DMN: Project Demon [Dark] [Psychological Horror] [Otome/Dating Sim] [Free]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sunny
Projects: DMN: Project Demon

DMN: Project Demon [Dark] [Psychological Horror] [Otome/Dating Sim] [Free]

#1 Post by sunny »

---

You knew the day would come when you’d be summoned for a special purpose.

A trio stared you down, their gazes colder than the rain that pelted against your back.

“Pitiful.”

The lady dressed in red gave a coy smile, comfortable under the umbrella that was held for her. A chill went down your spine and you felt self-conscious for a moment, knowing you looked no better than a wet dog astray.

“Or… Are you?”

The question puzzled you, but when you met the lady’s knowing eyes, you saw something different. What was it? The confidence that surrounded her… A challenge?

She held out a gloved hand, awaiting your decision.

“It’s time.”

---

Hello! Welcome to DMN: Project Demon, an otome for those who seek a darker setting while still having pretty boys to pursue.

I came up with this idea when I was reading through some comments about otome’s, and what they lacked or should do better. Everyone loves an edgy story with a white-haired love interest, but they also love playing an MC whose personality you can shape. So, here’s a project that makes the best of both worlds!
Story: You play as a renamable MC who’d been recruited to join an organization called DMN. You, an upstanding civilian of normal society with a terribly unfortunate past, have no idea what they’re about or what you’re about to get yourself into, but you’re determined to make the best of it! Along the way, you’ll come across various situations that range from being morally conflicting to downright dangerous, and you’ll hopefully make the right choices to live another day. If you’re lucky, you’ll impress a boy, too. Though your world was turned upside down overnight, you aim to live a normal life of crime, which is promptly derailed when you find out a world-shattering secret about yourself.

