Hanabira Heart /Fantasy/Slice of Life/ DATING SIM

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

Hanabira Heart /Fantasy/Slice of Life/ DATING SIM

#1 Post by alberte »

This game will mostly be story based but driven also by romance.
So far I have three romancable heroines to choose from.
This is a story which bridges Fantasy and reality as they are not so different as they seem.
I will be doing the art and have started on the first CG.
Hopefully I can do the music as well.

STORY
Yuuji's world was turned upsidown when he hears news of his beloved little sister passing away, to make matters worse the childhood friend who has spoke to him because of going abroad for many years is coming back to stay in Sakurai City, and go to the same highschool as Yuuji.
THings get even more complicated when she reveals she was not born in Sakurai City, and there's things that you should know before being upset with her.
Will you take it up on yourself to find the truth and date the girls that each are hiding their own secrets?

Written so far: I have only written a two thousand something words but without an idea bouncer it will take time.
Here's one of the CG's that's in development.

I have also designed what the textbox will look like:

Updates

Work on three different cgs have commenced, one is full coloured (the character and the backgorund on all of them is to be sketched), I now have 3470 words written in total

I will be regularly updating this thread with more progress.
Stay tuned!

Also some questions you might be able to answer for me:
Do you like the art?
What do you wish my story had?
Is my story okay?
What do you look for in this type of visual novel?
Is 10,000 words a good goal for a demo?
WHat do you think about the textbox?
And any other questions you may have.

There is a possibility this will have a seperate NSFW patch and an all ages version.
What do you think if I include yuri elements and have it not be forced, like an actual pairing that fits the characters emotions. (It would be added without forcing the relationship, and might happen if you decide to choose one character over the other.
Last edited by alberte on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Hanabira Heart /Fantasy/Slice of Life/ DATING SIM

#2 Post by Andredron »

I love love triangles both in "School days" and in "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien". For both there is an anime, and a visual novel. When a very difficult choice in front of the player, as in the "song sai."

I played a visual novel made on a unity, where the characters communicated with smiles and images. It was original and interesting to guess what meaning the character says.

I think the text frames are a lot of old games, when the permissions were small, and what would be smaller to draw and the size of the project occupied the project would add less frames for the text.

Now the resolution is large, the size of the project does not matter (before, and 2mb was a lot!)

What audience is the project preparing for? (men, women, teenagers ....)

Objective of the project? Main mission

What will the user learn by playing your project?

What will be the calling card of your game?

The most important questions about the game design)

alberte
Veteran

#3 Post by alberte »

Andredron wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm
Yes it would be a very difficult choice, and tokimeki memorial even had those time bomb things where the girl would get jealous and her affection would get super low as well as the other girl you are persuing.
Yes there was a smaller screen but it fit the pixelized art being made for in that era.
The audience is mostly male teenagers but also not inclusive to males, I'm hoping to market to girls as well especially through the yuri option of romance I plan to target both readership.
Object of project, date girls, explore the immersive background of Hanabira, (Fantasy part as well) Find out what the secrets the girls are hiding and make your way through each characters backstory.

THat you can't do everything by yourself, that you're not alone, that a relationship doesn't always work in the beginning, that you shouldn't take on everyone's problems,
and many more!

The wonderful art, and immersive story, and music which I will be makinig myself which will be putting all my heart into makign an amazing playlist.
I will be making an opening and ending song by myself.

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Andredron »

alberte wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:57 pm
Andredron wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm
Yes it would be a very difficult choice, and tokimeki memorial even had those time bomb things where the girl would get jealous and her affection would get super low as well as the other girl you are persuing.
Yes there was a smaller screen but it fit the pixelized art being made for in that era.
The audience is mostly male teenagers but also not inclusive to males, I'm hoping to market to girls as well especially through the yuri option of romance I plan to target both readership.
Object of project, date girls, explore the immersive background of Hanabira, (Fantasy part as well) Find out what the secrets the girls are hiding and make your way through each characters backstory.

THat you can't do everything by yourself, that you're not alone, that a relationship doesn't always work in the beginning, that you shouldn't take on everyone's problems,
and many more!

The wonderful art, and immersive story, and music which I will be makinig myself which will be putting all my heart into makign an amazing playlist.
I will be making an opening and ending song by myself.
Good luck!

alberte
Veteran

#5 Post by alberte »

I know have a Twitter where I'll also be updating at a good pace.
https://twitter.com/SolaruneStudio
It's my own studio page where I'll be posting content for this visual novel.