unfortunately, the forecasts weren't totally accurate."

Tom - Luke's friend, working at in the Nanotech datacenter, sort of childish attitude, often joking, weak spot for women. Should have a fun/stupid voice.
Sample lines:
"Sorry, but what are your options? Either you marry her, or you break up with her, as she said..."
"Yeah, there is another one indeed."
"That SHE is the one that will leave you first. <laughs loudly>"

Mark - 84 years old classic professor/scientist working at Nanotech research department, shy and reserved man, old man voice
Sample lines:
"Are you interested in bionics, Luke?"
"What you see here is nothing but one of the many Nanotech labs. There are many other similar ones around the world, belonging to other companies. But what we are researching in here is something unique."
"In fact, we are carrying out a series of experiments aiming to create a real artificial human being."

Roby - police agent, firm and strong voice. He is one of the few officers not being corrupted.
Sample lines:
"Obviously, since everyone that enters the virtual gardens is checked and scanned for any weapon."
"Surely it's amazing, if you think about it. I mean, this is just an illusion, but just a few centuries ago, earth really looked like this."
"You were saying Tina? Nothing ever happens?"

Richard - typical middle-age evil ruthless millionaire. Owner of Nanotech, involved into some illegal experiments to recreate artificial human beings
Sample lines:
"You're sorry?? I should destroy you all for what you've done!"
"Shut up! Stupid scraps, always taking every single word I say seriously..."
"How could she escape? How many of you were after her?"
Last edited by jack_norton on Wed May 27, 2009 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Any MALE voiceactors?

#2 Post by sake-bento »

Try posting on voices.com or voice123. It's a large database of active voice actors who are a lot more serious than just picking someone up off of the Voice Acting Alliance.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by jack_norton »

Yes I know about those and I've used in the past (for very small projects), but usually since there are PRO voiceactors they ask amount of money that I really can't afford to invest :oops:
computer games

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#4 Post by sake-bento »

Ah, that's good. I'd be hesitant to suggest the Voice Acting Alliance, as they're notorious for having a lot of flakey people. If I knew what sort of voice you were looking for, I might be able to suggest a few people, though.

Taroku
Regular
Projects: Eh? Get off my back!

#5 Post by Taroku »

If you're not too picky, then i know a few people who, i think, might work. They mostly do parody but they have been in serious projects before, if you want, i could show you their work.
|| DA Page || twitter || Taroku ||

Checking... Nope, still a wannabe.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Well sure, trying doesn't hurt :)
computer games

Taroku
Regular
Projects: Eh? Get off my back!

#8 Post by Taroku »

I don't know these people personaly.

Unwardil:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Unwardil

Here's an example of his voice work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHwnF7Lg ... annel_page

There's also the widly popular TeamFourStar, which is a gathering of many talented parody makers (Saves me the trouble of naming them all):

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar

I hope i have been of some help.
|| DA Page || twitter || Taroku ||

Checking... Nope, still a wannabe.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by jack_norton »

Will send some emails/make some posts in those forums, thanks :) Hope can find someone, even if surely will release the game without waiting for the voiceovers since it will be ready in 1 month max and don't want to delay it. But would be a nice extra add-on if it can be made :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by jack_norton »

Hm I registered at voiceactingalliance but no activation email in 2 days...! It's so slow usually ? I can't post without that confirmation link... :x
computer games

Ellie
Regular

#11 Post by Ellie »

From what I recall it's usually rather fast... I mean, you could try resigning up, perhaps?
Because singing is fun:
Snow Storm (English)

Fandubbing can also be fun:
Shugo Chara Clip

Ren

#12 Post by Ren »

Hai controllato la cartella di spam? Magari è finita lì, a me con le mail di registrazione alle volte capita...

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by jack_norton »

I'll try resigning up, and no it wasn't in my spam folder I checked it :)

edit: cool, activation to other email was instant indeed. Probably I deleted the other by accident, lol
computer games

tigerkidde
Regular
Projects: Summer Tales of Katt and June

#14 Post by tigerkidde »

Hi Jack,

Kind of building upon Sake's inquiry, was there a certain type of voice you were looking for? Are there any shows, actors, anime, or games that have characters who demonstrate the style of voice you're looking for?

i.e. deep heroic voice, cynical cocky male, a guy with a provincial accent, energetic do-gooder, dark brooding male, etc?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by jack_norton »

Well I made a post on VAC with more infos:
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/sh ... p?p=755963

if I knew english so well to be able to describe exactly what kind of voice I need... :mrgreen: I think with the help of the character portrait and the description, voiceactors should be able to send me some samples ?
computer games