Chronicle of Beast [Fantasy x Adventure]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Voz
Regular
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~
Deviantart: young-lyndis
Discord: Kaizarel#2858

Chronicle of Beast [Fantasy x Adventure]

#1 Post by Voz »

Chronicle of Beast is a Fantasy Adventure and mostly kinetic visual novel featuring a vibrant world with unique characters. At present the script is 16,412 words and is only just getting started on the introductory arc to the grand adventure still to come. The VN will feature custom artwork for character, backgrounds, and event images, as well as the option to develop stronger relationships between the MC, the ever expanding world, and her companions.

If there are any musicians in the thread (and maybe potential VAs?), I would love the opportunity to talk with you! There is opportunity for both paid and free work involved.

Pilgrimage was meant to teach respect, humility, and an assortment of other virtues that the priests in the compound drilled into her head for 19 years. But the only thing Jindeel felt like she was gaining was distress. At the conditions of the city proper, at the sickness and crime that drove a dagger through the poor streets of old town, and at the temple that loomed brilliant and willingly ignorant above it all.

Fed up with the rampant injustice plaguing her home, Jindeel accepts a fortuitous if not questionable opportunity to take matters into her own hands. With the help of her mate, a smooth talking con-man, and a wild dog of a felon - they track down the bandit stronghold, only to find a much more serious threat buried centuries away in the jungle undergrowth.

Jindeel
Ravi
Latif
Reiss
Last edited by Voz on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

Re: Chronicle of Beast [Fantasy x Adventure]

#2 Post by Neeka »

This seems super interesting! I love stories that uncover dark secrets and characters who might not set out to be heroes but end up saving/protecting others in the end. The characters all seem really rounded and their designs are really cool. ^-^

I especially love that the main character (as well as others) are POC! There's so many english VNs that feature a white protagonist (nothing wrong in itself, but there usually isn't much diversity.) As for it being Kinetic it seems quite interesting that it'll have a stronger story. Being able to develop stronger friendships with your companions is a wonderful feature as well.

I hope to see even more about this game <3

Voz
Regular
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~
Deviantart: young-lyndis
Discord: Kaizarel#2858

#3 Post by Voz »

@Neeka: Thanks! The game's flavor is based around the cradle of humanity and the variety of kingdoms throughout Mesopotamia and Indus Valley. So there's aspects of design and inspiration taken from northern Africa, the middle east, south and central Asia, etc. Not to mention just seeing yourself represented ;D

As a quick update, have some character art:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

I love the art style! Jindeel seems like a really cool protagonist, I'm excited to see this take shape.