BL Wrestling-Themed Visual Novel [BxB] [Romance] [Various Topics]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
zex

BL Wrestling-Themed Visual Novel [BxB] [Romance] [Various Topics]

#1 Post by zex »

Hi Lemma Soft Forums! 😁

I'm Zex!

Interested audiences, artists, writers, musicians, composers, voice actors, programmers, and other talents, please drop by this link! http://bit.ly/2DXoGn5

The Idea 💡
*drumroll*

This visual novel is a Yaoi/BL narrative-driven story that follows Evan through his senior year in high school as he gets lured into the wrestling team (collegiate wrestling, not that WWE stuff. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collegiate_wrestling) with his childhood friend Hugo!

The player plays as Evan, guiding him through decisions and dialogue choices before ultimately landing on a partner. As the game progresses, it is revealed that each team member has their own distinct, personal "wrestling" in one form or another. I plan to tackle many different topics, some of which include lighthearted ones such as musical theater, games, and food, and more serious ones such as homophobia, religion, and neglect. By tackling these issues, I hope to bring light on stigmatized, perhaps taboo struggles that people in the real world go through. I envision this visual novel to be emotional as it is heartwarming.

Here's the (planned) main cast! 🎭
*applause*

Disclaimer: The information and images provided below are simply for reference and are subject to change. Also, please excuse my bad art! 😂

Evan (MC)
Element motif: Wood 木
Evan's friendliness and open-mindedness help him make good friends with everyone! He has a knack for everything food, music, and nature.

Hugo
Element motif: Earth 土
Hugo and Evan have been best friends since kindergarten. He'd hate if anything were to happen to Evan. He's a geek, baker, gamer, and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty!

Johan
Element motif: Fire 火
Johan's the school president and team captain of the wrestling team. He has a burning passion for sports and leadership, although he tends to bite off more than he can chew.

Max
Element motif: Water 水
Max tends to stay in his bubble of music, musical theatre, and books. He struggles to settle in due to constantly moving around the state.

Darrell
Element motif: Metal 金
Darrell is independent and strong, however, his truculent personality tends to get him in trouble with others.

The story is situated in modern-day San Francisco, California (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco) or a similar place.

Each of the four love interests will have their own route, and each route has a good and bad ending. Additions to the game are in consideration, such as turn-based minigame, secret routes, voice acting, background music, and 18+ scenes.

Also, I haven't thought of a good title yet. That's one thing I'll need help with. Speaking of help...

I need help! 😭
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So far, I've worked out the general plot outline, character dynamics, Ren'Py programming, and GUI. Here's what I got for the GUI as of now:

I do plan on making this game commercially, but as of now, I do not have the skills, time, and monetary resources to make this idea a reality. The purpose of this post is to gauge the public interest in a game like this, as well as make sure there exist people who'd like to help out before starting a crowdfunding campaign.

Please don't hesitate to put in your two cents below!

┬──┬ ノ(° -°ノ)

Thank you! 🌈🤼‍♂️
Last edited by zex on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: BL Wrestling-Based Visual Novel [BxB] [Romance] [Various Topics]

#2 Post by nerupuff »

I think your art looks adorable, even if you've just used them as placeholders for now. Everyone looks unique, which is super cool! The GUI looks amazing and professional as well, there's just something about it that's neat and crisp and I like it!

I wish you luck in finding the people you need to make this project a reality! If you'd ever need help with editing or proofreading in the future, I'd happily apply. I do writing on the side as well; if you need an extra hand, I'll do what I can. ^^
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

High
Regular

#3 Post by High »

Hey Zex, welcome to the forum. To start, I got say, I love the idea of your project. This is the type of game that I tend to play, and the type I have backed many times on KS.

I suggest you have a look through the Recruitment & Services Offered sub-forum. It's the section of the forum where skilled people (artists, programmers, writers, musicians, etc..) advertise their work and projects look for members.

Also (this is advice that will be useful especially if you do go on Kickstarter) consider doing little bit of networking. If you haven't already, create a Twitter account for your Game Company/Game Creator Persona and start following and interacting with other companies and important people on the Visual Novel scene. I've backed many Kickstarter projects and I've seen how a friendly RT can make or break a campaign.

As for title suggestion, uhm... I could only think of two very stupid, obvious ones : Grappling With Love and Wrestling With Love. Though Google tells me the last one is already taken by several books. Good Luck!

zex

#4 Post by zex »

nerupuff wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:45 am I think your art looks adorable, even if you've just used them as placeholders for now. Everyone looks unique, which is super cool! The GUI looks amazing and professional as well, there's just something about it that's neat and crisp and I like it!

I wish you luck in finding the people you need to make this project a reality! If you'd ever need help with editing or proofreading in the future, I'd happily apply. I do writing on the side as well; if you need an extra hand, I'll do what I can. ^^
Thank you so much!

Personally, I wish that the GUI could be more themed towards wrestling, and I think that's where an artist would come in. As for writing, editing, and proofreading goes, I'll let you know if any positions are open!

zex

#5 Post by zex »

High wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 pm Hey Zex, welcome to the forum. To start, I got say, I love the idea of your project. This is the type of game that I tend to play, and the type I have backed many times on KS.

I suggest you have a look through the Recruitment & Services Offered sub-forum. It's the section of the forum where skilled people (artists, programmers, writers, musicians, etc..) advertise their work and projects look for members.

Also (this is advice that will be useful especially if you do go on Kickstarter) consider doing little bit of networking. If you haven't already, create a Twitter account for your Game Company/Game Creator Persona and start following and interacting with other companies and important people on the Visual Novel scene. I've backed many Kickstarter projects and I've seen how a friendly RT can make or break a campaign.

As for title suggestion, uhm... I could only think of two very stupid, obvious ones : Grappling With Love and Wrestling With Love. Though Google tells me the last one is already taken by several books. Good Luck!
Thank you!

I'm glad you love the idea! The next step would be gaining enough support to make this a reality. As of now, I'm not hiring nor commissioning yet, but I will keep the Recruitment & Services Offered forum in mind when looking for talents. I will certainly try my best to stay involved in the VN scene. I plan to create a social media page as soon as I have sufficient details about the game/plot and the name worked out, and then we'll see from there.

Ah, and thanks for the name suggestions! Imho they're a bit cliché with the wordplay, but oddly enough, made me laugh nevertheless.

zex

Re: BL Wrestling-Themed Visual Novel [BxB] [Romance] [Various Topics]

#6 Post by zex »

Interested audiences, artists, writers, musicians, composers, voice actors, programmers, and other talents, please drop by this link! http://bit.ly/2DXoGn5