Mechanics: Since I don’t want to make the personality mechanics too complicated and boring, I’ve based everything around the DnD alignment system.
  • Almost every choice you make will add a point to a certain alignment, which will, in turn, decide your fate with the plot and your love interests. You’ll be scored on five alignments: Good, Evil, Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic.
  • Good vs Evil options are rare but they’re usually very important, and they always come before the other three if present (So in a scene, you’ll get a Good vs Evil option, and after you pick one you’ll get the Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic options which will fit whatever you chose). The only alignment that won’t be counted is True Neutral.
  • The love interests will have their own alignments which will decide your compatibility with them. For example, if you score high on Lawful and Good, you won’t appeal to a Chaotic Evil interest.
  • Quick note regarding Good and Evil; don’t take them literally. Think of it more as Nice vs Mean.
Love Interests: As you learn the ways of the underground world, you’ll come across a few potential love interests who may or may not help you with your goals. Most of them are broken or dead inside, but they’re the cream of the crop otherwise. Just make sure not to piss them off or do something stupid, lest you get a bad end after bad end after bad end…
  • Vin: A quiet one that keeps to himself. Ends up as the de facto leader when no one else wants to be, pretty good at taking care of his teammates. Has been around the longest before he got promoted to Unit 003, and thus is equally jaded by life. Likes MC’s who aren’t chaotic. Specialized in CQC and scouting/infiltration. Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
  • Kai: Here’s a guy that exudes charisma and arrogance, with a fun personality to make up for his huge ego. One of the few that you can talk to without feeling like you’re pulling teeth. All in all, a pretty sound guy, and perhaps his only drawback is his mullet. Specialized in guns. Dislikes lawful MC’s that ruin the mood. Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
  • Zero: An unpredictable guy who usually has his resting bitch face on at all times, except when he finds something interesting--or, someone. Goes off and does his own thing even during critical missions, but somehow gets the job done. Only listens to Nadine, begrudgingly. Edgy. Not for the faint of heart. Dislikes most MC’s, good luck. Specialized in assassinations and torture. Alignment: Neutral Evil.
  • Python: THE nerd, and Unit 003’s hacker. Would be a NEET if he wasn’t a hacker on the most wanted list. Usually in his room playing some game or watching anime. Doesn’t look like it but his IQ is 140+. Named himself after his favourite programming language. Likes most MC’s cause he’s desperate. Alignment: Neutral Good. (WIP)
  • Sasha: The Nice Guy who’s actually nice, but gives off an unattainable vibe, like he’s leagues above you. Very mature and patient, knows how to braid hair. Will cook for you and be by your bedside if you’re sick, becomes a total lost puppy without the MC. Must be protected even though all he wants to do is protect you. Dislikes evil MC’s. Unit 003’s Medic. Alignment: Lawful Good. (WIP)
  • Love Interest #6: The only interest who’s good end is also a bad end, which begs the question; how bad IS his bad end? He’s perfect for the organization, being just the right amount of evil while bending the rules of society to his liking. Can’t stand good MC’s. His specialization is unknown. Alignment: Lawful Evil. (WIP)
  • Love Interest #7: ???
  • Love Interest #8: ???
Animus/Anima: So, here’s something I’ve been thinking of trying out. Instead of a traditional stats screen that shows you how well you’re doing with the love interest of your choice, I wanted to go with an in-game representation.
  • Regulators (the armband) can also impact dreams, allowing Demons to lucid dream at their will. Somehow, this also creates a personification of the Demon's subconscious during their dreams. Research has been inconclusive as to why this is happening, but it hasn’t done any harm yet, so testing will continue.
  • The personification is known as an Animus/Anima, based off of Carl Jung’s collective conscious theory. The direct definition: “the animus as the unconscious masculine side of a woman, and the anima as the unconscious feminine side of a man, with each transcending the personal psyche.”
  • The MC’s Animus will show up from time to time in dreams to discuss important events. He’ll encourage you to make good decisions and discourage you from bad ones. If you go against his advice, it will impact him negatively.
  • Continuously making bad decisions will deteriorate your Animus, with each following appearance showing him more and more haggard. Making a good decision can reverse the effects if it’s not too late.
  • Since he represents the MC’s subconscious, he’ll be able to pick up on things the MC wouldn’t be able to realize, which he can bring up to further assist the MC. For example, if an interest is flirting with the MC and you pick the oblivious options, he’ll bring it up.
  • The Animus is True Neutral, so he won’t have a preference for the type of person you pursue. All he wants is for you to be happy and content, so he’ll do his best to assist even if the guy is the epitome of evil.
  • (Considering implementing this one, but not confirmed) Likewise, depending on how you shape the MC’s personality, the Animus’ appearance will change to reflect your state of mind. A chaotic personality will result in a chaotic looking Animus, but his personality will remain True Neutral.
  • So basically, the only way to know if you’re going towards a good end or a bad end is by talking to your Animus.
More info and world building: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReG ... sp=sharing

Plans and Progress:

Art:
  • MC Sprites: Done!
  • Vin Sprites: N/A
  • Kai Sprites: N/A
  • Zero Sprites: N/A
  • Python Sprites: N/A
  • Concept art for the rest: N/A
  • CG's: N/A
  • Backgrounds: N/A
Writing:
  • Arc 1: Drafted
  • Arc 2: Outline complete
  • Arc 3: Outline in progress
  • Endings: N/A
Coding:
  • Arc 1: Started
  • Arc 2: N/A
  • Arc 3: N/A
  • Personality Mechanic: Testing
  • Branches: N/A
  • GUI: N/A
  • Screens: N/A
Music:
  • BGM: N/A
  • Combat Sounds: N/A
It would be really helpful if I could get some feedback on this! Feel free to answer as many questions as you’d like, you don't need to answer all of them!
  • What do you think about the Animus/Anima concept/mechanic?
  • What do you think about the DnD based personality mechanic?
  • What type of an MC would you want to play? Can you see yourself playing that MC in this?
  • Should the alignments for the love interests be unlockable or should they be obvious on the stats screen?
  • What type of a love interest would you like to see that isn’t very common/popular personality wise? Or otherwise.
  • From what you’ve read, would you say it’s dark/edgy enough? If not, how would you make it darker/edgier?
  • Are you able to have a suspension of disbelief for the reasoning behind the white hair and red eyes?
  • Is the art appealing?/Do you like the uniforms?
  • Is the world/setting interesting? What interests you the most?
  • Are the love interests interesting? Who interests you the most?
  • For CG's, do you prefer to see the MC's eyes?
  • Is this idea unique enough or have you seen this before?
  • Would you play this?
DISCLAIMER: This is an idea and at most, a concept. Things will change, it’s inevitable, pls don’t be mad.
Last edited by sunny on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sunny

