My Little World [On Hold]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Elta
Regular
Tumblr: limitelta
Deviantart: limitelta
itch: limitelta

Re: My Little World [Fantasy/Slice of Life] [Friendship] [Free]

#16 Post by Elta »

Took a break yesterday. I still fiddled with VNs just because I love it too much to put it down for long. Just playing around to learn more about how coding works. I'll not use this new knowledge for this game, but for my next I want to do some more advanced stuff.

Story Updates:
Wrote a fair amount today. Adding the friendship endings, and expanding on them a bit. I think the first path is lasting 30mins, about what I wanted for my very first game. So I'm also trying to make the other paths match about that length. I know where all of my event CGs are going in the story now. Next game I make I'll know how to plan better!

GUI Updates:
Moved the choices so that they donโ€™t hide the characters faces.

Not going to rush this game, but hoping I can get it finished and out by the end of july.

Elta
Regular

#17 Post by Elta »

GUI Updates:
I edited more of my GUI for my visual novel! I didn't really like the small text buttons for the quick menu, so I found out how to make an image map and made little picture buttons! When you hover over them they tell you what they are, so you can still tell what they do easily.๐Ÿ‘

Elta
Regular

#18 Post by Elta »

Haven't had much solid to update the past few days, still been updating little things on my twitter.

Planned out where my friendship points will be placed. It's hard,I want to make it work well no matter what paths you take, and need to limit certain endings to certain paths. It's starting to work quite well now though! Also need to paint another background and CG because I added a new ending!

I have learned so much since I started working on "My Little World". My coding is so messy because I didn't understand how everything worked, so I'm cleaning it up. I'm scrapping my old todo list because with this organization some things have changed, so I'll make a new one soon!

I'll be interested to see what this game looks like by the end of July!

Elta
Regular

#19 Post by Elta »

Hey, haven't updated her for a little while, but I've been very busy working on the game! I have almost all the art completed, added some art since I updated here, the gallery is done and fully functional, story is coming along nicely I just need to input the last bit of the script and proof read. Been testing a lot to make sure the paths that are done are all working. Gathered togeather some art of my girls that are not for my game to include in a bonus gallery. Oh and I know there has been more. I'll likely not have time for the rest of this week, but I'll do a proper update next week, with images and details! Thanks for reading!

If you want to know more sooner please check out my my twitter.

Elta
Regular

#20 Post by Elta »

Update! If you feel I missed anything your wondering about feel free to ask. Iโ€™m hoping to get the CGs done this week so I can focus on putting in the rest of the story. Proof reading will be done after that. Once all this is done Iโ€™ll be into testing. Iโ€™ll keep working hard!

Elta
Regular

#21 Post by Elta »

Youtube Video:

Some gifs and a video of my game! Due to a flood in my apartment I'm having to push development time forward a bit. However I should still be able to work toward a release of August 2019!๐Ÿ‘

Elta
Regular

#22 Post by Elta »

Just a quick update! I've been having renos in my apartment thanks to a flood, so that has greatly slowed down my progress. However I am basically finished the game, it's just a case of proof reading and doing my first testing. So once I get that done I'll hand it over to some others to test. Getting close, just hit a bit of a bump in the road. ๐Ÿ˜…

Elta
Regular

#23 Post by Elta »

So thanks to my launch getting pushed back I learned a lot during the time I couldn't work on my game consistently. Thus I decided to take a bit more time to add some things that I had not originally planned. One of those things being an accessibility screen. I've added more details to my story, added an extra CG or two, and a few other things I'll not spoil.

Thinking of adding an item screen now that I know how to make screens. With hints of where to get the item, and once you have it, hints of how you can use it. I'll see how things go!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#24 Post by Zelan »

It's awesome that you've put in accessibility options ^_^ and I'm happy to see that the main character's gender is never mentioned, that's really cool! Looking forward to this release (:

Elta
Regular

#25 Post by Elta »

Zelan wrote: โ†‘Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 pm It's awesome that you've put in accessibility options ^_^ and I'm happy to see that the main character's gender is never mentioned, that's really cool! Looking forward to this release (:
Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ Accessibility is important to me, because I myself have some trouble due to my dyslexia. I'm happy if it can help more people to enjoy my game and have fun! As for gender I'll likely always do that unless the story is about a character and the player is not meant to be the main character. I hope to in future games add options for pronouns, but with this being my first game I thought it was best to just omit that side of things as I had not figured out how to do that when I started this. It's nice having the option to be someone you can relate to better I find. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you, your interest makes me extremely happy! I shall keep working hard to make an enjoyable game!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

________________________________________________________________________________

More Updates!

Added an item screen with hints, and a little friendship screen! I feel these will make it a bit more fun for players trying to get the different endings and events in my game. Put in a simple animation to my friendship screen for fun~ You can leave the screen before it finishes so it doesn't slow down the player if they are just looking quickly. ๐Ÿ’—

Also learned how to make my own transitions! I'll likely only have this one for this one time in my game, but I'm looking forward to doing new ones for games I do in the future! ๐Ÿ˜Š