Stained One (WIP- On Hold)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Stained One (WIP- On Hold)

#1 Post by MaiMai »

Was gonna wait till I had more feedback on my latest release, but I'm very excited about this story idea I had-- I already scribbled down a quick character sheet, a summary of the story, and short profiles for the characters. ;; And I will be working on this story before tackling A Minute to Midnight. Har har, see how trustworthy I am ;;

Anyways... ONE is going to be a sort of survival horror story with elements inspired by the Silent Hill series and Pandora Hearts. (No Alice in Wonderland references though, that's overdone :P) So... Technically a horror/drama/romance? Here's a summary (Subject to change of course!)

Five years ago, fifteen year old Bianca White lost her father, Frederick White, after his terrible suicide. Now, an adult Bianca is making a visit to her hometown of Blackgale to pay respects to her only parent. Bianca is soon pulled into a situation that involves a string of unexplained murders and the appearance of mysterious monsters within the town.

It's up to Bianca and three newly befriended individuals to find the cause of the murders and exterminate the monsters from Blackgale.

And here are the main characters!

Bianca White (Age 20)- The protagonist of our story. An observant girl who considers herself normal and easygoing despite suffering during her childhood and having to fend for herself after her father died.

Aiden Redford (Age 23)- A young man who for some reason takes up an immediate dislike of Bianca. His red eyes set him apart from normal people because he is 1/4 demon. Temperamental, hot-headed, and has a strong sixth sense because of his bloodline.

Zac Delman (Age 21)- Aiden's best friend who is kind, helpful, and an overall popular sort of guy. He becomes fond of Bianca much to Emily's chagrin. Tends to be idealistic and naive.

Emily Maxwell (Age 20)- An attractive girl who feels threatened by Bianca's presence in Blackgale, since Zac (Emily's long time object of affection) takes a liking to her. Competitive and strong-willed, but easily flustered. Her loyalty to her friends should not be underestimated however. She and Aiden tend to bicker because they both have stubborn personalities.

And that's all I have up for now! Need to start on the script and find appropriate BGMs to set the mood. This will be a free non-commercial game for all to enjoy. Unlike my first game, ONE will feature choices for users to make which will lead to three endings. If I'm not lazy, I will attempt to make a CG gallery and some extra unlockables.

... Man this will be a long project. Maybe I'll try to recruit, but not sure if there's anyone who would want to spend time on a free game. ;;
Attachments
STAINED ONE-win32.zip
(23.3 MiB) Downloaded 184 times
STAINED ONE-mac.zip
(26.33 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
STAINED ONE-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(22.8 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
Last edited by MaiMai on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: ONE (WIP)

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Maybe ONE's not the best name for this WIP, because there's another very renown visual novel with the same name... ^_^;;;

*runs*

MaiMai
Yandere

Re: ONE (WIP Title might change O.O)

#3 Post by MaiMai »

Well, damn. 'A' The Moonspeakers have beaten me to the title... Although to be honest, the title's based on this song by Epik High

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNnkbwFo9hU

The translated lyrics have very much to do with the story :B maybe I shall call it ONE: The VN that is not by Key. But then again this title's in all caps... Hrm, this is most troublesome indeed =A=!

EDIT: Never mind, got a new title :B

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

Re: STAINED ONE (WIP)

#4 Post by killdream »

MaiMai wrote:ONE is going to be a sort of survival horror story with elements inspired by the Silent Hill series and Pandora Hearts. (No Alice in Wonderland references though, that's overdone :P)
Own my gosh! Survival horror story *-* The world needs more horror fictions, for sure. But... no Alice references ;_; Well, anyways, good look with this project o(^-^)o

I'll be looking forward to it as well o/"

MaiMai
Yandere

#5 Post by MaiMai »

killdream wrote: Own my gosh! Survival horror story *-* The world needs more horror fictions, for sure. But... no Alice references ;_; Well, anyways, good look with this project o(^-^)o

I'll be looking forward to it as well o/"
Ahaha... It's sort of ironic because I honestly love comedy more than horror even though I love the SH series dearly. But this idea won't go away and I want to hold onto it. I'll try to live up to expectations! I've never tried a horror genre before and this will be a good test of my writing and art ability.

Right now, I'm working on a menu picture =w=

UPDATE: New menu picture! Tell me whatcha think :D

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#6 Post by sake-bento »

Looks dark and mysterious. O:

The mask kinda reminds me of Hei's from Darker than Black. But I think his only had lines on one side.

MaiMai
Yandere

#7 Post by MaiMai »

Hm didn't see it until you mentioned it. It really does look like the Hei mask... But it's supposed to be a mostly blank face with sunken in eyes, but I guess I didn't define that enough. Still I like how it looks so I'll keep it that way

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#8 Post by sake-bento »

Even if it's similar to something else doesn't mean you have to change it. It was just a passing comment on my part.

MaiMai
Yandere

#9 Post by MaiMai »

Yeah, np, np |D It's good to know that the menu pic gives off a mysterious vibe though. The mood of the overall game is supposed to be like that and so far so good!

MaiMai
Yandere

#10 Post by MaiMai »

Working on character sheets, but also getting a head start on possible CG events. Still haven't decided on how many I want, but here's one in progress.

Someone looks familiar...
Attachments
lineartwip.jpg

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#11 Post by ebonyskies »

Firstly: That title screen is delightfully creepy. =D
Secondly: yaaaaaay survival horror. VN's totally need more of this genre.
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%

MaiMai
Yandere

#12 Post by MaiMai »

I have way too much time on my hands |D;; I wouldn't mind having some crit on the cg style I'm using. Trying to use a soft-cg style-- show how does it look?

Bg is to be added later so that's why it looks all green in the back
Attachments
wipcggg.png

kellyxmartin
Projects: "Afternoon with Allen"

#13 Post by kellyxmartin »

OMG I'm so excited! Silent hill is my favorite series ever! I hope you finish this because it sounds too cool to not exist! :D The artwork looks very nice, I do like the shading on the newest picture. It's a nice touch to lighten the line-work like you did. That being said, I hope you post some monsters soon! Ahaha. :3

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#14 Post by PyTom »

MaiMai wrote:I wouldn't mind having some crit on the cg style I'm using. Trying to use a soft-cg style-- show how does it look?
I like the look of the girl in the center. The person (I'm not quite clear on gender) to the left seems to have a relatively distorted face, like you tried to squish too much of it into the frame.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

MaiMai
Yandere

#15 Post by MaiMai »

Ooooh, thanks for mentioning that PyTom. (It's a guy btw 8D) It was a bit difficult drawing his face when turning at that left angle, so I'll try to fix it today. Who knows, I might even include a demo if I finish writing the prologue today. Still, the art is still incomplete even though in the prologue there's at least four cgs... I still want to improve on them so people can have visual quality as well as a good story.