Re: DMN: Project Demon [Dark] [Psychological Horror] [Otome/Dating Sim] [Free]

#2 Post by sunny »

Update 22/07/19
  • The rough draft for Arc 1 of 3 is complete! Gotta clean it up and code it in.
  • I'll be working on the art next, possibly on the MC's emotes.
  • Started collecting assets for backgrounds. Sci-fi stock is rarer than I thought rip.

sunny

#3 Post by sunny »

Update 31/07/19
  • MC sprites done! These are 3 examples of 50 sprites, but I might add more later.
  • I'll be focusing purely on coding and writing now so I won't be working on the boys just yet.
  • After coding I'll hopefully be able to design the GUI and launch screen stuff buuuut we'll see.

Gery
Regular

#4 Post by Gery »

Hi Sunny!

I really like the whole "alignment" concept - I think it can add a lot to the story and relationships. Your world-building looks very well-thought out and I'm really intrigued by the characters! Their design is stunning, I especially love the costumes and the hair styles! The MC is super cute and I can't wait to see more artwork!

I also have a thread in the Idea folder and I'm far from an expert on writing a good summary of the game (I keep editing mine and cringing every time I read it XD), but I hope you don't mind me giving some personal advice - you don't need to follow it, it's something I experienced while reading your post.

1. It's great that you can describe your game in so much detail, but the text took me a long time to read - there were parts that I skimmed through - such as side characters, Animus/Anima, and most of the background section.I understand they are really important world-building elements, but at this stage, it's a bit too much info that takes a lot of time to get through to reach the questions. The characters and synopsis of the story is far more important, they are the ones that will intrigue us and make us curious about the progress, so the rest can be simplified a bit, if you want or just keep it for yourself and reveal it during the game. (Again, just a suggestion, feel free to disagree).

2. There are far too many questions :D A lot of them are important, I understand, but many people won't sit down to write answers for all of them, especially in the beginning stage of the development. I strongly suggest combining some or structuring them in a different way so you can get more than a Yes/No answer.

For instance: Instead of
-Is the art appealing?/Do you like the uniforms?/Do you like how the MC looks/can you relate to her? (My answer - Yes to all)
You can change to something like:
-How do you feel about the art style and what about the MC appeals to you the most? (where you'll get a far more detailed answer, but you'll need to make sure the text is short enough so people feel confident they know everything to answer the questions)

Also, instead of:
-Is the story interesting?/ Are the love interests interesting?
To: -What part of the game intrigues you the most (aka. story, characters, mechanics, etc.) and why?

I would highly suggest keeping your questions from around 5 to 10 - the less the better :)

I really hope I'm not sounding like a pushy know-it-all, whose own thread is far from perfect either XD I love your idea, I love the fact that you obviously spent so much time developing it and you're creating the characters yourself! You're great at world-building and your art is gorgeous so I'm looking forward to seeing more on this thread :) And no worries - if you don't want to follow my suggestions, I won't get offended or mad or sad! Keep doing what you love, that's what's important!

sunny

#5 Post by sunny »

Hello Gery! <3

Thank you so much for giving some feedback, I'm truly lost on the whole VN making process so anything will help!
It's great that you can describe your game in so much detail, but the text took me a long time to read
Yeahh this was a big fear of mine. I definitely didn't want to overwhelm readers but I also didn't want them to think it wasn't well thought out, so I went with the less risky choice rip. I think I'll just make a Google doc for all the background info, thank you for pointing it out. @.@
There are far too many questions
Ah there are which is why I stated to "Feel free to answer as many questions as you’d like." I don't expect anyone to answer all of them oh god that would be way too much of a burden LOL. I thought about merging some questions but then they became too loaded, and it didn't make sense to not separate them. It might be because I'm just looking for very specific feedback idk, but I'll definitely take your advice and reword some of them so they're not as redundant! And also put an emphasis on not answering all of them. :lol:
I really hope I'm not sounding like a pushy know-it-all, whose own thread is far from perfect either XD I love your idea, I love the fact that you obviously spent so much time developing it and you're creating the characters yourself!
Nah not at all~ It's easy to tell that you're trying to help out and make things more efficient, and I really appreciate that. <3 The beginning is always a bit bumpy, but feedback is what smoothes everything out! Thank you again for taking the time to give some advice, and I'm really happy to hear that you like what I have so far! :D
I also have a thread in the Idea folder and I'm far from an expert on writing a good summary of the game (I keep editing mine and cringing every time I read it XD), but I hope you don't mind me giving some personal advice - you don't need to follow it, it's something I experienced while reading your post.
Of course! I'll be more than happy to check it out. ^^

