Looking for background artist...

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

Looking for background artist...

#1 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I'm looking for an artist to make some anime style backgrounds for my game. Some backgrounds I think I'll need are
Bedroom
Library
Park
Classroom

... and probably more too. Nothing's really definite yet. If you'd like to help, let me know- thanks

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

My suggestion is, just use photos as temporary background for now. Try looking at http://www.morguefile.com/ for instance. You wrote you think you'll need them, so I guess you haven't got the game all planned out yet. So my advice is just to start working with placeholder photos, maybe even finish the whole game/script and then ask someone for backgrounds. You'll have less eye candy while you work, but then again it may help you concentrate more on the things that matter. Making a game is at least 70% about writing text and writing/checking your code and so on, and so on.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Yeah, I'm not planning on putting everything on hold until I get an artist. I just figured the sooner I asked, the more likely I'll get a timely response. I'd really rather not completely finish the game, and then have it sit for a long time until the art is completed. Thanks for the advice though