Gery
Regular

#6 Post by Gery »

Hi Sunny!

WOW! Thank you thank you thank you for giving me such great feedback on my thread and even some awesome ideas!
I think I'll just make a Google doc for all the background info,
This. Is. SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!! As you could probably tell, I had the opposite problem - I was so scared of revealing too much information or overwhelming the readers with world-building, that I kept everything very basic and often wondered if people would actually even know what kind of setting I'm using. Or do they even care? But this is perfect! I think for your thread it would work perfectly since you already have all the information written down. I love that it gives the reader an option to find out more, without distracting from the main point of the post - the Questions :D
The Questions
I totally agree with you! I didn't see that answering all of them is optional XD I tend to want to answer all questions as if I'm taking a test. Yes, try for questions that don't get the Yes/No answer. Even a simple "Why?" at the end would make a person reflect on their reasoning.

I'm really glad you found my comment useful! It's my first VN project too and I've never really participated in forums before, let alone start my own thread. It's true, it can be daunting, but at the same time, it gives you the motivation to work faster and post updates :D I'll keep following your thread and cheer you on! I can tell you're very passionate about DMN:Project Demon and the best games are the ones where the passion of the creators show!

I'm also looking forward to seeing visuals for Python, Sasha and the Mysterious #6, 7 and 8 ;)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

What do you think about the Animus/Anima concept/mechanic?: The way you've described it now sounds a bit gimmicky. However, I think it could be a really cool idea if the Animus is more of a character. I could especially see it being super interesting if the MC continues to ignore his advice and they have some kind of argument, maybe even affecting the story? Idk, just a thought. (I do think the idea of the appearance changing based on the MC's personality cool, but it also sounds like it would be a LOT of work since you would have to design different appearances for the Animus and code them in at the proper time.

What do you think about the DnD based personality mechanic?: I think the way you've used it here is really cool, especially the idea that some of the boys will be locked off depending on your personality. I did notice that the majority of the boys tend to prefer MCs who are similar to them, which does kind of make sense, but I think it could be interesting to have at least one route where the bachelor prefers an MC with the opposite alignment. Sort of an opposites attract thing, you know? Not a must-have, and myabe hard to write, but it could be cool. (:

What type of an MC would you want to play? Can you see yourself playing that MC in this?: Lmaooooooooo I always pick the Nice Options in video games. Like, I'll pick one Mean Option and then a consequence will happen and then I cry and go back to playing a nice MC. So I'd probably play a Lawful Good or Neutral Good MC on my first couple of playthorughs, maybe branching out to chaotic? At that point whether I continued to romance the boys who need more chaotic and/or evil MCs would probably depend on how much I was enjoying the game.

Is the art appealing?: Yes!!! I love the concept sketches and MC is super cute. ^_^

Do you like the uniforms?: Yup!

Do you like how the MC looks/can you relate to her?: I do like how she looks. I probably wouldn't know whether I can relate to her until after playing the game to get a sense of her personality.

Should the alignments for the love interests be unlockable or should they be obvious on the stats screen?: If you end up going through with the Animus idea, I think having him drop hints about how to romance the boys could be a good idea. You can also drop hints based on their reactions to what MC does. If you do end up putting this info on the stats screen, I would program in a toggle of some sort so that players can choose if they want to see it or not - some people might want/need the extra help, but others don't like feeling as if unlocking the endings is too easy or the game is holding their hand.

Is the story interesting?: Right now, it feels like there's less story and more world building, but the world building is super cool so I'm not too upset about that.

Are the love interests interesting?: There's not an awful lot of information, but just from the basics I would say yes, I'm interested. (And I'm super glad to see Vin! Love interests with darker skin are pretty rare in otomes, especially mainstream ones, so I was super pleased so see him as the first in the list. (: Are any of the other romanceable characters going to be people of color?)

What type of a love interest would you like to see that isn’t very common/popular personality wise? Or otherwise.: Tbh there's a lot of personalities that I like so I can't really think of a specific one, especially one that isn't already popular. I like uh. glasses but since they all have enhanced bodies there's probably no one wearing them lololol. I guess the other thing is that I would love to be able to romance women as well (I personally lean more towards women than men) but it's your game and you're already offering so much cool and exciting stuff that I can get over it pretty easily lmao.

Do you prefer games that pick your love interest for you based on your choices?: I'm not quite sure I understand this question. Do you mean games where instead of being asked who I want to pursue, I make choices and automatically fall into a love interest's route? If so, yes.

From what you’ve read, would you say it’s dark/edgy enough? If not, how would you make it darker/edgier? (Do keep in mind that I haven’t touched upon the plot/routes yet, so what you think of might already be in place but suggest anyway!): I like fluff just as much as dark and edgy, so I would be okay if it was more edgy or if it just stayed the same.

Is this idea unique enough or have you seen this before?: It's kind of weird because I feel like I've seen this before but I couldn't actually tell you where specifically I've seen it. If anything, I'd say this maybe sounds like Baby's First Dark And Edgy Story but aged up to where it feels more mature and exciting, if that makes sense?

Are you able to have a suspension of disbelief for the reasoning behind the white hair and red eyes?: Absolutely! I'm able to have suspension of disbelief even when there's no explanation at all, so having a scientific explanation behind it is actually super cool! It would be especially funny, I think, if there was a moment (or moments) when characters pointed it out and poked fun at it a bit. "Yeah, we're basically just stereotypical overpowered anime heroes eyes and hair included but whatever"

Would you play this?: fuck yeah babey

sunny

#8 Post by sunny »

This. Is. SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!
YES it's super convenient, I've seen some other creators use Google docs as well so might as well. But yes, it's the best of both worlds. <3
I tend to want to answer all questions as if I'm taking a test.
I totally understand how you feel LOL it's tempting to want to answer them all, but I definitely don't expect it. I'll be reworking the questions soon, and getting everything into a Google doc so slowly but surely, everything will come together. Thanks for cheering me on, I'm excited for your project as well!!
However, I think it could be a really cool idea if the Animus is more of a character.
First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK! I'm very grateful that you took the time to answer every single question. <333 The Animus will definitely be more of a character! Just that he'll be in the MC's mind, never in reality, almost like an imaginary friend? I'm not sure how thoroughly I'll be implementing his influence on the MC/story yet, but he'll have an impact on how the reader will approach certain decisions. Basically like a counselor! And yes, there will be events where the MC will be arguing with her Animus, which is essentially herself lmao.
Sort of an opposites attract thing, you know? Not a must-have, and myabe hard to write, but it could be cool. (:
I agree 100%, but as you mentioned, it'll be a bit hard for me to write. It's kinda why the interests only care about one aspect instead of both. Like Vin, he's Lawful Neutral, so he can get along with Lawful Good, Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral, Neutral Evil, and Neutral Good. Those are five different personalities, so hopefully a few of them can give off an opposites attract kinda vibe.
Lmaooooooooo I always pick the Nice Options in video games.
I feel you lmaoo I'm sure most people would agree esp in this niche. This is also why I'm locking a few interests depending on the personality, so that it can encourage readers to try out a mean route. The interests will also respond differently depending on the personality you create so that could increase the replayability? Idk but I'll try to make it as fun as possible for multiple runs.
I do like how she looks. I probably wouldn't know whether I can relate to her until after playing the game to get a sense of her personality.
Fair enough! A big part of the red eyes/white hair was to make readers see themselves as the MC as much as possible, cause the MC could've had any combination of eye/hair colour prior to the transformation. If it wasn't so time-consuming, I definitely would've given an option to change the skin tone as well, but since I can't right now I made her as racially ambiguous as possible.
I would program in a toggle of some sort so that players can choose if they want to see it or not
Ooo if I can figure out how to code this feature, I think this would be great for people who just want to get someone specific ty ty.
Right now, it feels like there's less story and more world building, but the world building is super cool so I'm not too upset about that.
That was totally my mistake asking about the story instead of the world rip, I'll go fix that. Glad you like it!
Are any of the other romanceable characters going to be people of color?
YES glad you like Vin I had the same thoughts when I was creating the interests. And actually, most of the interests are minorities! Not set in stone, but Vin is African American, Kai is South East Asian, Zero is East Asian, Python is East Asian, Sasha is Eastern European/Russian, #6 is North American, #7 is South American, and #8 will be mixed. So, I'd say the only non-minorities are Sasha and #6.
I like uh. glasses
There'll be a secret love interest with glasses hehe. But he'll be implemented waaaaay later, after the main guys.
I guess the other thing is that I would love to be able to romance women as well
So I made an all-male cast cause I wanted to somehow force myself to draw men, cause I never draw them and suck at them lmao. If this one does well, I'll make an all-female version! I've thought about the female version a lot tbh, and most of the girls that would appear there will appear in this one, so this could be considered a sneak peak for what's to come. ;)
Do you mean games where instead of being asked who I want to pursue, I make choices and automatically fall into a love interest's route? If so, yes.
I'll go ahead and reword that question oops. But yes, you understood correctly. A game that chooses an interest for you would be like Mystic Messenger, where you just play and then find out what boy the game assigned you to. A game where you choose would be like Cinderella Phenomenon, where you pick a boy from a list at the start of the game. So I'm going for something like MM, which I think most people prefer?
Baby's First Dark And Edgy Story but aged up to where it feels more mature and exciting, if that makes sense?
LMAO you know what that's a great way to describe it I love it thank you.
It would be especially funny, I think, if there was a moment (or moments) when characters pointed it out and poked fun at it a bit.
Fret not, there will be many references, memes, and puns to be had. This game really won't be taking itself seriously lmao.
fuck yeah babey
EYY thank you so much, I'm really happy that people actually like this and aren't cringing too much. And once again thank youuuuuu so much for the feedback also you a real one lowkey for giving feedback to almost everyone in the Ideas forum ilu <33 Hope you'll keep an eye on this project!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#9 Post by Zelan »

sunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pmThere'll be a secret love interest with glasses hehe. But he'll be implemented waaaaay later, after the main guys.
👀
If this one does well, I'll make an all-female version! I've thought about the female version a lot tbh, and most of the girls that would appear there will appear in this one, so this could be considered a sneak peak for what's to come. ;)
heLLO THANK YOU FOR MY LIFE
Baby's First Dark And Edgy Story but aged up to where it feels more mature and exciting, if that makes sense?
LMAO you know what that's a great way to describe it I love it thank you.
I'm glad you like it lmao feel free to use that as your elevator pitch.
EYY thank you so much, I'm really happy that people actually like this and aren't cringing too much. And once again thank youuuuuu so much for the feedback also you a real one lowkey for giving feedback to almost everyone in the Ideas forum ilu <33 Hope you'll keep an eye on this project!!
Oh man lmao thanks for the appreciation I try to give feedback where I can but I don't always have enough time rip :*) I definitely will, it looks so cool so far! Good luck ^_^

sunny

#10 Post by sunny »

Update 27/08/19:
  • Fun little update: I have discovered Live2D!!!!!!
  • Isn't it so cool omgggg. I wish I could implement moving sprites but that's way too much effort.
  • I'll just be using this to create more sprites with future characters. It's amazing to see her come to life tho. <333333

Gery
Regular

#11 Post by Gery »

0..0 !!! THIS IS THE BEST LIVE 2D I'VE EVER SEEN! I'm not kidding, I've seen quite a few, but they all looked very robotic and weren't doing it for me. This one looks as if it was actually animated by a person! Great Job!! I love the expressions, can't wait to see what the rest of the characters would look like!